Purdue Grave Yard

Discussion in 'Purdue' started by former55705, May 13, 2007 at 11:30 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. #1 former55705, May 13, 2007 at 11:30 AM
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2007 at 12:15 PM
    former55705

former55705 Guest

I retired in 1998. Guess who I am?

Grave Yard

Arthropan
    Prioderm
    Defend Gum
    C-60 Gum
    DHC Plus
    Phyllocontin
    Alferon-N
    Fibermed!
    Betadine Helafoam
    X-Prep (I sold tons of this)
    Cardioquin
    Cerumenex

Help me out here

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

mikey

3. former55705

former55705 Guest

No.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Don't forget Uniphyl.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yeah, I ran into a doctor that I formerly called on. He said that no one used theophylline any more.

What happened to it?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Norzine
    T-Phyl
    Aquaphor

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Norzine, how could I ever forget that. We used to have to load up our pharmacies with uselss, me2 crap like this.

Norzine ampules, now there was a Weiner.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Prioderm was one of my favorites, Malathion in an alcohol base to kill head lice. When I called on the Children's Hospital which was also the Poison Control Center, the Head PharD almost strangled me.

I think that the first kid who was prescribed it head caught fire and that was the end of Prioderm. R.I.P. with the Vitamin C Gum, Sweet Prince.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Never heard of it. Post 1998, I suppose.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You forget one of the all time Purdue products -
    SOOTHE and CLEANS better known as Caboos Moose!
    May the Schwrtz be with ya!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

now thats someone from the Eastern Region

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Soothe and Clean! How could I have ever forgotten that blockbuster? I sold that by the rail car loads, just like Betadine Microbicidal Bath Concentrate and the Betadine Microbicidal Applicator.

More, More!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Purdue Stop Already with the Lies

Is there anyone out there that feels frustrated, angry, hurt and just plain lied to by Purdue? I was reading the article that appeared in the New York Times, Friday, May 11, 2007 issue. It states that Federal Officials found internal documents that showed that even before Oxycontin was launched the officals knew that they would face resistance from doctors concerning the abuse potential of Oxycontin. Knowing this they started a fraudulent and deceptive marketing campaign aimed at convincing doctors that Oxycontin was less prone to abuse due to it's time released formula. In the plea agreement the company ACKNOWLEDGED DOING SO!!!

I started with this company well after 2001 and was always led to believe that Purdue always does the right thing for the physician and the patients. Well this statement of admitted gulit clearly shows that it ain't so. What makes it worse is how the company along with the DM's and the RM's are trying to make light of the situation by saying that there were a few misstatements made by a few individual representatives regarding Oxycontin and that why we have to pay $600 million dollars. At least the upper mgm should act with integrity and admit to the employees of this company that they knowing lied and deceived the reps along with the physicians regarding the abuse potential of Oxycontin. Instead all I have heard so far is how they did nothing wrong; how we should walk into these offices in a confident manner holding our heads up. I don't know about anyone else> I'm ashamed at what Purdue has done. I really don't know how the powers that be can lay their heads down at night and go to sleep. This act by Purdue goes way beyond the pale of a just a few misstatements made by reps. How dare Purdue pull somthing like this and then put the blame on the reps for detailing something they were taught and told to communicate to the physicians by the training department after all is was in the PI.
    So now what will Purdue do now? put all the reps through hell with compliance training and micromanagement over something that they created. I think that every rep in this company should walk out next week and show these liars that they can't pull this shit and get away with it. As for myself I am really going to have to make some tough decision> to remain with Purdue and forgive or to take another road. If anyone out there has any words of wisdom to add please do so. Thanks for reading this post and good luck to all the reps who will remain with the company and good luck to those who choose to move on as a result of these lies. Happy Mothers Day to all the beautiful Mom's out there >Motherhood a selfless act of love.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trilisate-This drug was perhaps the greatest blown opportunity in PF's now miserable history. It could have been a huge blockbuster like the other NSAIDs that came out in the late 1970's, but Richard & Purdue botched it. Because of fear of side effects, the P.I. recommended dosage was as follows for the 500 mg. tablet

Osteoarthritis- 1-2 tablets q12
    Rheumatoid = 2-3 tablest q12h

Our drug, like all NSAIDS was tried by a huge number of physicans, but it just did not work as well as the Naprosyns, Nalfons and Tolectins that it was competing against. Only the Rheumatologists know how to correctly dose the drug at 3000 mg. per day to get results for osteoarthritis. They were the only group of doctors that consistently used the product while PF missed out on hundreds of millions, if not billions of dollars of sales from GPs & IMs, who wrote the bulk of the scripts.

By the time the mistake was corrected and higher strength tablets were intorduced, it was too late, the window of opportunity had passed.

Don't get me started about M.S. Contin, in spite of its success, it could have done much better.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Physicans Office Pack- Quickest death of a promoted product ever. I don't think that even one was ever sold. Betadine solution, scrub and swabs crammed into a cardboard box at an outrageous price. We were giving out copious samples of all the above FREE, so it does not take a genius to figure out what happened with this one.

CVC Dressing change kit- Actually a salable product that I sold to two major hospitals in my territory. There was no company follow-up and it was abandoned to promote Prioderm or something equally silly.

The Betadine Helafoam was from the pre Trilisate era and was another example of great potential lost. This was for burn patients, but the foam evaporated soon after application....DUH! This product was highly anticipated by the medical community with great expectations to be an improvement over the 1lb and 5 lb. jars of Betadine ointment that were used before Silvadine (Silver Sulfadiazine) took the market away from PF. The ointment suffered consistency problems and would liquify and run off of the burn patients (yet another PF failure). The problem with the Helafoam was never addressed and the product was abandoned after the medical community tried it, found it unusable, and went back to Silvadine. I had sold massive amounts to large hospitals with burn units. It had to be eaten.

The debacles with PF are nothing new. It has always been that way.

-An Old Timer

These were from the Early 80s.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Purdue Stop Already with the Lies

I'd get out if I were you. It's not going to be pretty with all the training that will be shoved down your throat. The part that drives you crazy is that you MUST take the tests, etc, even though you had nothing to do with the development of the message.
    Good luck to you; there are better and more reputable companies out there.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did PF ever sell Aquaphor? I thought that we just gave it away at Cancer Clinics?

I've been gone since before 2000, but what happened to PF and the Oncologists? Were they just abandonded?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How 'bout SlowMag, Senekot Wheat, Colace, and the old Pericolace. Give free samples to ObGyn's and then talk about post C-section pain management. You know, "an extended period of time."

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Or, "Soothe and Scream"

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ObGyns....I'm surprised anyone got back into their offices after Alfernon-N. That product was the toughest sell ever. The reception was downright hostile in most cases. I was made to feel like a total LOSER by Windell for not being able to sell that product, but as it ended up. no one sold it very well, just a few lucky reps who had doctors use the product OFF LABEL, not for condyloma. The promotion of that dog was a huge failure.