Please stop the micromanaging culture! What is this?

Discussion in 'Sage Therapeutics' started by anonymous, Jan 30, 2019 at 9:07 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I came here because I felt like I would be empowered as a woman. Now I have a manager that I thought hired me for my professional background and abilities, yet micromanages and this makes me want to quit. I wish I could go back to my old job and wonder why I did this. My previous manager would never have done this at all. Maybe I would see him once a quarter but generally that was to discuss specific accounts. My job was to keep him abreast of my territory and I was treated with respect. No one, absolutely no one wants or needs to have a manager shadow them every month. I know what needs to be done and if there is a good reason to bring in a manager.

Fair warning to anyone considering coming here. DON'T. Because no matter how great the product or other parts of a company you like, a poor manager makes the job HELL. If you have a simple-minded RBD that manages this way, it is about their level of anxiety and lack of leadership expertise. Such poor management skills are so demotivating. If you don't have trust in my abilities, then you shouldn't have hired me. I'm not a 22 yr old sample rep at their first rodeo.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Preach sister!