Qualified vs. man off the street.

Discussion in 'Abbott Nutrition' started by anonymous, Sep 4, 2018 at 10:34 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amazing...this bumplin applied for a nutrition job. Nutrition credentials and ooodles of experience on the 'ol resume....and nothing.

What are the golden keys to Abbott nutrition employment?

Signed,
    Puzzled ..

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

On the Pediatric Nutrition side I can tell you they base everything on if you are political correct and can role play. The managers will replay you to death on the East Coast. Training is reading a script - if your an actor its good - but if you think for yourself its bad. Sales Training in Columbus is the most kiss ass thing I have ever experienced - you fight for reward bucks in class - every sales trainer will tell you something different. The want robots - they still have the pharma model from the 1980s going. They expect 100% compliance on contracts - want nothing less than a 95% share in the hospital with intense competition. They role plays are beyond crazy - they expect you to still run your territory during training but give you 2-3 days of training and role plays. If you do not get 100 on every test - the management will try to side line you. They make you feel worthless unless you kiss and play along. I am a type of person - when I go to training I am listening and paying attention to more senior people to get their knowledge but in the classes its about winning at stupid games the entire team. I felt like I was on Seasame Street kind of bullshit. I know management will expect contracts within months even without having completed training. I know one person who was put on a plan a week after they completed training. If in VA run - the turnover has been awful. The reps are the best. I think the national sales trainers sell their souls. Watch out for them - they will stab you in the back - the head of training Jala is a nasty piece of work. Great benefits but the market is shrinking and they treat you like shit. The only company where my manager expects us to go by the book 100% - we have strategy calls several times a week just to berate us - the regional managers and up are snakes. They will fuck you. Also they seem to hate educated white males - especially from the South. They have a very progressive liberalism to their sales format - they run it like a bunch of Nazis.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

OMG you have got to be kidding. I worked there 5 years ago and they are still using those stupid reward bucks?