Quest Diagnostics Named to FORTUNE Magazine's America's Most Admired Companies List

Discussion in 'Quest Diagnostics' started by Anonymous, Mar 6, 2008 at 10:37 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Quest Diagnostics Named to FORTUNE Magazine's America's Most Admired Companies Li

QUEST IS GOING DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Re: Quest Diagnostics Named to FORTUNE Magazine's America's Most Admired Companies Li

Where can you read about this California issue? I can't find anything? Did it just start or is it almost over? Will it cause Q any reductions is staff or mergers or anything like that or is it not that big of a deal?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If the 302 Million Quest is paying out for the NID PTH, was reserved. How much of the Med Cal was reserved? Especially since it is just happening NOW

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I worked for Quest Diabolical for 11 years. it has been my experience if you do not kill yourself on a daily basis and give the company 150%, then you are not working hard enough. The company rules by fear and intimidation. How can this possibly be a good company to work for? The management team only became worse after the purchase of SK/Bioscience. The training for middle management is sorely lacking, as well {two attempts made as a supervisor, both disastrous}. I miss my friends, but do not miss the B.S. and the politics!!! Both client and employee beware!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is a very hard company to work for. They set you up to fail by overwhelming you with so much work that they know you cannot complete. I know things are hard in the economy and jobs are almost impossible to find but I recommend you make this company your very last choice. There are probably alot of companies out there that are hard/cruel/ on their employees, I don't doubt that at all, but this is another one of those so just a heads up....they would like to drain you of life and will leave you dead on the side of the road without a 2nd glace or concern for your welfare....Corporate America is I guess what it is. So very sad. Just information you may be interested in knowing. I don't know who votes for these accalaides but it cannot be employees unless they are threatened so it could be management because they could get a bonus to write something good...keep looking...

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I was at Bio-Science in the late 70's-God am I old! The Sk/Bio-Science merger worked well for a period of time. I was a manager that survived the merger. It became SKBCL and went down the tubes over a period of time. You must never forget who pays your salary-CUSTOMERS. Since then I have worked at a couple of startups, we went public and I made a small fortune. It helps to know your competitors strengths and weaknesses. I must admit I miss selling the best laboratory testing available-BioScience , and I dreaded becoming a me too company like SKBCL, Quest( Corning), NHL, LabCrap, etc. I am now a Senior VP for a diagnostic company but I miss the early days at Bio-Science. I also hated the American Hospital Supply purchase of Bio-Science. Those jerks are now destroying Beckman Coulter. Have a great life, I definitely am!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Q is a very difficult company to work for.....150% is what they expect but they really want you to fail....it is very stressful and overwhelming.....LC is probably the same way. In this economy, they know they can treat you poorly and you can't do anything until they kick you to the curb....and that is what they want to do....it is so sad and my heart goes out to those who have to deal with this type of pressure....life is hard enough and getting harder.....

8. lewis1946

lewis1946 Guest

Warning! If wanting to make a career out of Quest Diagnostics...DON'T your going to waste your life as well as your time as this company is not people or employee concerned. After over twenty-two years as well as watching those with over twenty years before me getting thrown out. I never ever expected it to happen to me. But, this company is bottom line intereste only! Those of you wanting to use your degree's and have a great future, then take this warning and don't join a corrupt business such as Quest Diagnostics. They don't care about there own employee's that build this company, so just think how they will be with a client. In fact research yourself Quest Diagnostics. When they were SmithKline under Ken Freeman, this was a great clincal lab. After Quest Diagnostice took over as well as trying to commit many frauds and control or be the biggest and have to go to lab. The Government finally stepped in and Lab Corp had to split most of Smithkline labs with Quest. Preventing a monpoly by Quest Diagnosticc. Younger people beware of this Quest Diagnostice and follow my websites. I have to place up many as Quest has been trying to destroy and get servers to take the truth down. They stole thousands of dollars of retirement severance as well as vacation hours from me. I am free now to fight back at this dirty rotten scum company that made me waste my life for them for nothing in return! You have been warned so read what others say. This is not the only place on this company.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Imagine, a company that only is concerned about it's employees careers.!! What a concept!

Maybe you outta try selling Amway shid. Be your own boss! There you can make a career without having to be judged as incompentent. Which your post tells us.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To lewis1946 in posting #28:

First of all, this is the first time I have ever been on this website. I USED to work for Quest and had NO TIME to do anything else because I was one of those that gave 150% and worked nights and weekends. I am not sure how the rest of you can take time during the work day to even get out here. I was also one of the individuals kicked to the curb by a totally thankless management team after MANY years of dedicated service and success. However, now that I have been laid off from Quest and am finally enjoying some peace and thankfully a severance package that was MORE than well earned...I have to comment on some of this "information" you've listed about Quest.

Ken Freeman did NOT work for SBCL...ever as far as I know. I started with Quest during the Nichols/MetPath merger. MetPath was a Corning Inc division. They were spun off to their own company and were called Quest Diagnostics. Ken Freeman was the CEO of Quest Diagnostics. A good 3-4 years after that happened, Quest bought SBCL and Ken was still reigning CEO. I will say, back in those days prior to the SBCL purchase, Quest/Corning was great to work for under the wonderful leadership of Ken Freeman. Everyone lived the values for the most part. Everyone really did work for the patients and the clients. It was a nice place for me to start my career. HOWEVER, things were somewhat rocky after the SBCL purchase and there was a LOT of corruption from the SBCL side of the business that had to be cleaned up but everything did level out eventually. Ken Freeman was still the best CEO to work for and kept the company focused on the patients.

The problems all began when the CEO position changed to the current individual. Focus has definitely changed from the patients and the clients to the bottom line. At this point, I won't bore you with my personal experiences of corrupt management; creative accounting when it comes to sales budgets, territory alignments, client credits applied to budgets, etc; moving around incompetent managers but ridding the BU of exceptional and award winning sales and acct managers; creating positions for people and not posting the jobs but just placing "favorites" into them, blatant discrimination against race, sex, etc. and so on. I've seen all of it. Suffice it to say, I LOVED working for Quest prior to the current leadership but I am glad to be out of there as it has become increasingly corrupt and no longer a good place to work.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Same thing happened to me. I tried to get out and was laughed at having Q on my resume.
    Bad company, bad mgmt, poor excuse for a career.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

same things happened to me, ditto!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hear, Hear! I too, worked (still do) with QD since the Corning/MetPath days under Ken Freeman. And I must say, I agree whole heartedly that those were the days. Such a great employee culture that it gives me tears when I think back. I also strongly agree that when the SBCL merger happened in Tampa that was when it all started to change. The SBCL TBU was engrained with such a distain for QD that they had/have rendered a quagmire for operations and service. The old SBCL crews resent QD and therefore has been extremely cancerous. Although, years later much of the old cancer has been removed, the TBU is still a dysfunctional bunch, with no accountability, and stuck in the past. It will never be the same in this era of corporate America but sure do miss the past when the CEO knew you and your family's names and truly cared about you and the patient's care. Miss you and your high quality leadership Ken.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a former Quest Diagnostics employee, I can say that quest diagnostics makes up results. This "method" of work makes posible a faster turnaround time, meaning more test volume, meaning lower cost, meaning undercutting everyother clinical lab and thus more profits for Quest.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

where/how do they come up with these results? always curious about that..

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They scrounge around in Labcorp's garbage cans and pull them out from there

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i've always considered Quest a great place to work. why all the negativity?

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You must be in management or HR to state the above thread.....this is a definitelhy not or shouldn't be Fortunes' anything.....

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HOW CAN QUEST BE A FORTUNE,THAT IS SO SAD I WILL TELL ANYONE THIS IS NOT A GREAT COMPANY TO WORK FOR.IF YOU APPLIE YOU WILL BE VERY VERY SORRY THIS IS WORST I HAVE SEEM IT WITH IN THE YEARS 7 YEARS THE THREAT,INTIMDATION,REVENGE WHAT EVER IT TAKES THE MANAGER,SUPERVIORS WILL DO ANYTHING TO KEEP THEIR JOBS IF IT MEANS LYING OR GETTING YOU DISCHARGE BECAUSE OF THEIR DISLIKE AND IT WILL WORK AFTER 25 YEARS IT TIME FOR A CHANGE,CHANGE HAS TO COME EITHER QUEST HAS TO GO DOWN BECAUSE OF MISTREATMENT OF ITS WORKER NO ONE IS LISTING MANAGER SUPERVIOR WALK AROUND AS THOUGHT THEIR ARE POLICE,DET, WATCH DOGS WHO NEED TO BE PUT BACK IN THEIR CAGES.I HAVE KNOW IDEAL WHO LET THESE PEOPLE OUT HALF DO HAVE DEGREE,TELLING YOU HAVE TO DO A JOB THEY CAN NOT DO.ALL THEY CAN DO GET A PENCIL PAPER AND PAD WRITE YOU UP FOR NONSENSE JUST TO MAKE THEM FEEL LIKE SOME BIG SHOT. YOU SUPPOSE TO BA AFRAID WHEN THESE INTIMIDATION WALK IN A ROOM

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WOW:

I can see why you would have been an asset to your manager. It is clear you have more education than anyone you worked with. Management made a great mistake letting you go. Those poor simple managers must have just misunderstood your value and level of education. I hope you will find employment with the competition, so you can show them!