Please share what you are hearing concerning Boost, Who, What, When, and Where.

Discussion in 'Genentech' started by anonymous, Apr 19, 2018 at 2:17 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I heard they are getting rid of 37% no other details, what are you hearing?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

37% of who? Field?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Home office

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does that include CT & D?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How many marketing people does it take to screw in a light bulb per franchise? And the answer is....more people than work!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any time you get rid of a lot of people (many that are high performers), it instills fear in most reps that are thinking...maybe they are next. It's a big distraction. You create a fearful and counter productive atmosphere because "you may be next". I feel safe, but I'm looking around to see if other companies might be a better option.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The whole model needs to be blown up! DM's should be gone! The whole DM field ride once a quarter, or once in 6 months in the field for a day is a waste and comical. No one needs them and they're worthless. If development is an issue let the regional and the CS work together to develop but most CS's just want to remain a CS, but for those that do not there should be a path. I mean DMs get more pay and equity than a CS for what? They do zilch! Such a silly expensive inefficient model

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh and who needs all these trainers as well? I mean CS's who are in the field dealing with all the obstacles know everything about the product and the customer obstacles. No need for training nonsense but how about reps getting together and brainstorming difficult sales discussions in place of a silly workshop. Who needs a trainer? They just create with workshops for the sake of making workshops for a career check off. Its all BS! Costly BS!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Absolutely. Time to BOOST the worthless managers. We still have a few excellent ones but too many bring NOTHING to the party. No free rides with biosims on the horizon.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Typical CS misperception of development. It's not just for people who want to get promoted to a different role. Career CS's should be developing and building their skills set too. No one is perfect. I've been in the field countless times, and I've never seen a perfect call. Everyone can get better at their job. Maybe some of you stone throwers should look in the mirror at your arrogance and complacency.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ha! Here's an idea. Why not make the manager position a rotating position filled by COS' in a geographic area (division). Every six to nine months (in order not to align the time in the role with sales awards or year end results) the role rotates to the next person in line in that division. Basically, a division managed by the COS' and if they exceed expectations as a division or do not meet expectations the results lie on their shoulders. The manager role is really only administrative, so all it would amount to is more paperwork for the specific COS that is up at the time.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m reality clinical care nurses are no longer needed. Perhaps one per 4 or 5 states when someone wants an infusion training but now that they are trained, most don’t need or want additional trainings. Likewise with the TLL’s. Perhaps one per 4 or 5 states.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They are boosting out Home office and upper management, RM's and above although many DM's could still be cut. Everything is in play.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Haha "I've never seen a perfect call" Maybe you don't know what a perfect call is, ever think of that? You've never seen one because they don't exist! Clearly you haven't been in the field for a while, considering you think there is one. When you're in the field you have to improvise and adapt and the field isn't a CT&D workshop. See this is why DM's should be gone! So out of touch and clueless, lol.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who is “i’ve Been in the field” (oh - 1 time) to pass any judgement. You suck and are part of the problem.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So if there's no such thing as a perfect call, you are agreeing with me that CSs should continue to develop their skills to meet the evolving for challenge of the market. Approaches that worked 15 years ago when most MDs made their own treatment decisions are no longer applicable to pathways and the OCM.

Skills that worked when you had the first in class, best in class drug may not be effective in highly competitive markets.

So having someone observe the interactions and provide feedback on what seemed to resonate with the customer and what did not might help set you up for future success.

You seem like an intelligent, confident person who would know when the call did not go well, but do you always know why it did not go well. Can you objectively assess where you lost the customer? Is it ever because you made a mistake or an incorrect assumption about the customers' needs? Or is it always someone else's fault because you don't have the right resource or the right data?

I seen it a hundred times. Anyone who thinks they can't benefit from good coaching is simply a fool.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Try a couple hundred, which is probably about the same as you. With a mindset like your's, it's no wonder MDs don't see value in interacting with reps and reps are becoming obsolete.

You might try listening to someone else for a change or at the very least listen to your customers and what they are really saying.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The problem is the customers. Why don't they understand what I am telling them. Don't they know I have a job to do. I need a good bonus so I can pay for my sabbatical trip. Fire all the stupid customers. That's what we need.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Most TLLs cover 4-5 states already. Some cover 10.