pompous and condescending award acceptance speeches need to stop!

Discussion in 'Genentech' started by anonymous, Jan 28, 2018 at 11:06 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Spot on. I for one view it as what Bill A is hoping happens. He won’t have to implement another layoff as those worth their salt will seek better opportunities elsewhere and reduce the surplus population without him having to have a mass downsizing. By putting CS vs CS, only the strong suck-ups with mega territories will survive. Having left on my own last year , it was clear that I was viewed as non-essential.
    Genentech is no longer a highly desirable company to work for b

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sad but true

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

...say something the troll that got a gifted territory. This is so laughable. Nothing is balanced here. The cut territories couldn’t be more unfair or different. Some people didn’t even get that bolus you pea-brain. God I swear some people just love to hear themselves talk.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You hit the nail on the head. Genentech encourages the suck-ups and who has the strongest voice. I have never seen this kind of mentality anywhere else. It definitely is CS vs. CS as they have created this kind of environment. This on top of the suck-ups who also happen to generally have the megaterritories. Then they are going to rank everyone knowing good and well the territories are so different that there is no way to be able to fairly rank.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

in ophthalmology there are maybe 8 mega accounts meaning 8 mega territories. The amount of pressure on those CSs is high. One high performing territory can carry a whole division.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Same for MS. 3-4 accounts per territory. Way too many CS's. Part of the Big Pharma strategy brought over by the leadership/biogen team. Tons of reps with nothing to do. This sales force can be cut in 1/2 and wouldn't miss a beat.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Let me guess...you’re one of those high performing territories. Your twist on things are hilarious. The mega territories are the lucky ones! They always win the awards and always make the most money.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not even close. Not even sure why you'd think that. It isn't any better here, no real money to be made and a total joke of goal setting - one size fits all, no taking into account individual territory situations. I'm pretty sure that a top performer would not be posting on here and would be snickering on the sideline.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I agree with the other person. You’re WRONG. The same people go up on stage year after year. I’ve been here many years now and have just accepted it. Trust me, it’s not because they are a top performer (meaning they have better skills and work harder than others etc.). Many of us personally know a lot of these folks. And while it’s true that the company may rely on these territories, they always ensure they make the most money and get the top resources. The reps with the top volume territories are blessed to have them.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

AGREED!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

One thing I’ve noticed since coming to Genentech....we have the biggest crybaby losers. To be honest we are so liberal here I’m actually surprised they don’t give in and just give you participation trophies. Always excuses...the best reps not territories win year after year...put me in any other territory and within 2 yrs I’ll be walking across the stage or be dam close. Difference is I find a way to win, I sell, I utilize every resource and I find away to see my customers. I’ve done it at every company my entire career and that includes outside the pharma industry.

Quit bitching get to work and make it happen. Maybe you can unseat me next year...difference between us of course is I’ll work even harder to make it the next year.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please.....

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Now let’s all vomit now

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Folks, can’t you see, this is the new Bill A “BOLD” Genentech. Everyone tear everyone else down, belittle and demoralize, ridicule and slander each other. All with the goal of driving business growth. In the end, it will lead to unethical behavior and eventually a CIA.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

And more good people making an exit while the problem children stay.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I took control last year with the shit show I was with not looking good going forward. I really didn’t want to leave, it’s easy to be complacent here and go along to get along but it really didn’t feel good, was not at all fun and pressure was building to deliver numbers that didn’t exist in the territory. Goal setting is and will be an issue going forward

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

awesome speeches so motivating

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Funny...not one person that is “good” has left. Sorry but all very replaceable. For the most part our MS division is composed of rejects of the industry. The good people won5 leave because it’s so easy to shine. And the money is great

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Rejects? Give me a fu*king break. This is the dumbest statement ever. Yeah, this gig has t turned out to be a great as promised. Yeah, favoritism is up the ass and friends got the best territories. Yeah, the award winners were all that have been gifted amazing, high volume territories. Yeah, the created territories are highly unbalanced. But one thing is a FACT. They hired the BEST in the industry. Those that have proven, unbelievably high tract records of success and awards. You were probably one of the rejects they said no to.