PIPS? LAYOFFS? MICO MGMT? MERCK BS?

Discussion in 'Cubist' started by Anonymous, May 26, 2015 at 11:54 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't you feel just a little stupid for sticking around for this bullisht??? Next time a deal looks like shit and smells like shit, do yourself a favor and don't pour milk over it and call it breakfast. I still can't believe how the upper mgmt douche bags begged/threatened the sales force to staying while at the same time negotiating the sale of the compnay to suck hole big douchy pharma!?!?!?!? How do those souless scumbags sleep at night??? In the end, all they were worried about was protecting the sale of the company... Not the reps... Not the employees... Their speeches about corportate culture and family were hollow and insincere. Can you imainge the kind of person it takes to F*ck over an entire compnay for money when they already have enough money to buy a small country?!?!?! Literally sickens me...

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed. And yes, we feel stupid. I would say with great conviction that 90% of the sales force is looking aggressively for a new job. Trying to get one before the meeting from hell. When are they letting the SSD's go? I heard by the end of June.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I feel like a total a-hole! He is right!!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It still hurts!!! They shoved it up our asses!!! Hate all those upper managements assholes with a passion!!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yep. feel like a douchebag

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i have been threatened with a pip
    cubist losing reps left and right, every day another one gone
    where's our Q1 true up for the f'ed up z quota and lack of $ for sales

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

THis place is terrible! Email just sent that we have to re-take PI tests for all 3 of our products. Plus 40-50 hours of training. Hope Merck has enough $$$ to hire and train all the new people they will need after everyone leaves. Not a very good business decision...losing reps and re-hiring reps is expensive. Why not just keep the ones you have happy?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Welcome to Mother Merck

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are right on Bonney and Perez were good con men. All the bull about family while we got no RSUs for years. The reps made almost nothing after many years on this buyout. Now the bonus is gone & we are stiffed with a catastrophic health care plan. What a joke.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Notice how they made Zerbaxa 50% of our bonus from day one of launch. everyone knows it takes months to get a new drug on formulary so Zerbaxa payout = zero for H1. Zero payout = unhappy reps that leave. That combined with excessive field rides and micro management does not make for a happy sales force. Very good rep just left from Florida, and a top rep from Ohio. Really sad.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

But what is the point is leaving?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi Cubes!!!

Thanks to everyone for sticking with the company just long enough for us to sell it!!! You guys are the best!!! We won't forget you for helping us out. As a token of our appreciation, we'd like to enroll everyone (everyone left I should say) into the jelly of the month club. Sure, we made off with millions of dollars, but that dosen't mean that you can't enjoy a monthly jelly treat on us!! Sorry about the despicable tactics we used to keep you here, but it was just business. Our familes needed more homes and expensive life enriching things. No hard feelings and all the best!!!

Mgmt

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

why does Merck already suck so bad? Do not like what I'm seeing so far. Any thoughts? It seems like we went from a sexy biotech company to a step-down poor company that doesnt want to pay their reps. So sad.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lots of people are millionaires. Big deal. You want a medal?

Besides, Bonney did all the work. Stea and Perez don't know their arses from a hole in the ground. Bonney sold a $6B company for $9B. Now that's what I call Spin Selling!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Only a "look at me, I'm a millionaire" Douchbag would come to CP to defend the original 3 douchbags, GS/RP/MB.

DOUCHBAGS run in packs.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anybody that thinks any single person such as Bonney has the ability to sell a publicly held company just because he wants to is an idiot. The board of directors represent the shareholders and the shareholders decide whether the deal is beneficial to them or not. When Merck approached Cubist, as the CEO he had no choice but to present the offer and act on behalf of the Board of Directors and shareholders. Don't take things so personally. If you think that any other CEO of a publicly traded company wouldn't have accepted a $9B offer then you are being naive. EVERY publicly traded company is for sale at the right price and no one can argue that this deal was the right price at the perfect time.

Don't confuse a privately held company with a public one. Owners of private companies can do as the wish and don't have to sell to anyone if they don't want to. In publicly traded companies the majority shareholders make the final decision. If you were to combine the total shares owned by Mike, Rob, and Greg it would still have been a small fraction of the votes necessary to control the decision around the deal. If you feel the need to be the victim here and feel like a single person or persons screwed you then you are naive and pathetic. Move on and chalk this one up to being a victim of circumstance.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you want an opportunity for a big payoff all you have to do is have enough vision to identify a company prior to commercialization, identify a company with a product that will actually throw off enough revenue to drive shareholder and finance the building of the company, decide to move your family to wherever the company is located before the drug is approved, take less salary than you are making currently but meaningful equity, work your ass off to execute your vision, believe strong enough in the mission to stay the course when the inevitable challenges and naysayers emerge, avoid excuse makers and negative people, ideally rid the company of these folks and in the end cash in and live happily ever after.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen. The payoff at the end is the validation of creating value and building something that others want and are willing to pay for. The only thing I would add to that formula for success is to surround yourself with believers and people that have the intestinal fortitude to take on the risks involved with a startup. The pressures and uncertainty of a startup always shake out the weak hands....