Quality of Life

Discussion in 'SkinMedica' started by Anonymous, Sep 17, 2011 at 12:55 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i have no QOL - it sucks!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We have real issues on this front. Carlsbad!! Please get some emergency training to the RSM's and SAM's! They are driving us crazy and it has become a huge demotivator. I feel like no matter what I do, it's never enough for my RSM. I make my numbers consistently!! I'm not alone. It's so bad out here with these managers! Somebody give Mary or Ted a copy of the vacation report. NOBODY takes vacation! I've been here almost two years and my old manager took 3 days in a year and a half and now my new manager has not taken one single day of vacation. Is that what you want? If not, then make people take vacation or lose it. Why? Becasue since our managers don't take vacation, how do you think it goes over when a sales rep asks for a few days or even one day off? NOT GOOD. It's not fair and it's not legal to intimidate people into not taking the vacation days they have earned.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said!! It's a work work work work work work and then work some more culture. And for what? A few bucks for us and a million dollar payday for the owners.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spring Break will be here soon! Time for an extended vacation!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You will NOT take any vacation days! Are you in sane? This is skinmedica. That = no vacation days! I'm pretty sure they train the RSM 's to deny vacation requests or to at least sit on them for weeks. We're better off to just call in sick instead of vacation! Sick company full of pathetic losers with no life and no interests outside of work.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Call in sick? You guys are outside sales reps so why would you have to tell anyone anything. Do you have doctors sign a tablet like pharma? Are there daily call reports? Weekly/ Monthly reports? How would your manager know where you are? The beauty of outside sales is that you design your own schedule/ call points that are most effective, the downside is that you do get emails past 6 or 8. I have been a rep in medical sales for 4 years and I send and receive emails late at night, everyone does in sales. You get an idea or have some clinical questions you shoot an email to a fellow rep of manager whatever time of day. I do not expect a reply back at 9, 10, or 11 at night but I usually get one because that is when most reps are planning their day and on their computer. I try to get home around 4-6, hang out with my wife and kids, eat dinner, put my kids to bed, talk with my wife about the daily events, on my computer doing emails/follow ups for work from 8-10 sometimes 9-11 (I stay up late anyway) then wake up at 6:30. Everyone I know who is in sales says the same thing, it's sales. If you want to get off work work at 5 and do nothing work related until 8 am you need to work in a factory or something. I'm not a manager either.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Understood but that is not what they are talking about. They are talking about nonsense e-mails that are abundant. If you don't read them all you might miss one that your manager expects you to answer immediately. You probably work for a professional organization. Skinmedica is not.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have no idea what it's like at this joke of a company! It never ends! I'm shunned if I want to take a day off much less a week! The pressure only builds. It is never released. The worst part of the whole thing is what we sell. We aren't selling medications or devices that actually help people get better or even cured. We sell glorified cosmetics for outrageous prices to people that then double the price and sell to sorry pathetic women thinking youth is in a bottle! It's sad. I can do it really well because I know the market is endless and the doctors and staffers are only too ready to rip off unsuspecting clients because they "trust" the physician. I feel like a slime ball every time I place a big order for a key account. I have learned to just laugh, shake my head, and collect the bonus. I'm not proud of it though and that's the part that sucks.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To be fair. When TNS was fairly new it did work compared to what was available in the market. The products were good products. The market has changed and TNS is probably not the most effective product available today. There is a lot more competition now.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ok. I got a call from a recruiter for a job in PA.
    I travel a lot for my job now and am looking to stay local. What is the manager like in PA?
    Who is Skinmedica's competition?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Possible Ideas: Find a more exciting job helping people with something real. Find a good church with an awesome young adult/adult program. Life is good and surprisingly, you will find that you are a rock star compared to some folks. Hang in there.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Stay local? With SkinMedica? Not going to happen. To do this job the way they want it done you will NEVER be home. Territories are large and the work hours are from 6AM - 12 midnight 5 days a week plus work has to be done on weekends because there's no time during the week. If your manager is like mine, you will feel like there is no way to keep up. Don't do it if your reason is to to spend more time at home. That ain't gonna happen pal.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Appreciate what you have now... so many people have it way worse. And then go about bringing happiness into your life.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Obviously their are people that have it much worse. That doesn't mean that problems shouldn't be addressed. Go to your "happy place" and stop writing stuff that has nothing to do with the thread.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hey MA team, it's been one month and we are sick of hearing about how great you are! Don't be stupid! Look at the historic results. We all have/had times of really good growth resulting in a good month or quarter. Just think about how hard it has been to get the numbers you have now. How much time have you spent working? As hard as you have worked, because you have a pretty new manager that doesn't understand the game very well, you will have to do 30%-40% more next year! Just like all of us had to do at one point. You won't be able to deliver on those numbers as a region and the party is over for about a year to a year and a half So enjoy this year! You will never have another one like it unless we get a bunch of new products which is not going to happen. Have some humility and stop acting like a bunch of 2 year olds! It's a predictable cycle and you will be on the down side of it real soon too.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hahahahaha Shit will hit the fan in that region sooner than later! It did in others but nobody really cares. The bosses know its one good year then a bad one. Turnover will be no fewer than 3 reps this year and I think they are down one already. Enjoy your money while you can! Congratulations too! You guys are just "Rock Stars"! What a joke! Grow up!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you making your quota??? Enough said.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I am making my quota, thank you. I make my quota while still acting like an adult and a professional. I don't have to brag and my RSM doesn't have rediculous nick names for our team members. We just get it done and respect one another.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Indeed salesperson, Indeed!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know what that last post is about but I've heard about the dumb nicknames in the MA too. Even the new SAM was given one in his first week. I guess some simple minded people would think thats cute and fun but many think its immature and unprofessional and don't appreciate it. I live west of the Mississippi and have heard the gossip. They are doing well so maybe we have identified the simple minds and how to motivate them!