Potential new hire

Discussion in 'Amarin' started by anonymous, Apr 18, 2020 at 2:21 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What is training like? How are the benefits? Paid time off? What kind of backgrounds do managers have? What do cardiologists think about your landmark study? Thank you in advance.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well, considering we just lost our patent lawsuit and even though we are appealing the decision it looks like generic companies are going to do at-risk launches....

Lol

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very aggressive culture. The benefits suck, contracts offer better pay and benefits. Goals are not attainable so dont fall for that bull crap. Training isnt the best. You get around 400ish for a car allowance because corporate people want to drive their fancy cars while you rack up 1k-2k miles a month on your personal vehicle if your territory is big. Plus, you are lucky if you get good partners and region that dont want to throw you under a bus the second they get the chance.

The drug is amazing if you can get the provider past of thinking its just a fish oil and will take time to do a ton if PAs.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

#4 is totally right

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They didn't emphasize the PA's enough.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Don't waste your time... The company sucks. I came to Amarin from contract and I completely regret it. Most of the reps are extremely young and are only looking out for themselves. Benefits are terrible and they totally lie to you when they say making goal is easy and lots of reps are making tons on money in bonus. It's total bullshit. Not to mention the fact, we are selling an over priced fish oil supplement. Stay away. I wish I had.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pros: The drug really is fantastic and ultimately will be game-changing. You can't argue with the data.

Cons: Everything else. I really regret coming here and was on the verge of getting another job before the pandemic. Culture is unnecessarily intense and every change becomes a fire drill for no reason. They preach great culture and benefits when in reality virtually every other rep job in the industry is better. And, oh yeah, they just lost major litigation that could doom the company. Run from this offer.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Culture is awful. Previous poster was right about how everything is a fire drill. And they have trackers for everything. If you’re new and want to get into the industry, fine. But if you have any pharma experience, go elsewhere

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It's shocking that Amarin is hiring in this environment. I saw a position posted in NY! What idiots. Further examples of terrible leadership.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Young reps are ready to PAR-TAY!! Training is like spring break in Cabo. If you can’t hook up here, you must be total derp

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I’m ready to PAR-TAY in my man partners butt!

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I still believe in this company but we are on some rocky waters right now. The comments made by others are not far from the truth. I think there is some over exaggeration however. Correct, there are ridiculous fire drills right now and tracking at multiple levels. Before we landed in this mess, I would say things were easy going, not alot of micromanaging but as in every company, it depends on your manager. Goals, yes are alittle lofty and hopefully upper management comes back down to earth eventually. You need some serious advocates to pull those numbers. Managed care sucks. That's the truth. Until we have great managed care, the numbers wont pop the way they want. And they will think its everything but managed care. Realism has gone out the window here. Still, it's a fantastic product. Easy to sell the clinical side of it. But if you can't pull it through, then you're toast.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why does it taste like a bunch of dirty pennies?