Please leave ACell if your not happy

Discussion in 'ACell' started by Anonymous, Dec 9, 2012 at 11:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Attention all employees who are unhappy at acell, please leave! If your so smart and such a talented group...then find another job and show everyone you are what you think you are! Stop sucking on the draw and go make more money with a solid company that has everything you need to sell a product. This is a fast paced start up, not a job to hang around and take a handout (you probably voted for Obama).

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're a dope. Pretty tough to explain to recruiters why people have only been here a year, or even less. You see, stud, most of us are not job hoppers like you where you have to leave every two years when they start to figure out that you can't sell.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Class 2 Recall
    MatriStem® Plastic Surgery Matrix XS,

Date Posted July 21, 2011
    Recall Number Z-2855-2011
    Product MatriStem® Plastic Surgery Matrix XS Intended for implantation to reinforce tissue where weakness exists in urological, gynecological, and gastrointestinal anatomy, including, but not limited to the following procedures: pubourethral support, tissue repair, body wall repair, and esophageal repair
    Code Information Model Numbers: PSMX0710, PSMX2025, PSMX1020, PSMX2030, PSMX1620, PSMX3030, PSMX2020, and PSMX3040 LOTS: OM004-802 OM021-802 OM058-801 OM068-805 OM005-802 OM023-802 OM061-808 OM070-81 OM006-801 OM023-803 OM063-81 OM071-807 OM014-802 OM026-802 OM064-81 OM075-805 OM014-805 OM033-804 OM064-801 OM076-805 OM015-803 OM047-807 OM065-808 OM088-804 OM020-802 OM052-808 OM067-803 OM098-804
    Recalling Firm/
    Manufacturer ACell, Inc
    8671 Robert Fulton Drive
    Suite B
    Columbia, Maryland 21046-2582
    For Additional Information Contact Jennifer Bosley
    410-953-8508
    Reason for
    Recall Surgical mesh for implantation may have elevated endotoxin levels.
    Action ACELL, Inc. sent an "Urgent: Medical Device Safety Alert" letter dated July 07, 2011 to all affected customers. The letter notified customers (physicians) of the possibility of elevated endotoxin levels in the product and affected lots. They were instructed to monitor their patients receiving the affected implants. For additional information please contact the Director of Regulatory Affairs & Quality Assurance at (410) 953-8508.
    Quantity in Commerce 30 units
    Distribution Nationwide (USA) Distribution including the states of CA, CT, FL, ID, IL, MD, MI, MS, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX and VA

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ACELL INC. MATRISTEM PLASTIC SURGERY MATRIX XS FTM, SURGICAL MESH Back to Search Results
    Catalog Number PSMX0710
    Event Date 01/01/2012
    Event Type Injury Patient Outcome Required Intervention,Hospitalization
    Manufacturer Narrative
    It was determined that the material used was inappropriately thick, contributing to seroma formation. Acell is in the process of collecting add'l data from the initial reporter.

Event Description
    Pt underwent bariatric surgical procedure in which the matristem product was used as an onlay of the stomach to reinforce soft tissue. At an undisclosed time period following surgery, fluid pockets were noted under material leading to surgical explantation.

Search Alerts/Recalls

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wow, you have google. that's pretty impressive. fyi, the recall was voluntary, and happened over a year ago, and is no secret at all. the other one is an mdr in the publicly available fda database of mdr's that the company proactively decided to file. most device manufacturers have 100s of mdr's a year. they don't necessarily link a problem to a product. often they show the company is doing what it's supposed to be doing when reviewing any complaints from the field.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Many have left, many more are leaving. I'm working two jobs to pay my mortgage. Spend 40 hours a week selling something that actually gets reimbursed, spend 8 hours a week pretending ACell is awesome. I'd leave, but they screwed me so now I'm screwing them. That's why you get for treating your reps like crap.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

you hit it right on the nose brainchild. most companies have a lot of MDRs each year, the fact these aholes have only reported 2 in how long (2 years)? is a huge red flag, not any indication the product is safe. the ffact we are instructed to route complaints through regionals is probably why there are so few... isnt it ironic... dont cha think?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This house is about to come down.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Any grapplers on here?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I grapple! I Vitton! I show pitchers! Why can't I sell da powdah?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

why on earth would you stay with ACell (or any company for that matter) if you have to spend time working for another company just to make ends meet? no one forced you to apply, no one forced you to interview, and no one is forcing you to stay now that you're here. i am so confused by all the anger on this blog. its a crap economy out there and this is a solid job at a fast growing company. you're offered a gig and want to take it? great! don't want to? great! move on!!! the limitations of this (and any other) late stage start up are well known. in fact, that's why ACell offers such a high commission vs. other jobs at larger more well established companies. it's really quite up front. if you think you can make the money despite limited reimbursement go for it! if not, this is definitely NOT the place for you. but to stay here, get angry, spend your time blogging, all while working for another company seems pretty self defeating.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here we go again. You are correct, no one did make us apply, or join this company. The problem is we left a good paying job, because we were told one thing during the interview process, and now its entirely another while working for Acell. We arent staying at acell, just takes a few months to find another gig, hence you see reps leaving 6-12 months into it once they have realized the truth of it all. Now the reason for this anger on this board, to ensure all other potential candidates realize what they would be getting themselves into if they decided to join. High commissions? Not sure what start up you have ever worked for... There is a reason for the exodus of reps from Acell, because the job is not what was told to them during the interview process, and the money is not what was told, among other reasons. People realize this and leave.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

that's a bummer. i'm sorry for your experience. i luckily haven't had that (so far), and i was also lucky in that i took this job when i was between jobs, so i didn't leave any other company to come here. my contract was pretty clear as to what i would make, how i would make it, and what my territory would be. i'm curious how you got such a different contract? i really wasn't promised much but a job at which i had no 'ceiling' in the salary dept. so far so good. i just want to keep going in the direction i've been going. good luck with your next gig. take it easy on the rest of your co-reps that you leave behind!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you're happy making less than $100K than ACell is awesome. If you expect to make $175K/year (which is what we were told in the interview process) then you're kidding yourself.

There are about 92 reps at ACell
    76 will make less than $90.
    10 Reps will make about $100K
    6 reps will make $150-$200K.

When 83% of your salesforce is making less than 90K/year AND have to pay for their own car, cell phone, etc. Reps get very angry. We were told $175k was first year and we're making half of that. Does that sound reasonable to anyone???? Many of us left good paying jobs to come here, but ACell Management has not lived up to their end of the deal.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Average rep sells $40K per month. How much is 14% of that?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm confused, how could you be promised you would make some dollar amount if your salary is 100% commission based? How could anyone know what you will sell ahead of time if it is completely up to your future performance?

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nobody promised us $175k, but we were all told $175k was first year at plan. Which means the average income of the salesforce should be $175k - some a little higher, some a little lower. THAT WAS A HUGE LIE. The average income of the salesforce is less than $100k. ACell mamngement is either a bunch of liars, or the biggest bunch of morons in the history of medical device sales for miscalculating first year income by such a large number.

When you're told first year at plan is $175k, you figure a rough year puts you at $140-$150... not $75k wit zero car allowance. The result is an angry, bitter, hateful salesforce with reps looking to screw ACell in return for the lies.

You can't mess with people's lives and families like that and then say "Hey, we didnt make you any promises". Thats slimy used car salesman type of stuff.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is well said. How does management not understand why so many Reps are furious?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

what is 'at plan'? what does that even mean? each rep has a different territory with different numbers of hospitals. even the customers themselves vary. some territories are heavier on wound care, some on hernias. some in areas with more obese and older and sicker folks, some not so much. the way i understood it was i'd get X% of sales made by me in my territory to the hospitals listed in my contract. pretty simple. i think that if you somehow believed that there was some magical number every one hits on some 'plan', you probably didn't read the contract very carefully.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i think he was pretty clear.. 175k at plan, which means...

jesus u ppl are assholes if u cant even read whole sentence go back to grammar school