Post how you are getting screwed over on Shire stock

Discussion in 'Shire' started by anonymous, Dec 23, 2018 at 9:03 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tomorrow is the deadline if you want to exercise your options which may even be underwater. If you have other Shire stock and do nothing you will have much of it cashed out next year and take some low priced Takeda stock. You will be stuck paying taxes either way. What are your plans for dealing with this screw over?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank god I cashed mine out

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

With the stock market crashing and both Shire and Takeda stock tanking maybe this merger will be called off. Anyway you look at it Shire employee stockholders with options underwater are getting screwed over big time on this deal.
    We will have to pay Capital Gains taxes on the cash portion of Shire stock and we have to take the near worthless Takeda stock.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You're incredibly stupid

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

My CEO was so out of touch with reality; he once blamed A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) for the drop in stock price.

Stated we were “lumped” in with the likes of Teva and should sell sell sell.

Then the comment was later deleted from the recorded town hall because of technical difficulties

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well, at least if you are gonna get stuck with Takeda stock you will get a lot of it for a low price. Even if you on have 100 share of Shire, you will get over 500 shares of Takeda at about $16 per share. It also pays a dividend. It can really only go up from there. So keep it for long term. If it goes to 100, then 500 * 100 = 50K.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Your truest friends are the people who don’t walk out the door when life gets tough. They actually pour some coffee and pull up a chair. Reach out and let one of those true Shire friends know you appreciate them.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Cant believe Shire still pays people to derail threads on here!!! What a waste of time and money!
    Hopefully we won’t get too screwed over on the stock. What is everyone planning on doing with the portion that is cashed out?
    Will you invest in something else?
    Put it in a high interest savings at ~2% interest?
    Put it towards your mortgage?
    Something else?

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is the total buyout price?

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Staying positive means you will get the next one, get back up, not accept status quo, own your results.....it’s not about losing its about finding a way and winning! Happy New Year, Multiple P Club Winner

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You can google the answer. Takeda is going into massive debit to purchase Shire. Will you keep your Takeda stock? It seems like it could only go up!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hey Finance Genius: You wrote debit, hahahahaha! Do you mean debt, bahahahahahaha? We must have the industry's dumbest reps!!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You really got us. I am sure you exist in life without any typos. we have so much to learn from you.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It was likely autocorrect. Additionally, it’s unlikely the post was written by a rep since reps don’t seem to be paying attention to the stock.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Those of us that had shire stock in their total annual compensation got fucked the worst. We got stock at $184. Shire stock hasn’t been there in 5 years. Basically we got paid nothing for the last 5 years except base salary.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You UK shitheads are getting nothing because you’re the worst of the worst.
    Takeda will toss you lazy blokes arse to the curb.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

anyone who takes stock as part of their package knows the risks involved
    you act as if the company is supposed to insure your stock increases in value
    if your stock went up 300% and you made an exorbanant sum of money and salaried employees complained you would say thats its a fair deal but when your stock goes south its not fair can't have it both ways
    its risk reward just like sales reps who bitch when they don't reach 100%IC they act as if the bonus is guaranteed as part of their overall comp
    go work for P&G or another salary only company and stop bitching

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The all time high for tkpyy, takeda ADS on OTC market, was around 40. Their diluted garbage will never be worth 100. Best thing to do....take what ever cash you can get now. That is your floor. If you think takeda is going higher, then buy back in. If not, buy another company or fund.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any stock options that are underwater you will still receive a % on, which is much better than nothing, the stock that doesn't vest immediately will be held for you in a cash reserve and you will get when it vests.

I am not a HQ cronie, I am in the field and I have gone through a few mergers where the buying company completely screws people on stock, Takeda is going above and beyond (in my opinion) to send a positive message to Shire employees.

If you don't like it then you have every right to cash out and find a happy place, me??? I'm gonna take my cash (cash that was never promised to me, just earned for exceeding expectations) put it in a fund and have college paid for 2 of my children 10 years from now!!!

Cheers!