Quest is a pharma company

Discussion in 'Quest Diagnostics' started by Anonymous, Nov 19, 2010 at 1:26 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Geez ! Do you think they can hire any more out of work pharma managers ? Now the VP of Sales is from pharma. It was bad enough with Nosenzo and Kenny, but now I fear it will get worse. This company is a shell of it's former self. Local GM and Sales Mgmt is a joke, with everyone blaming someone else for the decline. The problem starts with NJ and trickles down.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Who's the new VP?

Can they be any worse than Little Johnny?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sure does not pay like a pharma company. If the company wants to be like a pharma company it makes sense to hire a Pharma VP. No offense, but it cannot get any worse. Perhaps this new guy good actually get the company to implement some of the good things from pharma like competitive base salaries and year end reviews that are not used to put people on performance plans. TS and the other RVP's will morph in to whatever their new boss wants

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I second that.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Is this information public? I can't find it anywhere.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It will get worse. Did you read the part about the new VPs focus being on "the ongoing upgrade of the sales force". I guess we need to be upgraded - and you know what that means. It will certainly get alot worse. Maybe we should have been blaming SM all along instead of others as it appears all of this anti - sales stuff is coming from him.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Continued upgrade of the sales force means if you have not been hired in the last year or two you will be managed out.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To be managed out at this time may not be all that bad. I for one have had enough and am ready to be set free and get my life back.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

would be good to get my life back too but to be out of work isnt what Im looking for either. with the job market the way it is i'm afraid there's not much out there - have already been looking.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True the job market is not good at this time but it is better to be pro active. There are many of us looking with high hopes.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is good to know that soon you will be complaining at another company about their management. If you could do better...step up or shut up.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are you gay? You sound gay! I am sure that you have never complained about your current job or any job you have ever had. Some of us are looking for a better job than this because we are not so whimpy to make a change for the better.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, very mature. You now resort to calling people names - that shows the maturity level and business level you operate at. Fact is I work at Quest and have for years. I am surrounded by a bunch of complainers that don't want to change in a changing environment. No matter who leads they complain. We have had leaders promoted from Quest into senior roles...people complain. We have had people from outside come in...people complain. Things have changed and we need to except change. Go back on this board several years - the stuff is the same. Different names but the same complaints. So I say again if you don't like what managment is doing then either shut up or step up and become management. If you were in charge you could influence the change you want and complain we don't have. Then again people would just complain about you too.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree, no need to call people names - yes things have changed, been changing, maybe that is the real problem. "They" keep bringing in people to bring about change. But is it working? Think not. Dont know what the answer is but something's gotta give.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

where is new VP from? what company? Male or female?

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You are right there is no need for name calling. But I can put another word out there and it is "hope". Those of you who have had it at quest but are fearfull to lose your jobs and every day you try hard to make a budget which is a strech to even get close to. Tolerate leadership by those who are not leaders. No one from the Pharma side or even a business perspective can understand the relationship between an office and You the rep. You can't put a finger on it but it is that cooperation between a lab and a client to get the job done. Remember the patient? .... the people, the employee's? I am not sure Quest does. You should know I was with Quest for many years and I faced all the fears mentioned in this string of comments. I want everyone to know there is life after Quest. A much better life. I make 5 times the money and use my skills everyday and not one Monday conference call or work with any SM. So, My thoughts are... if you work hard and do the right things, success will come your way. With or Without Quest Diagnostics.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Quest is anything but a pharma company. Pharma is fun and you can make a boat load of money. Pharma reps get respect and Quest reps get to solve billing problems.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You have not been in pharma for a very long time

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you are with the right company and have great products it does not matter if you have been in pharma for 1 year or 20. BTW, I was in pharma for 15 years and loved every minute of it.