Quintiles got the URL 60 day notice April 1

Discussion in 'Innovex' started by Anonymous, Apr 18, 2012 at 12:30 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They are not telling us this because they do not have to. Our last month is May and we will all be unemployed June 1.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Not saying that you are wrong.....But is this fact or your speculation? I think everyone should be prepared for your timeline regardless. If it is a fact, then why wouldn't they allow us to interview for other positions within quintiles?

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

They don't allow you to interview for other positions because it costs them money. They have to keep the contract full till they give you your 30 day notice. Quintiles does this with every contract. Ask your friends who work there.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There are no jobs around me to interview for anyway.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, there are! Be creative and think outside of the box. Your next job does not have to be pharma!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I should have been more specific. There are no quintiles jobs in my area. And quite honestly there are very few options in my area overall (that pay anywhere near what we make). It is time to consider a career change that will probably require expenses (education) rather than bringing in revenue. Luckily I have been in this industry long enough to see where it was going and not be caught off guard. I think it is a matter of figuring out next steps and possible temporary solutions to do what we need to do for our families. Best of luck to everyone.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Will we be able to get unemployment?

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you do not quit or turn down employment after the contract ends you will probably qualify for state unemployment, there is a maximum in most states which is generally around $300/week. Obviously not enough to get by! FYI, if times get really tough there are state assistance programs....subsidy programs have become quite easy to obtain. There was a woman in one of my low income clinics talking about how she received $800/month in food allowance, and the state provided medical insurance for her entire family, which came to equal close to $2000 total benefits. My advice is as long as we work contract, save every penny you can, because the contract will end one day. Easier said than done, but it would eliminate the need to even have to consider unemployment or state assistance. There is a lot to be said for creating your own security! We ALL should be participating in 401K! We chose contract, along with the consequences!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

FYI on unemployment. Each state pays a different amount. I received around $500 a week for my state, but what gets you is the cost of health insurance. Good luck everyone.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

One more thing to remember is that unemployment in most states are running way behind. I got laid off in the middle of Oct and it was the last week of Dec when I got my first payment. Good luck to all of you.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have news for you Mr. Poster...
    Quintiles has not recieved any notice as of yet

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Point being? Oh wishful thinker.. Wave your hand in the wind.. Calm before the storm

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

This is hilarious, what the hell are you smoking? Of course, they received notice. Damn, people get your head out of your ass. It is over.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It was over in January. Now you're seeing the curtain call.