Quote from Glassdoor

Discussion in 'SkinMedica' started by Anonymous, Nov 10, 2011 at 6:15 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have been employed by two companies that are the leaders in medical aesthetics and dermatology. Through networking I was referred to Skinmedica. They were eager to meet with me and to pick my brain because I had worked for a past competitor. I drove two hours for the initial interview. We completed the interview at 12:00pm. They didn't invite me to join them for lunch. When I came down for the third interview they ordered a take-out burrito which I ate alone in an unused office (how awkward and wierd??). It was a strange unprofessional way to treat someone. I wrote thank you letters and sent correspondence requesting an update on the status of the position. Neither the Director of Marketing nor Human Resources Director had the courtesy to respond. No one ever returned my emails or calls.

Very amatuerish and highly unprofessional. I would not want to work for this management team. The strategy of the Senior VP of Sales is to duplicate what the competition is doing. I think he was more interested in what my past employer was doing versus my qualifications as a candidate. They have a decent product but is by no means a leader nor is it revolutionary. My advice is not to waste your time on this one.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Agree. They are not professional at all. I interviewed with them as well and never heard back one way or another. No class.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Seriously, count your blessings. This place is not where anyone should aspire to be. Management is aloof and unprofessional. Sales managers are an odd bunch of women and a few men that don't have enough brain power to sell anything else so they opted for this product line full of expensive crap that doesn't work, costs a fortune, and has no redeeming value. It's a house of cards and it will fall some time sooner than later.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My goals are way too high!!!!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest