Progressive Medical, Inc (STAY AWAY)

Discussion in 'Job-Seekers' started by Medicalsupplies112, Nov 5, 2014 at 10:43 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. WARNING: Progressive Medical Inc, Terrible company and terrible products.

This medical device company which sells disposable products based out of St. Louis is one to be warned about.

I worked for them for a year. In which time I boosted sales and got this company into a major hospital system (which had 5 hospitals in their system) that had actually kicked them out before I joined their team.

I worked hard for them but I left due to very bad pay and how this distributorship managed their affairs and their employees. Their comp plan was always changing and it was a lot like a pyramid scheme on how to reach you goals to get paid. Best interest of the company but a simple way of getting out of paying your reps. Myself and over 15 other reps left shortly after I did.

When I left I was asked to send back all material and products to the company. Which I happily did since I don't want that stuff in my house taking up room. I was told that I did not send back a binder with PMI product flyers in it. I understood that this binder was ours and I actually used it throughout the year to take notes on etc. So it was ruined at that point anyways. The main office lady there (An extremely combative woman who has shares in the small company) sent me an email saying that I sent everything back but I did not send a binder back to them and I was to be charged $100 dollars if I don't find it and send it to them.

Ok honey, first off, that binder you would not be able to salvage. Second off, it would not cost 100 doallars to replace that binder with the one page computer print offs in it. So my response was "I'm sorry, but I don't have that binder anymore but I don't think charging me 100 dollars for it is a good thing to do and bad business practice etc....." I must have upset her with this email since my old manager with this company called me and told me she was angry. I told him that I didn't care, that I have left the company and that I will not pay them 100 dollars for something so silly. End of story.

A month later I received my last paycheck. In it was a note from this pleasant office later at PMI showing that I had been docked $100 dollars but her reasoning was because they had payed for a sales meeting for me to attend but I quit months before I was to attend so I obviously would not be attending. That flight (which is a business expense on their end and just apart of doing business) cost around 250 dollars. She explained in her childish little note that 100 dollars was removed from my paycheck because I did not attend this meeting. OF COURSE IT WAS!!! Ok, so I moved on and let this obnoxious human being to her own devices.

*Speed up to 1 1/2 later*: Over a month ago I asked for my sales numbers from the "controller". He was in charge of all sales numbers apparently he still is. He never responded to my request for my old sales numbers. I sent him another email requesting those numbers again and he finally responded to me this morning. See email below.

Ryan,

Unfortunately You worked less than a year at PMI, in which time very few if any sales in the territory you covered were generated by you. Therefore I see no reason to provide sales information to you.

Best regards,

Controller
    Progressive Medical, Inc.
    997 Horan Drive
    Fenton, MO 63026
    F Phone: (314) 961-5786
     Fax: (314) 961-4535

So the controller does not want to do his job and look into this information or he is also bent out of shape from a long time ago when I was making a point of them ripping me off.
    I can not believe this company is in existence! They wonder why people are leaving them....well let me guess why!!!!

Regardsless, I'm calling all of my old accounts to get them removed from my hospitals I work in and sharing this email (with the controllers contact info) with anyone and everyone.

DO NOT TAKE A JOB WITH THIS COMPANY AND LET OTHERS KNOW OF THEIR BAD ANTICS AS WELL AS POORLY RUN MANAGEMENT. If you have any questions about them or need to know the cons of their products for selling purposes of your own products, Ill give you all of the dirt. Thank you!

2. Note: After writing the above blurb on PMI yesterday, I was called by the office and was spoken to in a very nice tone. The office was tying to make amends for the email the controller had sent me. Which I did appreciate but I realized half way through the phone call that there was little intention of getting me my sales numbers. Only that they were trying to calm the situation down.

I was told from the office lady on the phone yesterday, that it's hard to get those sales numbers for me. Really????? Why?? Two things: 1) your company is extremely unorganized and does not have their files in order which again is bad business or 2) They don't want to even try to get that info for me....and I don't know why they would not. Let's see if they do the right thing here in another few days and send me that info over. But I suspect they will try to act like nothing happened.

All in all...just another solid reason to not work for them or have their reps in your OR space. Good luck to everyone and good selling!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I worked for progressive medical for many years. All the bad press is true. Run, don't waste your time. The individuals who run this company are ruthless, just ask for any valid references, they won't have any, burned to many bridges treating customers like crap and their employees. Management is a joke, they hire people that are clowns.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I too worked for them and they are a terribly run organization, from the President all the way down to field management. All they can is about themselves and the money they can make. Don't buy into their rhetoric about "family" and how much they care about you. They could care less. They have had enormous turn over with their sales force and this is the reason why. They fool you and then once hired you shortly figure out how much of a sham they are. If you are thinking about working for Progressive Medical Inc you had better think twice. Unless you are hard up for a job then I would suggest you look elsewhere.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Wow, sounds like nothing has changed. They were horrible 10 years ago. Lie lie lie to representatives and suppliers. As a supplier, you are told they have sales representatives covering all major markets across the USA. It wasn't true, major markets didn't have any coverage because they don't pay a livable wage for reps to live in areas. Have you seen the website? RED LiGHT WARNING, they don't list anything because they sell similar lines that compete with each other and don't want the other vendors to find out. I had one of the reps. Tell me they are instructed to clean out all the other vendors materials when riding with or meeting with the manufactures. STAY AWAY.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I knocked them out of an account recently and I don't even work in that space anymore. I did it just to do it!! Ha. Never mess with the reps. You always lose in the long run.