Question to the sales staff for DSCO

Discussion in 'Discovery Labs' started by Anonymous, Apr 17, 2015 at 10:36 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Why was this drug so difficult to get into hospitals? From the outside looking in, it was an easy sell and the market was not that large only a few hundred hospitals.

Management (third group in what 5 years?) was clueless and a bunch of liars but in the end a good sales team drives the top line and in this case it never happened. Millions spent on a sales team and their support team to yield what 7 hospitals stocking the drug?

No disrespect.

If Surfaxin as a drug is a total failure then whey develop Aerosurf? It is the same drug only delivered differently.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This post is from a Consultant, current competitor, future competitor. Please nobody answer not to protect the Sr Mgt here but for the simple fact these dopes are everywhere on these boards looking for free, sensative and valuable information. It's the principle here not the fact we need to protect upper Mgt. Please nobody gives these idiots the answers they are looking for.

If you do decide to reply then please give false information to them, like I often do, so it will negatively effect their research and strategies to their clients.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nope, an individual investor that saw promise in the drug and lost a lot of money. Put to much in because I believed in the drug... Paying the price for it now.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was a nice way of calling them on the carpet, I lost a sheat load of money and I actually blame them as well as management. To many "Salesmen" in this world are nothing but glorified order takers.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Rarely is there an "easy" sell in the hospital marketplace. There are 3 other medications in this class that Neos feel are working "very well". There was zero reason from their perspective to look at a new product because they dont see surfactant therapy as a big problem area. It isn't an area keeping them awake at night. In other words the marketplace was not clamorying for a new surfactant. Yeah, synthetic sounds nice but Neos don't see the animal derived surfs as an issue. Additionally dsco launched this poorly:
    Priced too high
    Uncontrolled launch
    Unreasonable expectations sold to board by dsco employees
    Turnover of reps and msl's

Add to all those issues with preparation and administration specific to surfaxin and it's easy to see why this failed. Sadly, if the launch had been conducted appropriately the end result could have been much different.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

We just couldn't sell it. No need for it. We had an inexperienced COO who had no boundaries set by a very weak ceo and aged, non-current bod. He just acted like a stupid kid in a candy shop. Never understood the market, needs, desires of neos. They just didn't need to change. Synthetic is nice, but the kid is only going to get it once in a lifetime, so who cares about antibodies? It was not like insulin where you'd be concerned about antibodies. Then, he continues to act stupidly, didn't listen to anyone, who wanted a controlled launch. Then, against our advice, he priced it at a premium. Nobody was going to buy it. Then.... When we did manage to get it onto a few formularies, it crashed. Untold issues with the product getting "gummy", non-injectable. Looking weird in vial. Then, top that off with now, you're paying more for a product you didn't need to change AND you have to warm it, shake it a certain way and for a certain length of time then hope it's going to be ok when instilled. It never had a chance. But could have gained traction if priced below competition. Could have gotten easily 150 hospitals using it. But no. Wonder Boy Miller had all the answers. He was going to hit 10 mi,lion the first year. If he stays in biotech (and let's hope he doesn't hurt someone by doing so), he needs to come in as a rep, then junior marketer at least for two years. He needs to work for a commission. Really this is the most embarrassing thing that could have happened. I want to be a chief within this company if possible. Golden parachute, get to do stupid things all day long, make up new rules to protect yourself, get huge bonuses, keep making stupid decisions. Sign me up. And as far as aerosurf goes, I hope they don't blow it. But they will. Just a matter of time. Having launched this product from the beginning, I know that there are a lot of unanswered questions about kl4. It's going to be a lot more of the same.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Funny how all you guys are now saying the SAME things I did about 2 years ago on here. Almost IDENTICAL. Your responses to me was I was a disgruntled sales person who did not get offered a job here (or interview) and I was angry since I didn't get an offer. In reality I was a competitor in this mkt place and tried to tell you all the SAME things you are now experiencing. I wish I had the time to go find my posts and copy and paste them. It's like I was telling the future.

I dont feel sorry for any of you. It was EXTREMELY obvious all of the gaps this product had. It NEVER had a chance the second it was formally approved. To this day I have no idea how this product was able to trick investors, marketers, the street, and many others. This was a classic case of a solution trying desperately trying to find a problem with a product denied by the FDA 7 times, in a therapeutic area where you have some of the most conservative, apprehensive, traditional and loyal customers in an extremely price sensitive environment. To this I cannot understand how any of you couldn't see this! You all made your bed now go lay in it!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

And you keep spouting off about what a miracle Aerosurf will be. It's going to fail just like Surfaxin did. it's not a viable peptide and those who drank the koolaid will drink it again. You don't learn.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Omg. You idiots at Discovery will do anything to shut us up. But we won't shut up. You are losers and crooks. And you're being found out.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sorry companies that have huge turnover rates are laughed at. Sad...but true. Ew.