Quest IT Outsourcing

Discussion in 'Quest Diagnostics' started by Anonymous, May 4, 2013 at 11:08 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Self proclaimed: Senior Management's Choice?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

IT Security is safe, or as safe as you can reasonably be under this climate. Messaging, Inet, Linux, and Windows - Server, and Windows - Desktop are all gone. Database is gone, Unix and VMS are gone.

Not including Field IT, JD said like 45 people were retained including subject matter experts and almost everyone level 5 and higher. If you got a Director title during the re-org congrats because they're being kept even if they no longer have any direct reports.

All in all around 245 will be let go.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

JH articulated in one of the calls that "he has been through this before" with Nortel. He overlooked to tell us about "The new Nortel" proceedings pending before the United States Bankruptcy Courts.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The way I count, only 4 out of 11 employees are being retained from IT Security. Certainly considerably higher retention than many other groups however hard to tell the 7 people that are being laid off that they are (were) in a safe group.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You may want to look back at post #145 on this thread. The scope of layoffs is considerably larger than your post implies.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It's funny how they are keeping the same people that made all of the decisions that got them in the mess in the first place (level 5 and up). I don't know of any individual contributor that approved a CAPEX, initiated projects, or controlled the direction of department. Levels 5 are total "talking heads" with no practical experience. They can't even check their own email or complete simple tasks without an assistant to help.

Hey JD, sorry about your dad having a stroke, but we all have issues to deal with of our own. You wouldn't know about our problems because you're busy telling 1400 people about your own to gain some sympathy. Simply tell people you have a family issue and leave it at that...or don't even mention it...nobody really cares. You also have a lot of nerve calling the people you are laying off your other "family". Family doesn't take jobs away send to a country full of corruption, shit human rights record, and gender discrimination. The quality of service will certainly suffer...you just traded your Cadillac for a Tata (literally).

Didn't you get burned on the brilliant outsourcing of the Nation Help Desk? How in the hell did you (any everyone else) forget your greatest failure while at Quest? I can see making a mistake once, but twice?

BTW - There's no F'in "G" in West Norriton. My "family" would tell me the right pronunciation so I could stop making an ass out of myself.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

So I am wondering about the release form that we were told we would have to sign in order to get our severance package. In one of the meetings we were generally told we would be agreeing not to sue, not to disparage the company and I do not recall what else. Looking online, I found this post (below) and am wondering if anybody has either more concrete information about what will be in the release form and/or any advice from an actual lawyer on the subject?

"A release has to give you something in exchange for your agreement not to sue -- something that you aren't already entitled to receive. If company policy already promises you a week of severance pay for every year with the company, you must receive more in exchange for the release. Similarly, the company can't hold up something you've already earned until you sign. If, for example, your state law requires employers to pay out unused vacation, your employer can't force you to sign a release in order to get the money for the vacation time."

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Has anybody heard from the business regarding this? Just wondering what they are thinking.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Can't argue that BL isn't the right guy for the job, at least in terms of systems knowledge.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

From the business people I've talked to, most of them had no idea what was being done to Infrastructure...

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All the L4's certainly should have known, if they've been paying kind of attention tot he business. This has all been widely communicated in the "Invigorate" channels for a very long time.

12. Anymouse

Anymouse Guest

Yeah - that is kind of what I was thinking. I have yet to have a business person come back with something like "Yeah - we knew. Sorry you are being terminated but we will be okay."

More like - "How are we going to get our project done? Can you do it before you leave?"

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

New survey out shows Quest Diagnostics beating out Dish Network. Based on employee responses, Quest Diagnostics is considered "better to work for" then Dish Network.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here is a good quote from Felix Salmon of Reuters in regards to outsourcing:

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Been thru this before with JH. I Lost a mil at nortel. I was dedicated Nortel employee and was fooled. Nortel is not even a penny stock anymore. Came to Quest after Nortel to be slashed again. Hey JH where are you going next so I can avoid being a 3 time loser. I did make you money and save money at both places. See you in hell. It is people like you that are destroying the USA. Invest in your people

How did you take one of the strongest companies in the World ( Nortel) and destroy it. Nothing to be proud of.

Your 15 year relationship outsourcing to WIPRO must have Netted you more than I would my whole family would make in lifetime.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That is freaking hilarious our idiot leaders actually think that means something.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Two years running now.

ROTFLMAO !!!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Anybody get their layoff letter yet?

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you want to see how bad if can get when IT and Engineering are offshored...have a look at what happened when they committed to it at Nortel. Very, Very sad.......

"It seems that Nortel went even further than outsourcing production. Huawei took over much product engineering as well. And that may explain how Chinese hackers were able to infiltrate Nortel’s corporate computer system right up to the CEO’s own computer—backdoor entrances may have been coded in by Chinese software engineers. If so, not only did the Chinese gain thorough knowledge of Nortel’s product technology, they also knew Nortel’s marketing plans."

http://www.assemblymag.com/articles/90631-did-outsourcing-and-corporate-espionage-kill-nortel

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow - that is pretty extreme. It is a good thing that Quest isn't being run by the same group of idiots that obviously were in charge of Nortel. Can you imagine being the idiot who authorized the Nortel outsourcing?