Ready to say forget it and.....

Discussion in 'Industry Veterans' started by Anonymous, Oct 9, 2011 at 10:57 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you're real and as tough as you say then you'll name your company.

What? You can't? And that's your lame excuse?

Yeah, I thought so. Like I said: full of crap.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ah there you are disgruntled big Pharma rep. Yeah nobody in biotech is making money, and every rep is micromanaged to death, and there are no good jobs out there, oh and the industry is "imploding"-my favorite gripe of yours. Look stay in your sample closet mentality, bitch to your other loser counterparts and stop pontificating on things you are out of your league on.

Btw Amgen, Genentech, SeaGen...f off pussies.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

These companies would never hire a 21 year old. You lie.

And if I'm a pussy, well, you are what you eat.

Which I guess makes you a dick.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Those were only the last three ahole...you people really are stupid now I know why we laugh at you when we interview you losers.

You are what you eat smack. Really?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, this poor kid wandered into the lions den. I work in biotech, have for years now, and I can assure you that this punk would be an anomaly there. And if he's job-hopped that much it's because his ineptness has caught up with him each time, or his numbers just haven't been there. Thanks for putting him in his place. Nobody's probably laughed this hard at him since he dropped he got de-pantsed in front of the band and cheerleading team. He doesn't even get the jokes. This is what's ruining this industry. Brainless.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

U just proved how out of touch you are = "job-hopped". The 90's are calling and it wants its reference back...yeah the lions den....PC reps with a net worth of nothing...some lions den. Scary!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Go watch the movie "Bull Durham", where Crash Davis leads the minors in HRs, and was a hell of a player, but only got a shot at the majors once, before he was called back down.

In the minors, Crash mentors a "rocket" arm minor leaguer and help him make it to the majors.

Crash has the brains, the hustle, and has talent (you don't hit that many HRs if you don't have talent), yet he gets passed over and over.

Maybe this movie will help you. Maybe it will humble you.

Becausue you still don't get it.

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I get it. You losers keep bitching bring up bad clichés, and movie references and think you are wise. I made, I still have it and I'm poised to make even more. This Pharma game is easy especially with little whining affected pussies like you. Keep bitching keep complaining about the "luck" you think other gained while I'll keep playing this game and making money.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You,

a. need to get laid

b. need a mental evaluation

c. stop raping women

Its one of the 3.

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Love it how you say "I'm poised to make even more"...

the government loves you, as you give half to them.

aside from that, you are stupid to think that "making more" is the answer to life; that having a bigger house, a nicer car, a chick with big fake tits, or whatever you do with your "more", is the answer to your incomplete life.

Not sure why I am wasting my time with a moron like you, as I think you are full of it and just post nonsense to get a rise out of people.

My intention is to keep my writing style in place!

Have a good weekend, driving around your over-priced BMW with your GF that gives terrible head!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

well said! I am waiting here to get picked up by people I worked for and loved. THIS is the way the game works! Indeed!

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ah another one of my favorite Big Pharma rants! You losers are so predictable. First you call BS on anyone making more money than you, than you bitch and insinuate that anyone who makes more money is trying to fill some void in their, “incomplete life”. Thanks Dr. Freud for that pearl of insight.

Moving on, I never said or implied that ‘making more’ is the answer to life, nor do I drive an overpriced foreign car, have a larger than normal house for my area, or a wife with fake tits. Glad to see you stereotype anyone who makes what you deem as “more” as living some faux Beverly Hills life. Nice I’m guessing you believe that all Southerners are rednecks, all African Americans are criminals, and that dinosaurs never existed. What I was implying, since reading comprehension is not your thing, is if you are going to partake in this ‘pharma game’ why not try to make as much as you can? Especially since the money is out there to be made.

If you’ve been in this industry for more than ten years and you do not have a six figure base salary with a legitimate shot at making $150K to $175K a year than you managed your career miserably. And like I said before if you can’t succeed in this game that is full of lightweights why would anyone believe that you would have success in another, more competitive industry? And if I hear, “well my DM is a jerk and keeps me down”, as the reason you can’t get ahead in this game that you prove my point even more. You are letting some chump DM get the best of you and control your career, and as many of you state all over this sight, your job satisfaction and happiness? Wow if you can’t outsmart and outwit a Pharma DM you would be dead in just about any other industry!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Get off your high horse pharma a-hole. The DMs in big Pharma have absolute power over their minions...They can like, fabricate, and say anything they want to make or break a rep...The DMs have total control....I recently left the industry because I couldn't "outsmart" my DM as you put it...They always win...The system is set up that way...

I will be happy when you are in the unemployment line, thinking you have a great pharma "career." Friggin' douche.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

U r a pussy and a crybaby...never said I had it great. Just said you can make $150k to $200k with little stress or effort if you are smart...smart clearly isn't what you're about.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Btw why did you put career in quotations? I've been doing it for 16 years, make anywhere from $150k to a little over $200k, I have great perks and benefits, and have made some decent cash on espp, options, grants, etc. Sounds like a legitimate career compared to many other careers out there. Oh I get it you're one of those self loathing Pharma reps who needs some sort of "fulfillment" or "purpose" with their career. Like I said before. Ur a pussy.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I doubt you are in sales, and that you just visit here to get people worked up.

100 percent of all good sales people have a gracious attitude. You may be the expectional dickhead, but I think you are just a liar.

As for mismanaging a career, you are wrong.

Companies downsize even top performers, so don't even go there, idiot.

And fuck you too, with pussy comments.

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Here ya go again! The “you’re a liar because you actually make some money in the bio/pharma world” rant. I think you lightweights are too gracious and thus you get walked all over by your DM’s and your customers. I’m gracious when I need to be and aggressive when I need to be. That’s the problem with most of you. You’re great at being gracious and horrible at being aggressive. Also like I said before if you managed your career better you wouldn’t be stuck at the big companies who are more likely to have massive layoffs. Sure small companies are not immune to layoffs especially since they are buyout targets but in the two buyouts I went through we all got lump sum severance for a year, plus 10% bonus on top of our base to sign a non-disclosure agreement. Within six months most of us were back with our same leadership team so there was never a gap but a double dip for six months. Also they accelerated the vesting schedule on our grants and options so we all made some decent money. This was not by accident or by luck. I thoroughly researched the companies I was interested in. I looked to see who was in their executive management team, their research/medical team, and what their previous successes are, what major investors they had to see if they were savvy at picking winners. I would talk to KOL’s who work and do research in those therapeutic areas to get their thoughts of certain companies and who was hot and up and coming. During interviews I would ask as many questions as reasonable about the vision and the culture of the company. I would mainly try to go to start up’s. This is why most pharma reps are mediocre. You are lazy and do not want to do your homework. You settle for whatever next big pharma job is available or whatever one of your mass market recruiter tells you is a good job. You buy brands like GSK, BMS and Pfizer and you think they are good. You people don’t think, you are too accustomed to being told how to think so many of you have lost the ability to think on your own. Had you been smart you would have researched and found a niche a therapeutic area and went to the smaller biotechs who pay more with very little BS. It’s your mass market big pharma mentality that keeps smart people like me employed at good companies as we see through your loser from a mile away.

Gracious? I graciously giving you career advice for free…that’s pretty gracious.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

The kid's cocky but he's right. I'm a biotech rep at Centocor Ortho Biotech and have not had a year in the last seven or so when I haven't cleared 200K. Even the bad reps at my company clear at least 150k, and some of them are just plain terrible.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I agree. The problem is the PC/big pharma reps are prisoners of their experience. They don’t even know that there are high paying biotech jobs out there with very little to no BS. The jobs I have had over the past 10 or so years look or feel nothing like the big pharma jobs. I haven’t had a “DM field visit” in years nor a call reporting system. When you tell this to PC reps they find it hard to believe. Anyone who has spent more than five years in PC/mass market/big pharma has sorely mismanaged their career.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Look, if you are good at selling, then you are good at selling.

Just because you make X amount at biotech, it doesn't mean you are a better sales person than a guy in food sales making less money.

Most sales jobs pay good anyway, and you should try to get paid well...

but to think that certain jobs are so much better because they pay better is horseshit.