Product Feedback

Discussion in 'SkinMedica' started by Anonymous, Sep 8, 2011 at 8:48 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My dermatologist sent me to her nurse to consider using some products from your company. After 30 minutes listening to the benefits of TNS Essential Serum and other products in that line I made a purchase. I have been very disappointed in the results. I've had better results using a moisturizer and sunscreen. Sorry, but this is snake oil and I've told my dermatologist how I felt about being pressured into buying this crap. NONE of these high priced cosmetics work and any educated patient should know this one thing...You cannot buy ANYTHING to make you look younger. Surgery, yes. In a bottle or tube, no way. Don't waste your money.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was actually speaking with a plastic surgeon this evening whom uses TNS post-surgery for each patient - and he is in awe how much TNS Recovery & TNS Essential change the skin. You should give the product a chance, use AM/PM for at least 90 days - and then hands down you will see a huge change in your skin. It sounds like you did not give the product a fair chance - there is nothing like it on the market and I have been around a long time! If you don't use it as consistently as such for a duration of time - you will not see results. Just saying = )

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok. Kool-Aid drinker, whatever you say. Show me the science behind this stuff.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agreed! The only science I had to support it was an insert from the ADA that was written by doctors that were paid from SM. I used it for a year, ZERO results. It was embarrassing to schlep this crap.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm not a "kool-aid" drinker - I use the product myself and it works....as do many other people I know. You should do your research - you will find a lot on topical growth factors and what they can do for your skin. Check out the Journal of Drugs & Dermatology, there are some non-arguable clinical studies to prove the efficacy and proven results of the product. In any case - I haven't looked at your skin - but perhaps you need other services in lieu of using the product for it to "work", and I dont say that to be snarky.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Some of us women will believe anything we are told or that we read. The truth is NO topical product is going to stop the aging process! I don't care what studies say or who did them. When money is involved, and it always is, the results are always going to favor the sales of the product. The only way to look younger is surgery. And that usually ends up looking really bad after a year or two or we start injecting our lips and face to the point others that see you can see how old and dumb we are becasue our faces look like someone took a rubber hammer to them! I didn't like selling these products and others like it because I know they don't work and we are just playing on the psyche of desperate patients and doctors looking for any way to make a buck. I'm back to selling Rx products and feel much better about the work I do. But by all means, keep using this stuff and injecting your face with everything under the sun........you make me look gorgeous!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Show me a double-blind placebo controlled study with statistically significant results on this particular serum.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My sentiments EXACTLY! Well said!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree too! I call it bleach, botox & bumps! My girlfriends and I code worded this to Triple B! Whenever we see one, which is way too often, it's "hey,triple B at 3 oclock!" I really do feel bad for those women that feel so bad about themselves either becasue of their husband or boyfriend, or becasue of the pressure friends put on them to look better. In doing so, the look so much worse! I lost 15 pounds last winter and have had more comments about "looking good" than I would ever get injecting my face! Some women, including some working here with us, look so bad I can't even look them in the eye when I see them! I just want to say, "honey, are you alright? It looks like your face is about to explode!"

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

NICE! Real speak is what works. Selling snake oil doesn't. Been there, done that with this line. I really think the last two post speak volumes. Way to put it out there without candy coat or kool aide. Nice.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree too!! We have several triple B's here!!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

GREAT company to work for in some respects, below average product offering and results - and HR and sales managers need to go! RD is the only one I respected and thought was truly a professional - as for the rest.....won't even go there.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We don't have regional directors so who could you possibly be talking about? The regional "managers" are DM's managing reps not managers. I agree the manager are all pretty weak but how could we really ever know since our whole business is based upon products that don't do anything except make women think something will help. A dermatologist once put it perfectly: "these products are like those whole body wraps. Yes, you will lose some inches but it's the same as putting a rubberband around your wrist. For a few minutes, your wrist is smaller. Give it an hour or two and buttons will be flying!" If this stuff did anything to sustain a younger appearance, we wouldn't need sales reps!!! Think about it. If someone came up with a real solution for male pattern baldness, do you really think the company would need reps??? Gotta go. Time for more botox and fillers! You won't even recognize me next week!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Strong rumor that SM is close to being sold. I've heard it all before, but this time it seems pretty possible especially with what I've seen going on in the office and at hotel near the office. Maybe a good thing!

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you saying the $260 I just spent on the Essential Serum was a waste of money? Say it aint so Joe!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was wondering when someone would start calling this spade a spade! First of all, if you really are a consumer, and you have paid anything close to that for a face cream, you are so desperately seeking something you will never find! I have to get out of this company because I just laugh at hearing what I'm saying to these offices. It's amazing to see the people we hire/promote to manage reps that are selling "serum" to help with their facial issues while they walk around with faces full of fillers and botox to the point you cant even tell what age they are! Until you see their neck and hands! If you're going to spend the kind of money you're spending on serums (LOL!) do yourself a favor and get botox and fillers like most of our own people do! Oh, and don't forget the bleach for your hair!!! Don't get me wrong, I'm a good performer, but I hate myself for selling this complete line of fake products to women who have a burning desire to look like someone they used to be. And the intellect needed to sell this line is next to zero.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with above. I'm very disappointed in myself for believing my Plastic Surgeon would be giving me a true product. After turning down any additional surgery, she pushed me to these products and they are truly no better than a dime store facial cream and exfolient. My fault. I didn't ask any questions.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've started running into problems with offices having too much inventory. I've done a ton of work to help them sell it through, but it's very slow in some big offices. Number one complaint is cost! I can already tell I'm not going to make goal for Q4 or for the year. Any ideas on this cost issue? SAM has been no help.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your products suck and are so over priced it's laughable. Anybody selling or buying your crap is a mental case and has the IQ of a grasshopper.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Try working harder and plan more to sell through the products. Be accountable and stop blaming RSM and SAM. You can do much better if you spend your time doing that rather than complaining.