Post COVID normal

Discussion in 'Lundbeck' started by anonymous, May 21, 2020 at 8:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The clinics I have been in contact with are limiting contact, one rep and access is being restricted moving forward
    What are managers going to do, they will not be allowed in clinics.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They will wait in the car where they belong, facebooking and surfing for new loafers.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They will be the first ones to be let go.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

From the WSJ:

“While nearly half of U.S. doctors allowed in-person visits from sales reps just before the pandemic, only 10% opened emails from company reps, according to ZS, which advises drug companies on sales strategies.”

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What!?! Can’t be true! I thought our jobs would be outsourced to India due to the successful implementation of Veeva Engage

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

100,000 dead in US, and that’s probably an undercount, as it doesn’t include patients that were never tested. That’s more than all war fatalities combined since Korean War.

Unless we get widespread testing, next winter is going to be brutal.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think the company should allow s to stay home forever. There is no need to try and go into offices where the doc is at home or won’t see you. I called several CMHC’S this week to see what’s going on and everyone said they have no time set when or if reps will ever be allowed back in. Also, the Veeva method was basic laughed at. They don’t have the time. Yes, it’s the worst way in the world to try and sell drugs in this environment, especially drugs like our psych drugs. Yes, the company will eventually have to completely and totally redo their marketing plan/structure which will result in massive layoffs here and at other pharmaceutical companies. Don’t be surprised when it happens. Lundbeck is a business with shareholders that expect their investment to grow. It won’t doing business this way.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well said and the reality of all this is we will barely have a few months COVID break before it all starts up again and we're headed str8 into a crazy election period with the remains of Nov 3rd hanging over every corporate company's heads rn. Election years never fair well for pharma in the first place and then you add this enormous pandemic on top of it and your looking at a total recipe for disaster. Lundbeck senior management can put all kinds of polished twists on this entire mess of a year, but face it, multiple pharma companies have already had layoffs since March and it will only plummet into a faster spiraling fallout the longer this goes towards the fall period. Anyone here that thinks they're safe is fooling themselves; managers included!!!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well said above poster and I agree we are in for a rough ride here the rest of this year along with many other pharma sales organizations. If you're not out there actively looking now for a new gig, don't be crying in your glass of milk later this year when this bloodshed of a layoff here happens. And watch our kissing cousins at Otsuka and Takeda doing the same. Otsuka just announced to their associates on a national call w/i the past few days, they currently have 130 openings both in their home office and field and have a hold on those positions at present. They were told the company is taking this time to re-evaluate whether or not some of those positions - both HO and field will even be filled. That totally screams Otsuka is already thinking a reorg. Just saying!

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lundbeck does not have any psych products.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A couple things:

1. Coronavirus transmission in US is slowing, with R0 now around 1. This suggests some degree of reopening will continue.

2. Without a vaccine or ability to quickly test, track, and isolate the infected, it is a 99.9% certainty that a second wave similar or worse than March 2020 will occur from November-March 2021. Even in highly impacted areas like New York City, current herd immunity does not exceed 20%.

3. By July of this year, companies will have a fairly sophisticated understanding of what March/April level Coronavirus spread does to sales. Thus when we go into lockdown again in fall, management won’t be full of reassurances and PTO. Expect mass layoffs to avoid bonuses.

4. Enjoy this eye in the storm. It’s going to be 6+ months of famine starting this fall.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

sales are up

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Oh, I quit several years ago and didn’t realize that

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Which is why the stock continues to be labeled as sell, even before Q2 COVID results are reported.