POD MEETINGS, CONFERENCE CALLS AND FIELD RIDES!

Discussion in 'Lundbeck' started by anonymous, Mar 24, 2017 at 9:11 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Enough is enough! We can't sell any damn thing for meeting with Otsuka and Takeda! Also, every time I turn around there is a teleconference called by the ASM, HO people, or Otsuka/Takeda! Otsuka can't sell anything because all those idiots do is find excuses to be OUT OF THE FIELD! Then, some idiot that has nothing to do (take a guess), comes up with another useless spreadsheet to track crap that is already available!!!!!!! Don't tell me one more damn time that we aren't operating with a Big Pharma mentality, because we are!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have more than one Takeda rep say that they had a sample appointment?????? At a psych office but had to leave after 15 minutes because it took too long? What is a "sample appointment"?

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There has definitely been a huge shift to the big pharma was of thinking the last year or so. Meetings for the sake of meeting; spreadsheets tracking data that is already provided; managers that have forgotten the reality of the way most sales calls happen outside of lunches; constant CC's/POD meetings with alliance partners just so managers can say, "Hey look at me, we are working close together!" Field rides to the point where docs have actually asked, "is there a problem?"

Just my 2 cents.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Excessive metrics are the sign of a failing business and scared leadership. Management doesn't want to take the blame for failed goals, so they point to the numbers to either say "I've done everything I can," or "look at these poor performers, fire them not me!"

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I thought my previous company was the worst for meetings, conference calls, etc., but they don't hold a candle to Lundbeck! I have never heard of a company so dead set on pulling you out of the field! The interesting question is why.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

do we have a meeting planned?? haven't heard about anything

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It really has gotten to the crazy point! Way too many meetings and conference to the point where we are actually going over and over the same stuff. They have simply run out of things to come up with to give us busy work. I had 4 CC last week alone! Oh yeah, we are definitely big pharma now.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You guys can't be for real! Nothing on this thread is true. I have been an accout mngr here for a while and nothing you say is true. Why don't yall quit complaining and go sell something......or, do us all a favor and go jump over to Neurocrine or some other "grass is greener" so you can start posting your whiny sh@% on their board. Can we please use this board for company and competitive intelligence?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I suspect that the above posters are your run-of-the-mill, batshit crazy, psych reps.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Competitive Intelligence? Wtf are you smoking? You expect our competitors to come on here and tell us what we want to know? Or maybe you want us to inform them of our plans assuming we can decipher what HQ wants? If you are an account manager and you are getting your contract strategy from this board, that explains a lot about our access issues.

Dumb Ass!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What a dumb moron! Your last sentence shows how incredibly stupid you are! "Competitive intelligence"? We operate in a 97%+ generic market, and you actually think you need "competitive intelligence"????? WHAT GOOD WOULD IT DO YOU, YOU DUMBASS! You must be a "soon-to-be-let-go-neuro-rep", longing for your Xenazine/Sabril days! You had better practice your line, "Would you like fries with that sir?"

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not sure about burger flipping, but all sales reps should be looking into backup careers. Also start belt tightening at home.

Very few with only a BA or BS make 6 figures. I recommend looking into a 2 year technical degree like ultrasound technician.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Apparently, there must be a big initiative to take us out of the field as much as possible. It shows that they are at least trying to do something, anything to make themselves look good. Sort of like the insanely stupid initiative, "A Rising Tide Lifts All Boats". Pitiful.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I bet nothing fits your boat.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think you meant to use the word "lifts" instead of "fits". Doesn't really matter. If you want to "lift all boats", find some management that, (1) doesn't waste money on silly meetings, and things that take away from selling time; (2) has a basic understanding of business in general; and (3) understands the market in which we operate. I could list more, but what's the use. Not wanting to be negative, but we lack in all 3.

My advice, just do the best you can with what you've got to work with. Simple as that.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

100% spot on! Your sentences, "constant CC's/POD meetings with alliance partners just so managers can say, "Hey look at me, we are working close together!" Field rides to the point where docs have actually asked, "is there a problem?" My manager constantly is looking for things for US to do to make themselves stand out! It's almost as if they look for things to take up our time and remove us from the field selling. Very strange management philosophy. Meanwhile, they push and push for us to complete a survey that virtually nobody is honest when answering the questions!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have finally had it with Lundbeck. Field rides every 2 weeks is way too damn often for anyone! I have gotten to the point, as well as the rest of my district, that just seeing my ASM makes me want to puke! It's not my number either, because they are damn good! I talk regularly with most in my district and everyone says they are looking to leave this year. Too much busy work, fake rah-rah teleconferences, and way, way too may field rides. I'm done here.