PIP Week

Discussion in 'Mallinckrodt' started by Anonymous, Aug 12, 2014 at 9:41 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard approximately 50, not sure of that being accurate.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow if that is the case there are only prob around 100 MNK reps left and the rest are Inventiv

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There were 90. MNK reps two weeks ago, probably will be another 40 gone this month. Are you happy Stacey?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Those the that weren't forced out are all aggressively looking to leave ASAP. It will 90% or more contract sales force by Christmas. That's if the "pain" division makes it that long.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Assuming the goal is to convert to all contact, what happens to long-term MNK rep who is doing well with XXR, and who is squeaky clean?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a terrible example of a company to work for than this!!! Questcor and Cadence reps run run run!!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

CSO rep that quit in May after the slow uptake - so glad I did!!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I would consider myself one of those reps and I'm finished trying to make this company any $$$$. This used to be a decent place to work. I will do what it takes to survive until I find another job. Long term success here? Why would anyone want to work for this group of leaders. Not even a message from them yet about "making tough decisions" and "moving forward from here." The DMs I'm close with from my years of being realigned here are all disgusted also. The only thing that seems to make sense is either
    A) Stacy is about to get the axe and she thinks this will motivate the rest of the force
    B) shedding expenses to sale us off and maximize shareholder value

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Very confusing. Makes absolutely no sense, whatever scenario you conjure up to explain it. "Stupid" is the only thing that comes to mind. "Panicky" is another.
    One thing I do know for sure, they just killed Xartemis XR.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My manager read the script on Wednesday morning, and never heard from them again until after I notified them I was taking the severance.

No reaching out, other than asking if I needed help with the process. Gee, thanks.

And I'm not shipping or mailing anything anywhere. As of Friday, I don't have a vehicle, a FedEx card or an expense account, and I have to pay for gas, so if MNK wants my samples, come and get them.

The nerve to ask where I intend to transfer. I'm not.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

*******************word to the wise. If you received any kind of call, YOU are not good or safe regardless of what you hit September 30. Goal is total contract sales force. Lean lean lean for acquisition coming. Don't be stupid and think you are so good that they are not getting rid of you there is no I or You in this you are a number with a dollar value attached to it is all you are now. Contract reps flip a switch contract over cost MNK nothing when company acquired and now with voting of shares with new company is over the last stages of the end will begin. This first round of reps are actually lucky and yes they were some of the best reps in the company. Please don't be delusional and think you have more to give than they did. It doesn't matter if you hit a number. Don't be pathetic look out foe your family now.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A thousand English teachers out of work.......Maybe that explains it. Whatthehelldidyousay?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For anyone taking the severance now, or leaving in the future: make sure you stay on top of them to get your final expense report taken care of. I'm still waiting for mine, and had to pay my corporate card out of my own pocket to avoid any late fees/interest.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Funny yes. But I got the gist of what was being said.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I received my call and package (if you want to call it that) after 5 yrs..

1) 6 weeks and bonus payout for Q3 paid out this next pay period
    2) Insurance until end of Aug
    3) they say you have 48 hrs to make decision
    4) stay with company and you have two weeks (until end of Aug) to hit 30rx
    If you don't you are gone, with no severance
    5) If you hit 30, then 60 by Sept and who the hell knows what Oct will look like

I believe that Inventiv is safe for at least 1st yr because of their contract, but you will have targets on your backs as soon as it expires, so start looking, if you haven't already. This once use to be a respected organization to work for. Not so much anymore. Very unethical and underhanded. One last point. Don't be so rushed to sign severance package (48 hrs is b.s. and was an arbitrary time line. Could have been 72hrs, etc..). Talk to your attorney (like I did) and look at page 8, line 20 (subsection e & f). It states you have 45 days to decide if you are over 40 yrs old and younger, it is vague with a "reasonable amount of time" (pretty subjective). The problem is if you take longer, then you will have you A-hole manager riding with you every week. Good luck to those staying and those getting out. It is a sinking ship. Just a matter if you are on the bow or stern...and the band played on...

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard the same about the Inventiv reps being safe because of the way the contact was written for the first year. However, I know they have a conf call tomorrow so who knows what's going to happen to them

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't believe that about InVentiv. MNK is paying the bills, you don't think they have the right to pull the plug on low performing contract reps?

Maybe I'm looking at it simplistically, but I would think that they do have certain protections under the contract, but if Mommy MNK wants you replaced, you will be replaced.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Contract reps are NOT safe and are on PIPs as well. They just were not given severance option. Contracts are ended early more often than not. It could end tomorrow with the conference call. They surely didn't give any time to sell this drug after home office screwed up the launch. Sad because it is picking up and the doctors that are using it really like it.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with most of this but PIPS for the contract reps have to come from Inventiv and if they don't want to put the reps on pips they don't have to

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so what is sc being evaluated on? how big of wrecking ball she can be?
    it sure as hell isn't results or turnover. or the launch.
    what has she done right?