Please Help! This company's future with new merger

Discussion in 'i3 Research' started by Anonymous, Mar 8, 2011 at 5:45 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi,

I am getting a job in i3research. I just got an offer letter and they said they are merging into inventiv at the end of March and it will be an exciting opportunity to me. They provided me a inventiv benefit package. I was unsure why they are hiring new staff at this point, but sounds like I will be a new employee at inventiv. Do you think it's safe to move to this company?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How much vacation + sick did they offer you?

As for your question, we don't know the future....

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I think the benefit package is the same as the clinical research industry standard. Total 18 days of vac days including 3 personal holidays.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They have mandatory unpaid overtime.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i3 will be quite the superpower now that they're backed by inVentiv, and about to acquire Pharmanet. Prob to acquire another CRO to establish world dominance (haha). They are investing resources in their staff and training and know they have a lot to prove now that they're 'on their own' and don't have UHG backing anymore. Should be good time to join since everyone will be training on newly blended and/or best-practice systems and processes for pretty much everything - at least you won't be behind everyone else in your SOPs and other trainings! Congrats on your new job

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What a crock! Major issues in clin ops and project management, loss of heads of medical and scientific affairs in 3 therapeutic areas

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

People are leaving daily. The worst project management you can imagine

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

100% poor project management team, they got rid of staff that were there a long time with so much expereince and so good at their job. Lack of communication, lack of training, lack of line management..shall i continue.

The best thing I ever did was to leave that company. It was such a breath of fresh air to join a company that actually knew what they were doing and supported theur staff

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The staff that is left is paying the price for poor contracts and management. It is a sweat shop.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's a total sweat shop. I've never experienced anything like this in my life and am getting out as soon as I can.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Gregg, is that you?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All i can say is that is that GD needs to find another i-word to replace integrity...or change the name to i2

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

RUN and don't look back!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They said they're working on employee retention but we're losing more people than ever, and it's mainly because of the change in the PTO policy. They won't change the PTO policy back. In the last couple of months I've lost four people from projects and now there's a lot of confusion. Work is suffering. So are the people who haven't left yet.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The PTO policy change is a large part of it, but we've been treated poorly by management for some time now, and I think that's taking a toll, too. They're not going to be able to retain employees as long as they do things like reduce PTO, reduce benefits, increase the cost of benefits, and treat us like we're a bunch of disposable pieces of equipment. Management can't just SAY that employees are valued, they have to believe we have value... and I don't think that management values us at all!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is going to happen to all of us who are not going to have jobs when Pfizer is done? Are they really promising to have work for everyone? I have heard swirling rumors and seen letters threatening other employees they can't leave to go work for another company that has Pfizer projects and work on it. What if I don't know the exact project, or would be on 2 different? That does not seem fair. Can someone shed light? I can seem to get a straight answer and once you ask, then you are a complainer.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's only getting worse. Rumor has it (and it's a pretty reliable source), that another 150 will be let go at end of October (end of Pfizer ramp down.) They aren't giving us the truth in any aspect! They have no plans to redeploy us all. That's a load of crap! They try to seem sincere but I have caught them in lie after lie. I have seen several "resignations" now that weren't resignations at all (in the past few weeks), just we are sorry but you no longer have a job (and one of these was not even on Pfizer stuff). No notice of any sort. Getting the so-called "severance" package (which still hasn't gotten there) and your final pay (much less unemployment) is a nightmare from what I am hearing because the HR person that tells you you no longer have a job (while your manager is on the line in the background not able to respond to you) never will call back and the supposed package that will be there tomorrow hasn't come in nearly a week. Call after call to the HR person, there is still no response to my friend. I am praying to find something ASAP and can get out before I have to go through all the fighting to get them to send severance/PTO/last check and to verify it for unemployment!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Having been through several "ramp downs", here is what to expect: You will come in to work as usual. At some point, you will get an email to report pronto for a meeting. There you will be told you no longer have a job, pack up your things, and get out.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

... and you will be given 30 minutes to get your personal belongings out of your cubicle or office, while someone from HR watches you to make sure you don't steal anything. You will not be allowed to say goodbye to your coworkers, nor will you be allowed to hand off any of the work you have been doing.

Then whoever is left will have to figure out what you were in the middle of, because this company is so paranoid that they don't want current employees to talk to those who have been laid off.

And it's the laid of employees, the remaining employees, the work, and the clients who will all suffer. Meanwhile, upper management will probably congratulate themselves on having done such a good job at cutting costs again!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Pharmanet/i3's parent company, inVentiv Health, just outsourced ALL IT infrastructure positions across all inVentiv companies, including the people who maintain phones and servers...

Morale is in the toilet... which is what this company is swirling around!