Questionable Hiring Choices?

Discussion in 'Collegium Pharmaceutical' started by anonymous, Apr 15, 2016 at 2:42 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Good luck. You will need it.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is the pain market. It's different ham primary care.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Style over substance selling opioids? Yikes!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Most here were athletes at one point. Some couldn't make it out of rec, most stopped after high school and then others were able to play in college. Seems a few here can't let go of the last picked mentality in kick ball . This is pharmaceutical sales in 2016, which means you work 8-20 mins a day while you drive and wait the rest of the day. You keep your job by dropping food off to doctors on time and not messing up your expense report. And if your doctor ask you to jump, you reply "how high" because that is your job. A clapping monkey, college athlete, FED EX driver or 20 year pharmaceutical veteran can do this job.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Obviously you worked in big oharma pod or never really had to sell to get utilization.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

10 to 25 minutes with a lunch.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

"Big Oharma" can't sell anything without big managed care coverage. All the competition to your only drug is generic. FYI. Not sure Xtampza rolls off your tongue easily either. We'll see how all those athletes do.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Refer to the Zogenix CafePharma board.

I worked for them and they did the same stupid stuff. Hiring managers with no experience in pain and reps who were completely clueless,,,,, but looked great. I spent the whole first month teaching my moron manager in Atlanta all I could about the pain industry. He's my manager and I'm teaching him!!! WTF?! Needless to say, he didn't last long and Zohydro bombed and the company pretty much sold everything it had and struggles to stay afloat. Get ready for a repeat. Just look at this as a 1 year job. Find something else and double dip til it goes under.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They'll do just as good as the guy/gal who touts they have relationships in the market to move the needle. Those relationships are why you have the same job as the former athlete, they didn't exist. Science breakdown days are over, it is all about "can I sign for you".

POD, hospital, large territory, small territory...it's all contract now. The sooner you realize you're a contract rep the sooner you'll understand the industry.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In all fairness if your going to pick on athletes you should also mention cheerleaders. And strippers if you work for Insys.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is 2016, not 1996. The days of being a pharmaceutical rep and being respected are gone. You're not as good as you think you are, you're only as good as the drug and managed care you have. Those touting winning this or that are here for a reason, because you were let go because you are a number not a President Club Award Winner. And those claiming this is pain and that it is a different animal are trying to convince themselves that what they do matters. You still stand in a closet/hallway hoping the Dr. acknowledges you so you can get 10 seconds of time after waiting 20 plus minutes. No different than PC.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Mostly true. That and the fact that hyper vigilance to compliance and Pharma guidelines have essentially sucked any creativity or innovation out of the job. It is in truth message delivery not a sale. There is no transaction taking place. That said as long as pharma continues to throw money at a sales force there will be the attraction and even that is moving to contracts.
    Good luck with the launch. It will probably be a bumpy ride

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Well they hired LK as a manager with experience in the opiate addiction market and she sucks!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The recruiter for this cluster is Scott Horowitz. He is a fucking thief of oxygen and complete idiot. That's why Shionogi shit canned his services.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

agree. Well said. These people are going to fuck this up.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hard to fathom the Haterade going around with such a new company and product. Lots of athlete trash-talking with no logical rationale. For example, who is "LK" and why does she suck?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So, How is LK doing now?
    Looks like that team has gone from worst-to-first. Something is working out there. Talking to reps on that team makes me wish WE had a leader of that caliber. What would make the AP take such a stance?

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

New Marketing Guy from Insys

Should have some good off label selling tricks

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Plan A: Kickback

Plan B: Sexual Favors

Hiring anybody from Insys speaks to a company's morals and ethics