Ready to launch HTX-011?

Discussion in 'Heron Therapeutics' started by anonymous, Apr 10, 2019 at 12:33 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know most reps in this board are primarily concerned with bonus structure and car allowance, but have any of you asked if this company is READY TO LAUNCH this product? Assuming you get approval (not a given), do you have the team in place, pricing, access strategy, targeting plans, etc.? Word on the street is you are NOT ready and your stock is priced appropriately.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

To see through a glass darkly

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sorry buddy, this board is for dopey reps to complain about their managers and car allowance, you’re not allowed to ask hard questions.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s hard to believe that this company is 15 days away from pdufa and they just got managers on board recently. Many rep positions are not even filled. I wish they would have pushed hire date back to July 1 so they could get more prepared and people could finish out their quarter. Also, people who have never done car allowance should understand if you are in a small geography you will make money and if you’re in a large geography you will lose money on the resale due to high mileage. Also depends on how nice of a car you want to drive. There will be a minimum but if you want a BMW X5 your probably gonna pat some out of pocket.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thats just it. They are rushing and the smart decision would be to allow enough training time and territory planning, but that just isn't going to happen.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Mike Mathews and his Cadence f**ktards have been employed for more than 2 years. They had plenty of time to prepare. The rush now is due to their incompetence. They thought they didn't have to do much to launch 011 LOL!

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Mike Matthews not even listed on website under management and he’s an SVP? Maybe no confidence he’ll survive so why bother updating website, LOL.

This company has a golden opportunity to bring great product to market and muppets in management are going to blow it. Sad.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

im onboard if approved and ready to go.
    I will admit I don’t think these people are up to speed but I’m betting product will be delayed and therefore they will have time

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Insider. It’ll be approved. In label negotiations already. I’m sitting in these meetings and the issue will be the strategic approach and arrogance. We feel like we’re just going to roll in and be welcomed with open arms because we’re “better” than exparel.

The problem is two fold:
    1) exparel has very low penetration because of a) cost and b) disconnects between clinical data and real world experience. They’ve peed in the pool. Pharmacists will want proof
    2) our strategic approach is “we’re here to save the day!” But the IDNs and hospitals and users are doing just fine thank you. But I’m listening to Mike and the marketers and some of these sales dopes saying “we need to tell them their baby is ugly”. Good luck with that. The decision making process of formularies, protocols, ERAS, stocking, etc takes a lot of time and cross functional collaboration. And we’re hiring a lot of mercenaries who are already rolling their eyes at what we’re saying.

But let’s rush the process. SMH

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Pretty much confirms what I’ve heard, better product but marketing/sales team does not appreciate what it will take to launch this and is not ready so will take a lot longer to get traction. This will get sold to BP for modest premium in about a year so it behooves Barry and Tang to do their f’ing jobs now and make sure MM and these other clowns don’t blow it in the last couple of innings. The street will give you your report card very soon.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

BP?

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Big pharma

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Take out target for sure

Hopefully you folks have plenty of sign on stock options. If so, could be nice payday and might even be retained after the acquisition

Good luck next week!

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So assuming we get approval, what would a good or bad label look like?

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I wouldn’t assume anything anymore with our current FDA.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

CRL?

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Buzz is that execs not happy with the FDA filing team. They missed some critical paperwork related to manufacturing.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

uh oh

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

There is no buzz in the office about the delay. Only a few people know and it's a sackable offence to discuss it

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

A response could happen anytime. It could happen late in the night tonight. That is not unusual. The label will be critical for success or not.