Project Fuel

Discussion in 'Hospira' started by Anonymous, Sep 18, 2012 at 6:13 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok...so I am a relative newbie here. What the heck was this project fuel that everyone cites as one of the causes of the product shartages?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A good idea gone bad. It was a cost-cutting initiative meant to improve the company's margins by focusing on lean operations. In the process, they lost a lot of key people who could have maintained a higher level of quality and compliance. I'm guessing that whatever they saved through that initiative has been dwarfed by the loss in stock value, remediation costs, etc. I wasn't at the company when Fuel was implemented, but I understand from long-timers that it underlies a lot of the company's current woes.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not only loss of key people but also HUGE cost reductions at manufacturing plants.

Then the temporary run up in stock price, corporate directors used it as an opportunity to cash in their shares. Only to later see the devistating destruction their evil scheme has had on the company. Chairman of Board and CEO has since resigned under pressure, not without first getting a hero's send off by His cronies.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One more idiotic plan to nowhere.

A pile of bullshit that came out of one of the corporate circle-jerks to feed to Wall Street.
    At least we reduced our carbon footprint with the Prius.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hospira's grand scheme is getting some print. Their PR machine is quick to defend their evil ways.

http://www.telegram.com/article/20121018/NEWS/110189772/1116

Project Fuel was ALL about money in the pockets of the top brass. Time gone by has proven it. Sucked the life out of the facilities and the employees.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Looks like the ny times thought this article was interesting also....

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/18/business/drug-makers-stalled-in-a-cycle-of-quality-lapses-and-shortages.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was here when Project Fuel was implemented. We went from having a great job to becoming customer service representatives. The job completely changed.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Project F... Up Everything - Leave

It was a brilliant plan to turbocharge the bank accounts of Begley & Kearney. That's it. Not one scintilla of regard was given for the future of Hospira, it's employees, or the patients who use our products. Collateral damage was not their concern.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"long-timers" = SLACKERS

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Slackers? Hardly. Demoralized and depressed over how a once great great company has been driven into the ground for benefit of those at the very top while their own futures (to include anticipated pensions) unexpectedly disappeared, just as they were in range of reaching financial security for future retirement ? Yes. Angry that their extensive process knowledge and long learned understanding as to how to get things done and be successful in our industry are both discounted by buzzword laden outsiders hired in to direct a tragedy? Yes. Upset that promotional opportunities have been going to some of the least knowledgable hacks who in large measure were/are prior cronies of the recently hired high level outsiders, and while other long term good middle level managers were "fueled" out of our ranks? You bet.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was there during Project Fuel in Morgan Hill. Insecurity was the main by-product. There was an atmosphere of distrust and fear and tension. The infrastructure was being dismantled but people were still expected to meet their schedules despite this. Incredibly bad place to work. Glad I got another job before the bad publicity about the recalls and import ban finally caught up to Hospira.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Very interesting thread ......lots of anger and links ...looks very familiar.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The OP started this thread and THEN an hour later started to answer THEIR OWN POSTS
    hundred just like this on here....So Sad ...