Pros and cons of taking a position with Xanodyne

Discussion in 'Xanodyne' started by Anonymous, Sep 25, 2011 at 12:55 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Honest straight up answers please. I am aware of Zipsor and carrrying just it. Can I get some feedback from what you reps see as the 1-2 year future of the company, solvency, stability, security (I know that is a dicey question). Is it obvious that selling here is better than a contract gig where they care about placing you if things go bad? This opportunity may or may not be a good career choice. I would appreciate some insight. I am most concerned about lack of pipeline, or what drugs may be purchased. Is managed care a nightmare, etc.

Thanks

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Run, don't walk away from this company Xanodork Pharmacal...

It is a scammer outfit..,

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes indeed....run like hell!!! I was a manager here for several years and my team brought in excellent numbers and Scott and Dan fired the whole damn region one at a time. The
    good managers were laid off as well. Scott is the biggest SOB you'll ever meet and Dan
    is a wolf in sheeps clothing!! There's no loyalty with this bunch...cut-throat, impossible
    bunch of damn losers I've ever worked with. You can do a little due dilligence and you'll
    find that this is a sinking ship!!!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, I cant say what the 1-2 year future is for Xanodyne. But then again, I cant say what the 1-2 year plans are for any pharmaceutical company. I feel as safe here as I would at any other company. I believe that upper management wants to have jobs as much as we do; so, I think that they are doing all that they can to make this company stay afloat.

Zipsor is a hard sell, but it is a great drug. The ecomomy is poor, and we are not selling a $4 generic. Welcome to pharmaceutical sales. But, if you love a challange, are a great sales rep that likes to work, and dont mind learning everything there is to know about pain and pain products and applying that to your sales calls, the bonus plan here is great.

I cant speak for all districts, but I know several of the DMs and from what I can see, they are really good. The name of the game is making a profit. As long as your sells are doing well, I cant see where there would be any problems.

If you want to sit on your butt and bring in a pay check, personally I hope that you look else where. The better we sell, the more job security we all have.

If I have spelling errors or bad punctuation, please forgive. And no, I am not home office. I hope this helps. Good luck, no matter what direction you take. :)

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I somewhat agree and disagree with post above. I do NOT sit on my butt...I drive all around earths creation covering over 15 counties and get paid crap. Make sure they show you the volume of your territory compared to your nation and the district. They expect everyone to get the same numbers regardless of volume and different managed care coverage!! I am a great rep who used to also be in B2B so I know how to sell and have zero chance of succeeding at this company...it's quite depressing. The company has no future so if you wanna have anxiety at every moment every day..take the job...if not stay clear! And let's be honest the reps at the top arent there cause they're better than everyone else. They're there because their territories are just good and they have good managed care coverage...pharmaceutical sales is mostly about luck and getting a good territory.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok...Mr. Xanodyne damage control guy...we believe you...ya think??

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You lost ANY and ALL credibility when you state that you feel as safe here as you would at any other company. WTF are you smoking? NO pipeline, NO R&D, Company has NEVER operated in the black, and the only other real pharma product that Xanodyne has ever had - Darvocet- been mandated by the FDA to be removed from the market (hello lawsuits!).

You are either Scott, a troll, or an idiot

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have seen many of my friends in pharma downsized over the last couple of years. With fewer "new in class" drug coming out and ever increasing numbers of blockbuster drugs going off patent, I really dont think that there are that many SAFE pharma jobs out there... especially in BIG pharma where there are 5 people selling the same drug.

So, yes, I feel that I am as safe here as anywhere. I also try to do the best that I can at all times. If you have top numbers you will be able to find a job again if for any reason things dont go well. It is the lower and mediocre people that have difficulties.

I never said that YOU or anyone in this company sat on his or her butt, however your implication that I am idiot seems to be a little ridiculous. I have a large territory, I live in one of the worst states for managed care, and yet I make excellent bonus. Who is the idiot?

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

why would anybody feel safe here -- relative to other companies or otherwise? there is no pipeline, no r/d, and no capital to purchase another product. most of all, there is no profit. never has been, never will be. how do they keep the lights on? when the lights finally do go out, it will be because of backruptcy. that means no severance. but at least one idiot will feel safe..........................

ps - the only job having "xanodyne" on your resume will help you secure is cutting hair for sb

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am interested in learning more about this company. Can anyone help me?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great company. Good drugs. Lots going down the pipeline. Get your resume in.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is one of the greatest quotes of all times.