Psych Partner Layoffs

Discussion in 'Lundbeck' started by anonymous, Apr 3, 2017 at 8:30 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Within the last 3 months both of our partner alliances , who hold the majority ownership of Trintellix and Rexulti , have realigned and downsized their territory footprints. How long before Lundbeck suffers the same fate?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2 reps for half a state, how much more could we downsize? Takeda had far too large of a sales force for today's environment. I think psych is safe, now neuro is a different story.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just look at our "pipeline", LOE, and sales, then answer the question yourself.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

2 field forces for 2 psych products- beta and gamma. The question isn't IF, it's WHEN?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Otsuka has two blue to sell Rex and Maintena and two Red to sell Maintena and Rex. Four for two drugs.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

3 psych forces to be accurate to sell 3 psych drugs. 3 Lundbeck divisions to sell Trintellix, plus Takeda reps out the ass, A joke in itself, then hospital reps,2 blue team reps, red rep and assure rep and Alpha rep to sell Maintena, then a gamma,beta, two blue and red and hospital and Assure for Rexalti, how crazy is that? Is Lundbeck psych overstaffed? Did we ever need Gamma? No,
    Is the Foundation going to sell the pharma division to Takeda? The Japanese would then own all of Trintellix, part of Maintena and part of Rexalti, then the Two Japanese Pharma giants can merge and dominate the psych market. Speculation but possible. Lundbeck is a contract force with no pipeline and old drugs, the Foundation may take the money and run. Who knows they may cut a deal for some of the profit and let the Japanese do the selling and divest everything! It's a crazy world and Pharma is not a sandbox to pretend to be a drug company.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've been thinking the same thing for awhile. There is one new drug in the entire pipeline, and it's a clozapine "me too." There are a few options for expanding indication of Brex and Trin as well, though I'd be shocked if it makes up for loss of Xenazine, Sabril, and Onfi.

I think Kare might have been brought in to manage the company into the ground if Trintellix didn't improve and Idalopirdine failed. Well guess what...

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think there are rumblings on Takeda thread. I'm sure our corporate partner would buy us and then fire us as they have formed there on psych division. Leadership, as in all buyouts would get paid out well, but do you think the field would do as well? Takeda hammered 28% of there sales force with a couple of conference calls and a FedEx letter. The Japanese like catching there employees off guard, Remember Pearl Harbor. Hopefully that won't happen to us, but who knows in this crazy industry.