PMT Corporation

Discussion in 'Tell Me About Your Company' started by Anonymous, Sep 8, 2008 at 12:13 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does anyone know anything about PMT corporation? Medical Device company..

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have never heard anything good.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not the same since R. Dailey(TX) left

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

pmt corporation is a joke i used to work for them and they are the most pathetic excuse for a business. as far as products go it depends on what your talking about, the gel sheeting is good compared to most places and permark is too. but company wise i would never advise anyone to work for them they are very unorganized.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You will not make the money they promise, you will never be praised, and they will likely cheat you of expense money owed. "Red" likes the "white stuff', married a hooker, and keeps a gun in his desk drawer.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I also worked for Dyna for a long time. I got out when the getting was good (sooner than later). They treat thier employees like crap and don't think anything of it. Their philosophy is "oh well we'll just get a replacement". No wonder why they have such high turnover. Last I heard it was around 80%.....yes you read correctly 80%. This equates to 8 out of 10 people leave the company. Oh, and another interesting stat is that most or all leave within 6 months. Check the posting boards they aren't expanding they are trying to fill all of thier open positions. Currently there are 25 open sales positions advertised on career builder. Out of the 125 total sales consultants having 25 open is 20% of thier sales force is non-existent. It's been that way for years and years as long as I could remember from working there. They are driving people away in droves and lose quality people all of the time. Once people get started with the company if they are smart they realize that it's twisted culture and screwed up attitude toward the reps isn't how a good company is run. And if you think that Dynasplint is a stepping stone think again. Other repuatable companies want to see real experience from a real company. Other medical equipment companies don't respect Dyansplint and rightfully so it's not a good company. So rather than having to expalin why you worked for Dynasplint it's better just to not have it on your resume. Heck my new manager told me he would have rather had used car salesman, copier sales, rental car salesman than Dynasplint on my resume. I'm glad he gave me a chance but Dynasplint on my resume didn't help one bit it actually hurt. Read the posts about the company and if you're smart you won't make the mistake that 8 out of 10 people did!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Once people get started with the company if they are smart they realize that it's twisted culture and screwed up attitude toward the reps isn't how a good company is run. And if you think that Dynasplint is a stepping stone think again. Other repuatable companies want to see real experience from a real company. Other medical equipment companies don't respect Dyansplint and rightfully so it's not a good company.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it's better just to not have it on your resume. Heck my new manager told me he would have rather had used car salesman, copier sales, rental car salesman

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

pmt corporation is and permark is too. but company wise i would never advise anyone to work for them they are very unorganized.

Anonymous

#5 08-14-2009, 03:45 PM
    Anonymous Posts: n/a

Re: PMT Corporation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes you read correctly 80%. This equates to 8 out of 10 people leave the company. Oh, and another interesting stat is that most or all leave within 6 months. Check the posting boards they aren't expanding they are trying to fill all of thier open positions. Currently there are 25 open sales positions advertised on career builder. Out of the 125 total sales consultants having 25 open is 20% of thier sales force is non-existent. It's been that way for years and years as long as I could remember from working there. They are driving people away in droves and lose quality people all of the time. Once people get started with the company if they are smart they realize that it's twisted culture and screwed up attitude toward the reps isn't how a good company is run. And if you think that Dynasplint is a stepping stone think again. Other repuatable companies want to see real experience from a real company. Other medical equipment companies don't respect Dyansplint and rightfully so it's not a good company. So rather than having to expalin why you worked for Dynasplint it's better just to not have it on your resume. Heck my new manager told me he would have rather had used car salesman, copier sales, rental car salesman than Dynasplint on my resume. I'm glad he gave me a chance but Dynasplint on my resume didn't help one bit it actually hurt. Read the posts about the company and if you're smart you won't make the mistake that 8 out of 10 people did!!

Anonymous

#8 Today, 10:17 AM
    Anonymous Posts: n/a

Re: PMT Corporation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once people get started with the company if they are smart they realize that it's twisted culture and screwed up attitude toward the reps isn't how a good company is run. And if you think that Dynasplint is a stepping stone think again. Other repuatable companies want to see real experience from a real company. Other medical equipment companies don't respect Dyansplint and rightfully so it's not a good company.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Should I take a job with PMT Corporation?

Please help me in this decision? Are they really as bad as these other posts say?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

For which division, job and comp?

It makes a difference...

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Should I take a job with PMT Corporation?

Do not I REPEAT NOT take a job w PMT. I was doing a little checking up on my past employers and decided to Google PMT. EVERYTHING that has been posted is true. Every Friday at 3:00 paychecks were passed out and it was a game to see how many people would quit after the check was in their hand. The hard part was working the last 2 weeks and knowing from previous employees that your last check is held up a few weeks.

The gun scared me more than the intimidation. I have a family who needs me. Do you?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Got a link? Please post it. I Googled and could only find this link. Hard to believe that a 30 year old company would behave this way. There is always the corporate run-around. You get that no matter where go. I have this vision of everyone walking around with their check envelopes sticking out of their pockets like some payday at a trucking company. Honestly I don't see it. If it is that bad, why hang the last two weeks? I guess a wrong check is better than no check.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We got paid on Fridays. If you quit after you had a check in hand, you only had to plan on having your last check held up. If you quit before a Friday, you would have 2 checks owed to you that were held up. ALL checks for those who quit were held for several weeks. Those of us working in the main office who quit had ours locked up in Red's office. As for the sales reps, I was directed by Red to pull them out of the outgoing mail. Then he would refuse to take their calls. We always had a few reps calling for final paychecks and with each call they got angrier. This would go on for months and most of them finally gave up and never got their last check.

Yes companies have laws to abide by but this company was run by one man who did what he damm well pleased. Maybe some of them did eventually get paid I don't know. But I do know what they went through because I answered a lot of their calls. I would tell anyone that this company is not worth your time. By the way, we all dressed very professional. It is a nice looking building with well dressed people but what went on there was unbelievable. I'm sorry I don't know what you mean by "posting a link". I have never commented on anything online before. I just felt so strongly that I needed to warn this person in this particular case.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks. I am currently working in the medical sales field and I am looking to get into this arena. PMT has some openings and I would like to give it a shot. I have "waded" through a lot, so not much surprises me; however, I get after it in my territory and in the end I achieve significant growth. Who is their competition? Maybe I dive into those waters...feet first of course! Thanks again.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I, too, am seeking employment with PMT. So.....the question I have is........Is "Red" the same person as AL???

Today when I called, I was told that the HR person I had been speaking with (as recently as mid December '09) was no longer there and that there was no longer an HR department. All job inquiries now needed to be sent to the attention of "Al" (the owner), but the person I was speaking with would not provide his last name. At first I thought that was a reasonable practice, but reading the above string sheds a "different light" on my thoughts.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are better off with a job at best buy or walmart. Seriously. The products are shit, and you will not gain any new business, doesn't matter what division you are looking at. I worked there for 10 months. I came from a b2b background was looking to "break in" just as the ad says. As soon as I started, I realized they run the joint like an old western cowboy and indian movie. If you are desperate, take the job, and continue to search for another while there. Perhaps you'll find one, shortly after being hired, and maybe you down the road, you can just pretend you never worked for PMT.

WHen I was there a dude that just got out of the Army was trying to take charge of sales, and the national sales manager up and quit within a month or two.

The lobby is hysterical, they have these giant stuffed animals...frigin wacky. Its like you walked into a parks and recreation building to get a gun permit or something.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I used to work for PMT 3 years ago. I’m shocked by the responses on here. With any job, those who can commit and put in the time (w/true outside sales) will succeed.
    It’s a tough sale – those who cannot keep up their sales will be kicked out. The successful sales representatives are still with the company. I believe there are some that have been there for +10 years. Don’t listen to all of these comments. I cannot believe a company would actually hire some of the individuals who post these comments.