Pre-Employment Drug Screening for Cook - Sales Rep or any position

Discussion in 'Cook' started by Anonymous, Nov 3, 2011 at 5:57 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am interested in a position with Cook. I understand that they screen potential employees for drug use. Are there any current or former employees that can elaborate on the exact procedures (ie. urine, hair, blood?) the company uses right now? Is it just a pre-screen or do they have a random drug testing policy too? I realize a lot of people dislike the company from reading some of these message boards, but I would greatly appreciate an accurate response.

note: I returned back from serving in Afghanistan as a medic and had a 'welcome home' party of sorts with several of my friends a month ago and now I am struggling to find a job. No...I do not normally smoke.

Thanks in advance.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Urine... You will do fine.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for your service.

I am also interested in their drug testing policy. Do they do random drug testing for any positions? and just a urine test?

I am currently getting my MBA and plan on applying in the coming months. Thanks

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why does getting your MBA have ANYTHING to do with drug testing??

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Because I want to apply for a position with the company...from what I gather, they drug test. That's why

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Read the post before you ALL CAPS someone. The dude is getting his MBA and then is going to apply for a position with Cook. In doing so, he will most likely encounter a drug test. Hence his question

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Smoke your balls off. They will start you at a higher base if your pop for THC and for coke you start off in management

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

so pre-screen with urine? test throughout employment?

Also, horrible attempt at humor above

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My advice is to apply now and not tell them you are getting an MBA. Cook looks down on educated people as they won't stay. They look down on drug abuse too but not as much as education.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not quite sure about the reasoning there. So they like incompetent employees?

That aside, I am still wondering about the official drug testing policy (pre-employment screen and any testing throughout employment). Any current or former employees' input would be appreciate.

Please spare disparaging comments

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK... Let me break this down for you because obviously you don't understand my question. Regardless of someone getting an MBA, Phd, MD, DDS, etc., as long as you apply to Cook, you will encounter a drug test. So, who cares what your plans are for your continuing education?? Are you wondering if they will NOT test you because you are getting an MBA? How does telling us this make any sense? You are tested when you apply, and they can test you at any point in your employment. Your hospitals can also require a drug test for access. Why is this such an important issue for you? Do you do drugs? If not, this shouldn't be a pressing issue for you.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wrong, pre-employment urine test and that is it. The above post is completely wrong and the author seems a little arrogant

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Completely wrong??? Are you telling me that Cook doesn't have the ability to make someone take a drug test during their employment?? You are mistaken my friend. I am not saying that you will get tested after the initial pre-employment test, I am saying you CAN. If I sound arrogant it is only because I work here and know what I am talking about. You actually sound ignorant to what can and can't actually happen here.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How long have you worked there? Any random tests thus far?

I'm curious because I am in nursing and I'm thinking about looking for a position with Cook (not sure what exactly) Thanks

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been with Cook for almost 6 years. I personally have not had a random test, but I do know individuals who were tested after car accidents and "reasonable suspicion" by management.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you give them a very obvious reason to be suspicious, then they can request a "random drug test"...you basically have to leave your crack pipe on the passenger seat while you ride with manager.
    Nothing to worry about after initial pee...you can go back to bangin rocks like Charlie Sheen!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

it's actually a policy to not drug test

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can't speak to Cook policies, but the poster who stated that the hospitals will demand proof of a negative drug panel is right on. Hospital credentialing is quite extensive in the device industry. The days of someone waltzing into a hospital with a business card are long gone. There is an entire list of items needed prior to entry into most hospitals as a vendor, and the drug test is just one.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Credentialing does require Drug testing-
    So, first you do pre-employment,
    Then you do whatever your Credentialing requires- which is NOT a copy of your screen from Cook.
    Then, at ANY point that you are involved in a procedure (even just in the room), if the procedure goes down the tube some facilities practice defensive medicine and will test all parties in the room.

The moral of the story....college is over....have a few drinks- but don't drive

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're wrong my friend! Vendor Credentialing Service requires a 10 panel drug screen for some of their facilities. So YOU are completely wrong. Look who's talking about arrogance?