Quest Diagnostics Named to FORTUNE Magazine's America's Most Admired Companies List

Discussion in 'Quest Diagnostics' started by Anonymous, Mar 6, 2008 at 10:37 AM.

Tags: Add Tags

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amazing what a little money under the table will do, huh. I'm sure it will me an influx of hot new reps from the pharma and device fields.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Beware... as soon as Quest releases a press release that makes the company look favorable, it usually means a negative event is soon to be released. This has been a pattern for years. Watch for the bad news... maybe a settlement fine for the NID.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Quest Diagnostics Named to FORTUNE Magazine's America's Most Admired Companies Li

Gee, I guess they never spoke to any employee. While the testing may be good, the company is horrible! We are treated horrible and the management team SUCKS

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

No dumb ass. It's a great company to churn shares of stock. Are you an executive, director or security analyst? Quest has never been close to being one of Forbe's Top 100 companies to WORK FOR. See below, or go to forbes.com.

"FORTUNE's list of America's Most Admired Companies is based on surveys of more than 3,700 executives, directors and securities analysts of companies they admire most in their industry based on eight criteria including Innovation; Quality of Management; Social Responsibility; Use of Corporate Assets; Long Term Investment; People Management; Financial Soundness; and Quality of Products and Services."

OP: How are our your stock options? F'ing Purple Kool-Aid drinking moron.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We are treated like crap

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FUNNY CONSIDERING I WAS JUST TOLD BY A RECRUITER THAT COMPANIES FROWN ON SEEING QUEST ON A RESUME!!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If Quest is so great, why is the pension plan only for top execs?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's amazing how stocks can soar when a commission plan is set up to ensure that reps cannot make more than their base salary. For obvious reasons, QD will never be voted one of the best companies to work for. One of Americas most ethical companies? Don't think so. Put patients last is our vision, right before our sales reps. Sure the test is better, and can save lives; but the alternative is more profitable for our company...so sell that. One of the best training organizations? Not quite. They should f*&kin hang that redneck Deb from the highest tree in the south...right next to the traitor president that she loves so much. F*&k her, f*&k the company, and f*&k the sand ****** CEO...I can't wait to leave this hell hole.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Quest Diagnostics Named to FORTUNE Magazine's America's Most Admired Companies Li

Quest Diagnostics is one of the all time worst companies I have worked for. The management style seems to be based on fear and intimidation, rater that respect and encouragement. The pay is low for the field. The company does not care about the employees. Your low pay job is constantly held over your head to ensure that you stay submissive. Just thinking about working there makes me want to cry. I am glad I moved on to a job where I am at least seen as a human being.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My biggest fear/nightmare is that all companies are like this one......and that is not a plus....

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Quest is a horrible company to work for. They treat employees like crap, pay sucks and they expect us to work 24/7 instead of hiring enough people to do the jobs properly. They want robots, not human beings, to work for the company. Program us to do their will. They bought out the company I work for which used to be a great company and since it's officially "Quest" things have changed dramatically, and not for the better. I've never heard so many people complain or see so many good employees quit since Quest took over. It's truly depressing working for this company. They've already sent one major business unit to India, I wonder how many more jobs will go to India? Is it a coincidence the CEO is Indian? This company should be fined big time like other US employers who've caused US workers to lose their jobs. Shame on Quest.

12. Re: Quest Diagnostics Named to FORTUNE Magazine's America's Most Admired Companies Li

Quest Diagnostics asking employee's how they feel? Yea right. You bow down to the management or your written up daily for nothing at all. Do your job as everyone else, but be an older person with years of experience and the suoervisior a nut case. Your in a bad situration for sure. Quest is getting caught on all sorts of underhanded deals and lie's as well as con's. Nottomention the worst service ever offered. If at all possible seek out another honest lab for your services. Quest makes more mistakes and even sends out false results by mistake of course. Yea, right. Supervisior will say put it in the computer, I seen that result, and just misplaced it. It was clear. Yea, right,no backups of proof what so ever. After a period of time,noproof either, without another test then results may or may not come out the same. Customer gets the charge, Quest gets the money. There all happy. All because of the bad supervisior covering her fat ass. Pee on employee, refuses, then there written up for?? you name it,as truth here matters not as long as the bottom line is cash!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Fortune Mag focuses on companies from a Wall St. point of view. They rank Quest high because the market is stable or growing, Quest faces limited competition in a market that is difficult to enter and has puts a ton of money into marketing the "Q". You have to note that LabCorp is ranked right behind Quest in the 2009 ranking. Really, they are the only two publicly traded labs large enough even be considered by Fortune.

Don't get too excited. Everyone working at Quest knows it's a crappy place to work.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What about that big law suit in California against the labs that just came out last week, is that true and did those things occur?

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This years ranking definitely came out before the Qui Tam lawsuit in California was announced. It is a $1 Billion lawsuit in which Quest and its affiliates will be responsible for 50% of that amount.

There will be a huge fine in this case. Quest, Specialty and the other labs now owned by Quest definitely are guilty as charged. They will try to justify it that Medi-Cal set its own fee schedule and reimbursed at that level. I don't think the "hey, you paid us what you wanted" argument will hold up. The law in California clearly states that you cannot bill Medi-Cal at a higher rate than you charge an individual provider or managed care organization.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why don't we hear much about these things? Everything seems to be fine and going well. There is a quick mention and then it falls off the radar...that is why it seems to not be true. Noone seems worried. What is your take on that? Love to read the replies...

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

California is in a severe economic crisis ... most likely the worst of any state in America. High healthcare cost is an easy target to galvanize the masses right now. That makes the lab industry an easy target. Quest got caught with our pants down on this one and it's is going to cost.

It may not be mentioned inside the organization a lot but it is happening. Industry journals and legal experts are predicting that there will be huge fines. Quest will bear the brunt of that because of their marketshare position in the state.

This is going through the legal process so it will be slow. There will likely be a settlement at the end with no admission of wrongdoing on the part of the defendants. There will be a huge amount of money changing hands in the end and Quest will be on the giving end. Hold on to your hats because the storm is coming.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The stock seems to be good and has been since this finding...they seem to be in good standing, even with this issue taking place. Maybe they are so big that this is small and dealable without to much interference...in the day to day.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anyone heard any updates on the Medi-Cal issue? I haven't read or heard or seen anything about it...life goes on as always... Did they already settle it? Someone give us the scoop on what is taking place with this, if anything.