Project Disconnect

Discussion in 'UCB Pharma' started by anonymous, Nov 23, 2016 at 9:18 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Brussels, November 23

UCB announces the introduction of Project Disconnect. In an attempt to enhance chaos, drive lower margins and introduce more bureaucracy, ExCom has announced Project Disconect. The head of UCB noted "after 2 years of the Patient Value Units, it is clear we have destroyed shareholder value and it is now time to evolve to the next level". While unclear what the next level is, UCB's senior leadership will be rolling out their new operating model on December 1. The new model encourages evenless accountability and will add 3 more layers of Managment. Personnel in Monheim will only have to work 4 days a week, while the clowns in Atlanta will continue at 3.5 days per week in the office. The Research organization led by King Ismail will continue to deliver non-differentiated compounds that will add to our dreadful pipeline. It is anticipated that these new steps will further lower productivity. The head of UCB went on to say "I wake up every morning and continue to be surprised that I am leading this company". Analysts have speculated that the controlling family is UCB as a tax write off and social experiment

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

yoy can't make this stuff up. We are living in a fantasy world.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have not worked for months!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amen! You are spot on. It is time to put this company out of its misery.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

then you have the smart ones who quickly leave. It is sad to see how the company is run. Poor leadership Is the real issue. At some point this place will implode

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

the list of goons is on target. What's also striking is the number of senior people who have come in and quickly left when they realize the internal nonsense and resistance to change. The Dev Med organization has seen some heavy turnover and now seems to be guided by big talkers with little ability to walk the walk. There have been some regrettable loses as these leaders were brought on to shape things up but realized the mother ship really didn't want to evolve

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

malone is interesting. He seems to fly under the radar screen. This clown signs all his emails dr michael Malone. The guy is a PhD and not an MD. PhDs put the title after their name and don't expect to be called dr. A nice way to try and convince people who are an MD. Talking to the guy and you quickly realize he is a total light weight. They created his current role for him since iris didn't have the heart to let him guy.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

When BV was hired to lead sales AND Marketing with a strong track record of success in neither---I knew the ship had sunk.

If I hear Todd E. say "you know what I'm saying" one more time........ All he does is pay the folks from McKinsey to camp out in Smyrna and steal his watch while telling him what time it is.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I love it here. 25-30 hour work weeks, spot awards for doing what I should be doing anyway, and no accountability. It's like being in the field without the travel. Just make sure to show up to meetings every now & then and come equipped with a couple of those fancy buzzwords. Your words will somehow translate into value for patients and you will be rewarded handsomely!

Seriously. Let's not blow this. I need those shares to keep growing and analysts are starting to sense we have no vision as a company. What I am saying is, fake harder.

10. i second that. UCB is a great gig. Little pressure, good pay and ability to work remote and have good work life balance. This sleepy little company needs to stay sleepy. As long as ExCom keeps debating and making small changes we can all hang out and relax.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Ha, they finally got rid of Fabrice, let's see who they'll bring to replace him.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Or how about Chad Deegan who was rapidly promoted from Brand Idiot to Director in Epilepsy.....nice move Jason Joseph.......what has Chad got on UCB???????

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Haha! Chad Deegan! Another Brand Idiot rapidly promoted to Director..............absolutely nice slam dunk by Jason Joseph. What has Chad got on UCB????? who knows, would be fun finding out

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

he doesn't have anything on ucb he is just one of the only people who actually may want to be on the brand team. they can't get or keep people in Atlanta to save their lives

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hohoho, Bharat is finished, now that JC Tellier will bring in a new head of Strategy, Bharat's days are limited.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bahrat can go, as long as he takes the rest of the r*****s in the marketing practice with him

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

What does Eddie Chan do exactly? Somebody please tell me!!!!!!

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

New Head of New Medicines: Message from Jean-Christophe Tellier

Fri 01-Sep-2017 Follow Corporate News news

Rollup Image

[​IMG]

Image Caption

Page Content

Dear colleagues,

I’m very thrilled to welcome Dhaval Patel to UCB where he will be taking on the role of Head of New Medicines, taking over from Ismail Kola. Dhaval will join us on October 1; he will be part of the Executive Committee and report to me.

There are several reasons why we’re very happy to be bringing Dhaval on board, not least because of his solid and impressive blend of academic and industry background. As a medical doctor who also has a PhD in Microbiology and Immunology - and has led various research institutes and programs within industry in the past years - Dhaval is a great match for our ‘connecting patients to science’ strategy. I’m confident he will be the right ‘connector’ in this space and that he will take our company’s research and drug development to new heights of innovation and bring new levels of value to patients.

Dhaval comes to UCB from Novartis, based in their headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, where for 10 years he led various biomedical research teams in areas of neurology, autoimmunity, transplantation and inflammation. In 2010, he became the Head of Research for the Novartis Institute for BioMedical Research (NIBR) Europe, overseeing more than 2,500 employees. He has led patient- and employee-centric initiatives with successful outcomes and developed the gold standard model for R&D interactions within Novartis. During his time there, his group delivered on average 2 positive proof of concepts per year, and 10 new molecular entities (NMEs) currently in clinical development.

For 12 years prior to crossing into industry, Dhaval made a strong mark in the halls of academia and research, specifically at Duke University Medical Center (his alma mater where he completed a Bachelors in Science, an MD and his PhD) and the University of North Carolina (UNC) at Chapel Hill in North Carolina in the US. He authored and co-authored a large number of thought-leading publications and presentations.

At Duke he held various professorial posts until eventually becoming Chief of the Allergy and Immunology division. At UNC he held professorships in the Department of Medicine, Microbiology & Immunology and Rheumatology. While there, he developed a new direction for the Thurston Arthritis Research Center, built an award-winning fellowship training program in Allergy and Clinical Immunology, transformed the loss-making outpatient clinic to a successful, patient-focused venture and was named Eminent Professor of Medicine.

His passion to bring the right treatments and solutions to the patients who need them, as well as the rich potential he sees in our science, were some of the key elements that attracted him to taking on the crucial role of Head of New Meds at UCB.

Special thanks to Iris Loew-Friedrich for managing the interim over these past weeks and a very warm welcome to Dhaval!

Kind regards,

Jean-Christophe Tellier.