Project Hercules = Big Job Cuts

Discussion in 'Covidien' started by Anonymous, Jul 3, 2012 at 9:12 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WOW!! You go and take one MBA course and you're suddenly Tim Geithner's little brother. Let me put this in terms you'll understand. Our markets are dictated by Innovation and adoption. We're looking at the horizon and seeing diminished positions in commodity markets we once dominated. The strategy is acquisition of market leading technologies that are very specialized, and trying like hell to reduce our reliance and exposure to the certain losses we're facing in our core businesses. It's simple you and BCG can suggest there's and answer, but Kodak didn't go south because it lacked a dominant position in the marketplace, it went south because technology surpassed it.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be one of the higher paid Reps at Covidien. Let me lay it out for you in terms you can understand. The medical world is about to become McDonalds dollar menu. Everybody will be able to afford and receive the healthcare they want. Hospitals and Doctors offices are about to become the DMV. Hospitals will be concerned with low cost as the marketing will almost no longer be necessary. Lowest price points will rule the day. Turn and burn operations. Speaking of McDonalds you might want to get your resume updated, sounds like you will be in search of work.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Regardless of which argument you want to go with, the fact of the matter is that changes are coming and you either are getting on board or leaving the company. Like it or not, Covidien is not the same company we used to work for and they have no intention of running it that way.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow I don't know what to say here. I guess that we all have the same concerns. I wish that we could see into the future but we can not. I would bet that out of all of the rumors some are true and already in place. So I wonder should we be looking for jobs or should we stay put? From my understanding other companies are going through the same thing so if we all jump ship will we be jumping into even deeper water?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've been here a long time and have seen lots of changes. At the end of the day, it's always worked out for the best so I'm staying put.
    i

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The successful ones will have no worries. The cities where there is way to many, better make sure you are beating plan. How many non revenue generating people are there in the company??? Just a thought.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is true, downsize will come from non performers.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well Said!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

1/3 of sales force to be eliminated. With yesterday's announcement there is no need to keep all this weight. All is targeted at the sales force. The main fous is on combining EMID and EBD. If you are an EMID rep with an overlap EBD rep in the area you are toast.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Every emid rep has a ebd rep in their territory, youre a damn idiot.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

R&D here. Rumors are at least 15% cut in staff for us. People are also jumping ship. Already seeing people cut in support positions (security, maintenance, etc).

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

should be 95% based on R&D's lame performance and PMO should be 100%

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Support positions getting cut? Sorry, I'm late to this party but I am in customer service and haven't heard anything. When will all this be decided?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It has already been decided. Customer service is going to be outsourced to Bangladesh.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Somebody has to pay for that ugly ass sign at fenway...might as well be you. It certainly will not be management. The cash spent on that could keep hundreds of people employed. What a waste. It's not like thousands of people going to a ballgame are going to run out and buy something from covidien. It's all so upper management can feel like bigshots.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey, that ballpark presence did wonders for Boston Scientific!

18. ????????

???????? Guest

Well said...bloated egos, especially within the Surgical Solutions division.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

test

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Liar.....no one wants to talk to idiots in Bangladesh that can't speak English.