position with genoptix

Discussion in 'Genoptix' started by Anonymous, Feb 1, 2011 at 11:08 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been offered a sales position with Genoptix. Any thoughts from others reps?
    Serious only, Thanks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL..... Really??!! This made me laugh.... i'm sure its fake, but still made me laugh...

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It depends on your expectations.

The reality is after this year salaries and bonus dollars will be reduced to those offerred by Novartis in their Oncology sector.

Quite frankly, most reps are looking to get out of this shit hole so others will find it humorous that there are deperate enough people out there to want to be here.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did you accept the job?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Novartis oncology reps do rather well with their salaries, 20-30k higher than what is offered in the lab sector.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What is the manager like in Detroit. What happened to the rep in Indianapolis. I got a call to interview for this job.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

detroit dsm = nightmare! huge turnover in that district. you'll be the first to get cut by novartis. only the seasoned and the productive reps will survive the transitiion.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

don't listen to this moron. turnover isn't high......go to the interview and make up your own mind.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No, this is incorrect. Traditionally, turnover has been high with this manager. He's a scared little man and gets no respect. I have been close to this area, so the above poster is full of shit. I also agree with the previous poster. Whey the hell would you come to a company that is recently acquired? Your hire is just a formality. You'll be gong in a month.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Does the detroit DSM micro manage? What makes him bad?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

just sell sum jack too's and you will be ok...people love the jack too on the down low to 1%...my big boss said so...yup..jack too'ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spoken like a real Jackass!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Turnover isn't high.....I guess 20% (this is a low estimate, prob. closer to 30% by now) is low turnover. It is soon to be much higher. Take a look at the job postings on the website. TRUST me, its not an expansion! I know some of the posts are old and already filled but it still speaks volume about the turnover since PETEY took over!

I wonder if PETEY liked the trumpet shoved up his butt at band camp? Maybe thats why he is shoving it up our asses at Genoptix.......He kinda acts like PETEY too. Maybe thats why he drives that stupid Corvette-making up for his lack of personality and Sorry, I got off topic. Daydreaming trying to take this stupid compliance quiz, entering my five calls for today and my made up mileage! I hope it gets past JM....fingers crossed I would not want to get caught double dipping yet!

OH wait, everyone is leaving because of the Novartis deal, not because of the tools TN hired to take BD's place!!!Keep on drinking, or, smoking the bud....Whatever gets you through the day PETEBOB!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Being part of Novartis may not be so bad.

Base $ 65k-75K

Annual Bonus (Not true Commission): 50k at Plan

Company Car: Chevy Impala

Oh, not to mention the successes SmithKline, GenZyme and yes Novartis had in the past owning Labs!

Remember Novartis bought Corning, and Corning used to own Quest when it was MEtpath!

Good Luck

Oh, and lets not forget the rumor that they will sell off the flow business to SONIC, QUEST or LAbCorp.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Indy rep did not leave because of manager. Big changes within company tightly following pharma rules and many people were NOT treated fairly by company. Some managers desperately need training in managing people.
    Many are looking for way out, crazy corporate culture here. Pretty immature, selfish and unfair, no team work!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are other depts. within Carlsbad headquarters that also have bad-tempered and unhelpful managers and employees, where the supposed "leaders" and their favorites hate on everyone else. Makes for a miserable existence but the joke is on them ones because they are so clueless in life on how wretched they are. They don't get respect because they give none.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're getting your "Corning"s mixed up. Ciba-Geigy A.G. (precursor to Novartis) bought Corning Inc.'s share of the Ciba-Corning Diagnostics Corporation, a joint venture in which each company had owned half. Ciba-Corning was based in Medfield, Mass. This eventually became Chiron Diagnostics. MetPath, Inc. was located in Teaneck, NJ. In 1982, MetPath was acquired by what was then known as Corning Glass Works, and subsequently renamed Corning Clinical Laboratories. In 1997 Quest Diagnostics becomes an independent company as a spin-off from Corning.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm sure its true. Genoptix sales reps are like rats jumping from a sinking ship. Another cold and heartless move by Genoptix. Filling these positions as fast as they lose them in order to appease Novartis. Anyone coming on board now are pawns and fools. They will be the first to be eliminated once they start to elimination the intersections of the two companies.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey,
    I am Not so sure of loss of jobs with the Novartis merger. Diagnostics is an entirely different sell from pharma, and the training does Not come in months!! Diagnostics is a tough job and if Novartis was wise they would NOT alter the team. transition is BAD for relationships and is a sales kill!@ I am not sold on the present Genoptix leadership, due to poor DM management, but I think Novartis merger is an improvement!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Convince Petebob of this and you will be the top salesperson.