Qsymia Prescription

Discussion in 'Vivus Pharmaceuticals' started by Anonymous, Mar 8, 2013 at 5:42 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I learned about this drug on the Internet. I went to the doctor asked for it. He gave me a prescription and I took it to the pharmacy and they said they can't get it. What gives?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi there. Sorry that you didn't hear that Qsymia is mail order only, per FDA requirement. Go to the Qsymia website and print out the Universal fax form, and have your doctors office fax your prescriptions to pharmacy listed on form. Qsymia will ship to your home, just make sure to call the pharmacy to give payment info. We have a couple promotions going on right now too, so you can read about those on the website. Good luck with your weight loss! Please keep us posted!!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cost of Qsymia/Belviq is not an issue when it comes to Plastic surgery or Lasik eye surgery so could obesity fall on this side of health improvements ? The case with Qsimya is different as it will be to trade off the living obese to living with a bundle of diseases resulting from potential heart valve dysfunction. Well, heart valve dysfunction can cause Pulmonary edema (Abnormal lung fluid) and long living of Asthma strokes. Who would trade his obesity with Asthma strokes and live the rest of his/her life on inhalers? I wouldn't go for Qsymia even if sold for $10. Safety is my first concern after going through an Asthma stroke two weeks ago. I thought I was going to die.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So let me see if I understand the eisai loving qsymia bashing short seller wo posted above...(or is it mr. coats / oe maybe ob himself) ........ So what you are suggesting is that joe public should just ignore the clinical data that proves you wrong, that supports the safety of qsymia, and that documents the evidence based meicine backing the efficacy of qssymia. Right?

Oh, no. I know. You two woul suggest paying twice as much for a drug woth half the efficacy, proven not to work in diabetic patients who need it most, and works almost identically to phen phen......

Get your facts straight anf get a life.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well if you are worried about potential heart valve dysfunction then you must be talking about Belviq and not Qsymia. Check the PI and see for yourself and you will see that Belviq has the risk for valvulopathy bc of it's MOA and not Qsymia so try again loser. Quit inhaling crack and you'll quit thinking you are about to die.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why was Qsymia rejected twice by European Medicines Agency? Isn't it good enough if aproved by FDA?

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are several medicines approved by one and rejected by the other, anyway, here is the answer to your question.

www.ema.europa.eu/docs/
    en_GB/document_library/
    Summary_of_opinion_-_Initial_authorisation/human/002350/WC500139215.pdf

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What the h*ll is the nonsensical gimberish you are typing? Off your anti psych meds? None of what you were jabbering on about has anything to do with Qsymia, which had no serious safety issues develop with any of the patients in their trials

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No safety issues.... Are you kidding yourself? Then why did my Dr. Tell me I had to have a pregnancy test every month in his office and I can only get it through certified mail order pharmacies. I read the package insert and it has 18 warnings. I will not be filling this RX. Too high risk. Will continue to diet and exercise and wait for the other new drug my Dr. Mentioned.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Qsymia will be available in retail pharmacies this Summer, probably by mid-July. While monthy negative pregnancy tests are required, they may be taken at home, there is no need for them to be taken in the physician's office. The need for monthly negative pregnancy tests exists due to one of the components, Topiramate having a very weak association with cleft lips in infants. The FDA is being prudent and mandating monthly pregnancy tests for women of child bearing years. Really not a big deal. There are 9 Million women taking Topamax (Topiramate) every year for migraines and the FDA does not mandate pregnancy tests for them. So don't worry...Women should not be trying to lose weight and get pregnant at the same time anyway. FYI, the new medication coming out soon Belviq will be Category X too. Neither Qsymia or Belviq is perfect. Both are well tolerated in most patients, but both have risks. You and your doctor need to decide, "Do the benefits outweigh the risks?" GOOD LUCK, keep up the diet and excercise!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is no patient. It's a Belviq clown. My old partner will be selling it and she is not excited about the product. Not very effective and many more risks and much higher cost. She has been in industry a long time and still can't figure out how they will ethically spin the data.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks Eisai Marketing for sharing your strategy.. Attack on Qsymia's safety,, huh?,, I got it.. Thanks for the tips.. I got you!!! winky winky

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just got a script from my doctor. Is it true that Walgreens are the only retail pharmacies you can get the product? My doctor told me it only was mail order pharmacy but when I went online to print my voucher I put in my zip and it stated that Walgreens in my area has the product

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Walgreens, Duane Reed and Costco for now. More to come.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Took my script to the Walgreens today said the product is on back order and won't be able to get it until next week

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Got mine last nite. Walgreens had stocked. $35

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Good for you fatty

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"fatty"?

What do you call people with diabetes or high blood pressure? You do know the AMA just acknowledged obesity as a "disease" don't you, and that 2/3 of our nation is either overweight or obese?

I would not call the person that got their Rx filled "fatty", but I might call you "IGNORANT".

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ouch, that really hurts. Love it when people eat themselves into oblivion and then claim 'disease'! Cant help it, it's a disease! I'm guessing you are approaching 3 bills at this point, easy on the 4th of July fare there

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My doctor sent me to what he said was an "approved pharmacy" here in the bay area to get my prescription. However, the walgreen pharmacist told me that qsymia had to be special ordered from my doctor and delivered to my home. Who is right? My doctor or walgreens? Please help. I want my prescription.