READ THIS BEFORE YOU WORK HERE

Discussion in 'IQVIA Sales' started by Anonymous, Sep 24, 2013 at 6:01 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Or even if you're still working here:

1). Q wants to hire anyone that looks good. They don't care about your past, your work ethic, or your salary. If you are a warm body, and fit the contract, you're in. Their goal is to fill spots, period.

2). Salary is usually not negotiable, there's a pool of money given to Q by the mother company of the contract. Q dishes it out for everyone, if you get more, your colleagues get less.

3) Don't blame Q if you don't get a car. Cars are determined the mother company (MC), but Q Handles the lease.

4). Don't count on the contract lasting. Q guarantees nothing...the MC will end a contract at any time.

5) Q upper mgmt will say they are in control, they'll get back to you, they'll see what they can do.....that's crap. They only decide when and where to set the interviews.

6) unless they are part owner of the molecule, they are only the contractors, the MC is the customer so they win. Q gets paid by billable hours which is why you don't get Christmas week off.

7). Don't take this job unless you're in a poor situation, unemployed, or have thick skin. Most employees of the MC don't want us around. We are a threat, especially any of us who've been around and have been laid off....no MC salesperson wants an inexpensive highly talented Q rep in their territory...you threaten their job.

8). Don't believe your Q manager will help you if your contract is about to end....get to know and love your MC manager really well....he can save you, or toss you to the curb if he wants someone else to take your job. He'll blame it on lots of reasons but Q employees will rarely get a job over a person that the MC manager wants.

9). While employed with Q continually interview for other jobs.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nice way to waste a half hour posting that rant nut job. Everyone already knows all the above. Next time just take a few seconds, relax and then shut the fuck up you pompous asshole.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Totally agree. This thread just describes contract work in a nut shell ( or pharmaceuticals in general these days ). The original poster is an idiot.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

since you're the one doing all the swearing, clearly YOU are the ranting not job not the OP!!!

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have you read any posts on this site you r*****? Everyone interested in any contract asks these questions, so you're the pompous asshole. I'm not the poster but I have worked here and so have my friends and most of them went through the quintiles wringer. Maybe the person who wasted the "half hour" helped somebody out. you're too selfish to think about that dickweed

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

LOL!!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You sound like someone hit your schlonger with a hammer. If it falls off it WILL NOT regenerate.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thank you very much.........Q did MEET my old salary. Didn't get placed with the newbies.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

To all who are reading, the original poster is correct. Years ago, Innovex/Quintiles was a good company to work for. Now they turn over employees on contracts faster than they can hire them. This company will ruin your career. They hire poor quality managers with no business sense and no ethics. Do your homework before accepting a contract out of desperation.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Amen I say. I had the same experience, and I also think it's the contract company who controls this- they want everyone on the cheap, including managers-pay crap you get crap. Quintiles employment is a resume killer unless you can explain it away.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree with all of the original post except where it states the Q-Manager will not help you. Some do and some don't.
    The most popular reason one is not helped is they already proved in their position they are not performing well enough to be recommended.

If they are a high or solid performer and don't get any help...the Q-Manager is an idiot

We are not all here because we suck. If it were so simple to be elsewhere, none of us would be here.

The single biggest problem with Quintiles commercial is accountability is non-existent internally and in the field. Nobody kicks the can down the road better than Quintiles commercial.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Could be that the Q manager is an idiot, or a better bet is that they have no authority. A very good friend of mine should have been rolled over from a Q contract to the company, and the Q manager did all he could. In the end my very qualified friend lost out b/c the company pulled in an outsider favorite. It's the whole Q setup that is flawed....and the managers can't do a thing about it.

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yes, this also has merit. We can go around and around all day with examples that would also apply. You think the Q setup is flawed? Perhaps, but you appear to be completely disregarding the fact that the client has input on how they choose to spend their multi-million dollar investment.

I doubt when you decide how to spend your own money that you relinquish all control as to how that money is spent and precisely what it's spent on? Unless we're talking about marriage? Btw, Quintiles is a little like marriage isn't it?

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Read the original post. Post #1. You are both in agreement.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Former Q employee, the oringinal posting is right on the money....very well put.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Honestly, it's all CSOs...not just here. They all suck, just fill positions and then can you. It's too bad they suck good people into working for them because its a bad place to be if you're talented.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ANOTHER REASON: You work with colleagues who berate/undermine others (like the 2 or posts after the original post have done), act immature to a post that gives accurate information about contract sales. (Or just someone in the organization who is in denial about the exploitation.)

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Original poster is dead on!!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take your own advice, you idiot. Quintiles totally sucks so it is with great pleasure that I note the forecast for the next 12 months for this scumbag company is way on the downside. So why not take your own advice if you can even comprehend your own moronic rant.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well said. Some people just can't handle the truth.