Question for near-retirees

Discussion in 'Industry Veterans' started by anonymous, Feb 26, 2016 at 5:02 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm getting close now-been furiously crunching numbers and monitoring spending last 3 years to determine feasibility as we're close to pulling the plug. I'm completely exhausted with the industry at this point. Just wondering for those who've recently retired or those getting close: what type of monthly budget have you set? I realize it is all a bi-product of expenses and where an individual lives, but I'm just curious where others fall. We live modestly but don't really want for anything. I have only a very modest pension from a prior pharma employer, rest I've needed to self fund. We've spent about 5K per month the last 3 years, including fun money. I'll need to buy private health insurance for several years, that's scary. Anyway, any one out there??

Thanks and cheers!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

We're closer to $6,000 spend per month and expect to be in the same vicinity once retired. I'll have retiree healthcare but it certainly won't cover everything