Provenge TV Advertising Campaign Starts Next Month

Discussion in 'Dendreon' started by Anonymous, Feb 25, 2013 at 3:36 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

XOFIGO will be a complete flop in the marketplace. It is an injectable radioactive drug like ZEVALIN. ZEVALIN is a CD20-directed radiotherapeutic antibody. The doctors hate radiation based drugs due to administation complexities of radioisotopes, handling concerns, disposal concerns. etc. Sprectrum Pharmaceuticals sells ZEVALO and its has been a complete flop.

Xofigo will be a sure flop in prostate cancer and Bayer will never make any money with it.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/FDA-approves-radiation-based-prostate-cancer-drug-4518633.php

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have also heard of several new accounts become provenge systems ready in recent weeks directly due to the TV commercial.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The provenge TV commercial has now been shown over 1,000 times nationally. From what I am seeing the ad is working well. I continue to receive favorable feedback from MDs and patients alike. I attribute the commercial directly leading to several of my community urology and oncology accounts prescribing provenge. In my opinion, the TV commercial is a well executed and smart marketing move.

You can track the ad count here:

http://www.ispot.tv/ad/7IC4/provenge-tools#modalAiringData

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The TV commercial airing count is now up to 1,357. The commercial has been shown over 350 times in the last week. Obviously the provenge commercial is working.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting marketing strategy - shotgun approach for a very targeted therapy. If the commercial was viewed say 1500 times, how many actual provenge clinical candidates do you think presented considering size of attentive patient pool with elevated PSA - and their freinds/families etc. My generous guess is 100 qualified clinical candidates might actually present. And if all 100 were treated with an advertising budget of $5,000,000 per quarter - it is costing ~$50,000 per patient for dtp advertising - profit margin??
    Sure there is some residual value in just getting the name out there but this is tough to measure given the plethora of Pca treatments in circulation and currently advertised.
    As for the anectdotal word of mouth evidence from doctors who claim seeing patients from advertising and that are on the Dendreon referral list > why would they want to discourage any company advertising that might provide them a prostate cancer patient through a select referral channel in this competitive Pca treatment market. Don't believe me - ask any high volume Pca treatment center how their tracking and/or check out Intuitives (ISRG) Pca robotic case volume which they will report later this week.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Our TV commercial run rate has really accelerated over the past week. The total national airings is up to 1,515 as of this moment. That is nearly 300 airings over the last 5 days. CNN is a popular network. The campaign is proving to be a success.

About 85% of Dendreon's cost of goods sold is fixed cost. 15% is variable. So every patient we get due to the TV commercial provides roughly $80,000 in additional gross profit which flows directly to the bottom line. So if your $50,000 ad cost per patient number is correct (I think it is high) they are adding $30,000 to the bottom line for each patient won over.

There is only one immunotherapy being offered to patients and that is provenge. We in reality have two competitors Zytiga and Xtandi and the evidence is mounting that the two are cross resistant (both new and improved hormone therapies). If I had advanced prostate cancer I would be demanding provenge followed by either Zytiga or Xtandi. I think most men knowledgeable of the topic would do the same. 1 +1 = 2 or maybe 3

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I spoke to Ari Maizel today and he told me the TV advertising campaign is becoming a huge success. The total national airings is up to 4,300 as of this moment. It is leading to many patients signing up for provenge.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's fine , but its too late now!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OK enough with the tease routine. What is imminent ?

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I heard the same.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What would you expect him to tell you?

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So what does it matter now?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a perfect example playing the violin while the ship is sinking. Ofcourse he will say the ad campaign is a success; to him more ads is the definition of success. But what does national airing have to do with this business growing?

I said it before, this aint like sellin Doritos!

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The TV ads are directly leading to significantly more patients signing up for Provenge. All the ludicrous and childish babbling is not changing that simple fact.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

lets see 4 million a quarter for TV ads. lets say every 10 TV ad drives 1 pts that would mean an additional 450 pts per quarter... that would be 41 million in revenue a quarter. not a chance in hell. sales have not grown significantly. We might have seen an additional 20 pts due to campaign.

the TV campaign is a failure... where is the lift.. sales have been significantly down since the airing.

love Ari but have to call bullshit

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sales were up 10% in Q2 and will be up much more than that in Q3. Ads are helping to drive the real nice growth.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Up 10% off the worst quarter ever! Your an idiot. Sales will be up slightly but the ship is taking on water at an alarming rate. The captain has bailed in seeking a buyer! Why not try keeping some sort of integrity.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Large Urology group provenge reimbursements is the only thing driving sales, strip this out and advertising "returns" would be exposed for the low ROI that they are. Dendreon knows that data mining large urology groups pca patients results in much higher provenge returns.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are kidding right? BI you spread lies and hate against Dendreon and Dendreon employees everyday here and I am sure elsewhere.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How's that working out?