REALLY?????

Discussion in 'MannKind' started by anonymous, May 17, 2019 at 1:13 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

In a conversation with my manager today, he mentioned that Michael Castagna was trying to figure out why reps that have had success with other other companies were having trouble finding success with mannkind and afrezza. Really Mike? The only constant that we have had is you!!!!! If we had a real CEO who knew what he/she was doing maybe we could sell this drug. You are pathetic!!!!!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

if you took over a bad territory, it takes at least a year for any new rep with this product to deal with the issues left behind from this product. also, the company continually changes its approach, so that further complicates things. other companies are better organized and have more products in their bag as well, so there is more opportunity to sell. we have one product, that is not well received. also, doubt the call reporting is very accurate with this product. the truth is that the territories that are doing well are in the common hot spots in the country for this industry, and they likely took over a territory that was better developed from the beginning. the access in this industry is not getting better, but worse as well, so there you go. insulin is a long term sell, and the company is in this desperate mode. that is not how you sell the product. have a long term vision, and give the reps more space and time to sell it, and things might change. until then, its a mess. doctors don't like insulin, and after the other company took their product off the market, they just don't have the confidence to write this hand over fist. if the top guy really said that to your manager, then he is not seeing the big picture. as reps, you have to see the big picture and understand that this product has challenges would even make michael jordan want to take his ball and go home.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

don't forget all the scripts that get "lost" at the pharmacy as well. you just don't have those issues at other companies because this product is so different to the medical community. what doctor is going to put up with that shit, get a patient upset about not getting what they RX at the pharmacy. whatever. the truth is that this product is in no way representative of selling skills because there is too much crap going on that the sale rep can see that has nothing to do with actually selling the dam product. very frustrating unless you are dumb ass.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

meant to say too many things the sales rep can't see that has nothing to do with actually "selling" the product to the doctor.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The unrealistic expectations of this company never cease to amaze me. The emperor has no clothes scenario is playing out nicely at this place. They are just not going to ever admit that they need more products to market to get this company going. Afrezza is not going to happen right now, and if it does, you are looking at a decades or more. Those are the facts. So, if you are selling this, just do your best, and if they put pressure on you, look for a company that will actually have a product you can sell without so much past problems that you had nothing to do with, but are clearly impacting your ability to sell now.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

It’s always a bad sign when management blames the reps. They never ever ever look in the mirror and ask themselves if it could be themselves and unrealistic expectations.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know.
    time to look after the recent stock plunge too.
    especially if they want to put the heat on and
    start shaming reps, which is what they are doing to those that are at the bottom, willingly or unwillingly.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Its odd so few post on here too. Pharma is such a weird industry.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

you are definitely not going to hear from the ones making bonus because they got good territories to work.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All the above is true, but I would still say that MNKD is probably the best company I have worked for in my many years in this industry.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thanks for your feedback Mike Castagna!