Quintiles CRA's Jump Ship

Discussion in 'Quintiles' started by Midwest Road Warrior, Mar 18, 2011 at 1:13 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Since I left (after being there 5 years), I think another 12 CRA's have left from simple overwork. They are giving the CRA's too many protocols and as a result, too many sites. I really did not know how bad things were and how tired I was until I got out.

For those who are left, I hear they are talking about changes. Talk is cheap. Make them do what is right for a change and hire some CRA's. What happend to the ACE program anyway? Good people came out of that program and God knows they need more good help in ClinOp.

Jobs are opening up, so this might be your chance to have some bargaining chips. Good luck.

--mjc

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Quintiles is overworking all of its staff. It's a mismanaged, broken organization. Employees are beaten down and miserable. If you are reading this and considering Quintiles as an employer, run as fast as you can away from this company.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Another Kool Aid drinker. I just received my bonus and I'm coming up on my 9th year service anniversary. We're doing big things at the Q. We're building an end to end platform---watch this space.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been working at the big Q for 6 years now, and damn right I am overworked!

This is not because management is pushing me too hard it is because I believe in what we are doing and have a passion for my work.
    When I go on holiday, I check in at least once a day, out of my own will.

But seriously, this is the grown-up world. If you are working for 8 hours a day, managing a home and family, all while running around after kids and meeting deadlines, and you do not go to bed exhausted every night, I want your job!

In the last 6 years my salary has also quadrupled, so guess the hard worked paid off!

So for all off you who find the higpaced world of Quintiles too fast, do not blame it on the company.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Someone deserves the FI Award...

I have been working at the big Q for 6 years now, and damn right I am overworked!

This is not because management is pushing me too hard it is because I believe in what we are doing and have a passion for my work.
    When I go on holiday, I check in at least once a day, out of my own will.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This hasn't been my experience at all. I've been at Q almost a year now and love it. I have 2 protocols and love working here. Yes, we put in a lot of hours but come on, who deosn't these days? Love the culture, Quintiles is honestly the best organization I have ever worked for.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Quintiles is a TOXIC workplace

Quintiles executive management team does not have a clue, or doesn't care to acknowledge, the low morale that permeates the workforce. People are overworked and stressed beyond belief. The demands being placed on employees is causing emotional and physical stress. Internal departments are fighting with each other. Deadlines are being missed. Quality is low. Sites and Sponsors need to know that Quintiles has short-staffed their workforce. The employees want to do an excellent job, however, they are beaten down daily by unrealistic demands, crippled systems, broken equipment. The poor decisions made by Quintiles executives at the expense of the employees is backfiring. We are burnt out and have no loyalty for this company.

8. If it's so toxic, why not leave ? As for 'crippled systems' and the like, can you be specific? I travel quite a bit, have access to key systems from any computer and really don't see it as you describe. Sure, like any other company there are good days and bad days. But I would not say it's toxic. Just sayin

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

All I can say is that you must be a new employee....you will learn quickly that Quintiles is HORRIBLE to work for. Why are CRAs quitting continually? Why are the results of the Employee Engagement Survey terrible? Employees are unhappy at Quintiles and the executives choose to continue to wear their rose-colored glasses.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Been here almost 4.5 years. The survey results I saw had some very good signs and also the need for areas to improve upon. In many cases Quintiles was at or above the "Kenexa norm" (Kenexa is the company that conducted the survey). I wonder how many other companies even bother to do engagement surveys ? Or create action plans around improvement areas. Look, I know Quintiles isn't perfect. What company is? But if it was anywhere nearly as bad as some posters on this board would have you believe, I would have left years ago.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Lots of companies run employee engagement surveys and actually do something about it. Quintiles is the master of lip service. They are a classic for not walking the talk. For the most part, employees are not happy. The poor decisions made are beginning to result in client dissatisfaction. The company is out of control and needs a fresh, new management team. Out with the old and in with the new.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

from the survey: my gym membership is paid by the firm. I am paid to participate in wellness programs. career ladders, education, and more paid for by the firm. The only lip service" I see is by the posers on this board

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True, they have a physical reimbursement benefit. Big deal! Staffing Levels need to be increased so employees can actually take advantage of their fitness club memberships, etc. There is no work/life balance at Quintiles. The quality of life in the work environment is horrible causing undue stress on the employees. Employees are rushed daily. Quintiles is known for putting the cart before the horse, followed by damage control because the quality of work churned out due to employees being rushed and stressed constantly is resulting in increased dissatisfaction from the Sponsors. It's quantity over quality at Quintiles. The clowns that make decisions at Quintiles need to be held accountable for their mismanagement of the company. It's time to clean house at the higher ranks, Quintiles.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

BULL! You make general statements about work/life balance, stress, etc. It is not only Quintiles (management) responsibility to manage work life balance. It is YOUR own responsibility. As a single parent, I have to attend functions outside of work on a regular basis (for example open house at my child's school). My supervisor is supportive, She knows I will get my work done and she is supportive of me. So not everyone feels like you do. By the way I had a great chair massage 2 weeks ago at work - compliments of that very mean company Quintiles :)

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"CRA's Jump Ship"

So, it is the normal churn of CROs. Everyplace I have worked has people jumping ship en mass every so often. My experiences at Quintiles have not been any different or out of the ordinary.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Sounds like i3. I was thinking of jumping ship to Quintiles. Which is worse? I'm starting to thing CROs are all the same.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ding ding ding ding! We have a winner!!!!!!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The Quintiles' cheerleader on this site must be in her first job. Chair massages compliments of Quintiles....Wake up, many companies offer that. I suppose you think free coffee is a novel idea, too. Quintiles doesn't treat their employees with respect. It's all about profit at the expense of their employees. Equipment breaks down daily, applications employees are forced to use are inefficient, etc. If this was a better economy, there would be a mass exodus at Quintiles. Unhappy employees permeate the Quintiles' offices.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nope, not my first job. All I see here is a disgruntled person but no real evidence to back up your claims. No company is perfect and that includes Quintiles. But my experience is very different from what you portray here. My computer works fine, and when I dropped my blackberry a while back it was replaced promptly. I am at Quintiles by choice. I can leave anytime. Sounds like you should give that some thought....or are you already gone and just here to gripe?

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow then this must kill you, no? I think I'll go with a more balanced view (not yours) of how things happen at quintiles
    Quintiles Recognized as a Top Multinational Employer In First Global Ranking by Great Place to Work(R) Institute
    http://www.marketwatch.com/story/quintiles-recognized-as-a-top-multinational-employer-in-first-global-ranking-by-great-place-to-workr-institute-2011-10-28