Realistic earnings from Pgx and Cgx

Discussion in 'Laboratory/Diagnostic Sales General Discussion' started by anonymous, Feb 10, 2019 at 2:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I would like an answer from real reps please. And please no Tom or Supreme answers. How much can a rep make realistically off a comercial bcbs, Aetna, Cigna, or Humana Pgx or cgx sample? Also, how long does it take to get paid off the sample? From what I can gather there is a lot of promises, with no lab really following through.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You will get a lot of bogus answers from dubious labs that all want your business and PAY you illegally buy paying you 1099. That is a quick way to end up in JAIL. EKRA is no joke. We at Supreme are thoroughly compliant AND pay a salary. All the negativity is just from one competitor I schooled years ago and is on here just tying to razz me.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

SUPREME LABS 4 LIFE! I heard they processed over 40 samples in the lab last month! Killing the game!

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Actually there seem to be a lot of people that hate you. No offense, but what fool would work for you? Also, how come no one ever defends you?

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

$250 for PGX Medicare samples
    $200 for CGX BCBS, United samples

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

From my personal experience, anything over $200 is pretty good per test IMHO. I'll take more when I can get it, but worth the sale at that rate, and a great test to offer patients. It is revolutionizing the market and offering additional tools to help promote the right medications for the right patients.

7. ???

??? Guest

40 Samples? Vikor does 400 a day dude

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Vikor is a garbage can of a lab. I just took 6 accounts from them LOL

9. Stan

Stan new user

I'd like to talk to any reps that are looking to earn. Real guy here.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It all depends on the lab. No lab can bill for the test until they have the results. I've seen some labs taking 3-4 weeks or longer to do the testing. That is NOT to say that they couldn't pay you before but you are missing the big picture. No Lab can pay a sales rep a commission or bonus per test. The EKRA law says that regardless of whether the rep is 1099 OR W-2 that NONE of their compensation can be based on the number of specimens, or the amount billed per test or the amount collected per test. It sounds like you are totally unaware of this law which is why the labs that care about being in business long term are not offering you anything. There are two basic ways to pay reps, you can either pay them a salary as they are a W-2 and simply increase their salary when you have a review but this is not something you could do every month and that pay cannot go down if you expect the feds not to see through that. The lab can offer to pay you a flat rate per month for one year. Notice I did NOT say flat rate per test. Basically it is like a W-2 salaried position but you are being paid as a 1099.
    The problem with all of the commercial specimens is the deductible because even if the insurance carrier agrees to a $5,000 payout if that lab is billing out-of-network or for that matter In-Network and the patient has a $5,000 deductible then the only money being paid would be from the patient and no lab is going to stay in business making money off of what the patient pays the lab. That's the reason so many marketing groups are targeting Medicare and Medicaid because they don't have to worry about the deductible but reps working with physicians in their area can't of course ask physicians to only test their federally insured patients.
    Lastly never ever use a lab if they are using telemedicine to provide the lab orders for patients if you are doing the whole health fair thing or any type of direct to consumer marketing deal. CMS has already said that NO telemedicine physician can provide the ongoing care needed for that patient to utilize the information provided by CGX testing, in their eyes it would simply be a screening test and CMS does NOT cover screening tests. If a lab bills for a screening test then that is fraud which is why these labs utilizing telemedicine for CGX and PGX are getting indicted AND anyone involved in the process which would be you the rep.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Tom,

Get lost loser. Your Lab is garbage. You reference everything out. It will be “supremely”closed very soon

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Dude, stop talking BS about EKRA. NOTHING has been enforced, nor will it be enforced, because not everyone sales rep sells urine Tox, which is why the law was created. The original purpose of the law was to eliminate the crooked urine Tox reps from their shady, underhanded deals with doctors (paying them for specimens). To force legitimate reps to suffer due to those reps is ridiculous. Nobody will sell. The law is in the books, but NO OFFICIALS are targeting labs with this law. They're already looking for ways to amend this moronic law, and are pretty sure it will never be enforced in its original literature.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why is it no one has answered the question of the OP. Typical for CafePharma.
    Regarding CGX & PGX I did see the letters from at least two labs that just announced that they were not going to accept lab orders from any telemedicine physician. What is also very interesting is the FDA cracking down on PGX testing telling labs that they cannot report on the medications. without the info on the medications the reports would be almost worthless. FDA doesn't know what the hell its doing and should stick to evaluating medications and leave the lab industry alone.

FDA Stepping Up Actions Against PGx Testing, Forcing Some Labs to Stop Reporting Drug Information

15. Connie Jones

Connie Jones new user

Hello, I am a real rep . I basically only do Medicare. You can make really good money If you are direct to a lab. The only problem is you have to find a lab that pays. They make promises but do not always pay you. If you find a lab that pays please let me know.

16. Connie Jones

Connie Jones new user

If you go direct to the lab you will triple your income

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please give the names of those labs
    Tripling sounds like an over-promise. Are you one of those lab owners?

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Those days are long gone. EKRA.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This person is right. You can not be paid per specimen, the law is very clear about that. You can always get paid a flat amount per month if you can convince the lab that you can deliver at least a certain amount every month.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Name 1 lab following EKRA? The law is ambiguous and has multiple sections that contradict each other. Also a fix from Congress is coming by 2020. The pay on this testing is shit because most tests are not paid for and the labs can't pay for something they do not get paid for. You are all a bunch of used car salesman. Get a real job losers!