Reason to stay?

Discussion in 'Genentech' started by Anonymous, Jan 30, 2020 at 2:55 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Have an honest question...and I know there will be trolling despite.
    Why do people stay?

I know someone who wanted to go to genentech despite all the cray I warned her about. I know people who were given packages but fervently interviewed for short term or permanent positions internally. Others who refused to interview externally at all.

These aren't even people who have a family to support or major expenses (but I may not know the full story). They all just want to stay so badly!

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The only reason to stay is to get my pension. Beyond that, there is none. Just hope that I can retire before these SSF clowns run this once great company completely to the ground.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Because it’s still a good job with good products. However old Bill A had a stiff one for bio onc and latched on to this plan with no plan overhaul. Just wait until the first big product that needs to be launched. Basel will insist on feet on the ground and we will have none.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Genemtech has been a horrible company since acquisition by Roche. A European company that is standardized by European rules. The worst training program. Plus, they treat their contractors horribly. Genentech will be Sears in the biotechnology industry.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If this was a circus, we have the perfect clowns in SF to run it. Unfortunately, they let these overpaid silicone-valley-want-to-be decide how we sell these serious medicines. What a cluster! They disguise their greed as innovation and expect everyone to be stupid enough to buy it This is a voluntary self destruction from the inside. What a disaster!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Any reasons I had before coming to this meeting are gone. After listening to all those good people who went through the pioneer round, it surely helped me make my decision to leave. There is absolutely no upside for staying. The package has never looked so good.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you want a serious answer, it is because aligning around customer needs makes way more sense than our old siloed organization; we have a strong pipeline; and we are in a position to continue delivering amazing products to patients. Yes, there are really good people leaving...sometimes voluntarily and sometimes not....but the the end of this will be better customer engagement and knowledge without so many levels.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LMAO! Halarious!

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL!!! what a total joke. it is because they DON'T have to work. genentech people have never had to work. and what pipeline??

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

People who can't get a job are staying

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Bingo! Yahtzee!! Folks, we have a winner!!

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Before NFM, I was skeptical about the bad things I heard within my circle. I thought that our culture could not have deteriorated this fast because of some restructuring exercise. I know the whole ecosystem and mindset thing is just some clownish BS from the consultants. I guess I must have been living in a cave.. Well, I must have talked to at least 50-60 people this week. Some came from SSF and some came from field leadership. 100% of them said they were miserable and would leave this place as soon as they have the chance. This simply cannot be a good place with all these bitter and upset employees. The rancor and malevolence toward the senior leadership are pervasive. Then I realized that this place has deteriorated to a level that I have never seen. This week really gave me some perspective and clarity. The severance package is really the way to keep my sanity and away from this toxic environment.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

”While you might have hand sanitizer at your desk to get rid of the germs, there’s not enough hand sanitizer in the world to get rid of a toxic work environment.” LOL

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I have been around and seen just about everything in our industry. I went through 9 downsizing operations in 3 companies in 33 years. I have made some difficult phone calls to some very good people before. So nothing really rattles my cage anymore. I generally just laugh it off whenever I see some new "leaders" who are so anxious to try to leave their marks. However, I must say that these people in SSF really top the chart in terms of their amateurism and idiocy this time around. I have never seen a worse way to handle change management than what I am seeing. My youngest son in his 3rd year in business school could have done a better job. I am not sure if a company can recover from this cluster. Their incompetence, arrogance and ignorance were so glaring that it is almost painful to watch. Yet, they managed to insult everyone by telling them that no one is good enough to do their jobs. Obviously that is the only thing they can manage. One advice to you people in SSF before my retirement: Just because you are not good at what you do, you don't have to buy everything the consultants sell you. They can only make more money when you fail again and again by listening to them. That should be an easy concept to understand. Listen to your own people as they want the company to sustain more than the consultants.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Genentech was a joke before Roche. Roche should have had the kahonas to cut the excess fat when they absorbed us. We squandered our riches on high paying jobs with little to no actual skills and proven performance. We let our arrogance lead us. We paid little attention to our pipeline and had no plan to take over the loss to Biosimilars. And so here we are. Forced to restructure because we had no plan. We should have played less and acquired R&D molecules that could fill the gaps. Now we are pointing fingers and having to show performance that we never explained before.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Before Roche, Genentech was a great company. It produced cutting edge products, had great science and scientist, was more concerned about new treatments than me too products and had some crazy sales meetings. It was a fun place to work and people enjoyed coming to work. Then Roche showed up. This place hasn't been the same. I don't care what you think or say, Roche ran all the great people off; i.e., Art, Sue, all scientist etc... They only looked at making money and not improving care. Now its over!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I think there is plenty of blame to go around. Genentech had great science and great culture. We used to love to please our employees. It was a great place to work though we always suck at commercialization. Roche is a rich company with lots of cash. It had no good products to show for. It only knows how to please its shareholders. When the 2 came together, we brought out the worst of each company instead of the otherwise. So here we are in this sorry state with the worst and talent-less people at the helm. We were doomed as soon as these people got the leadership positions. They could have just run a deep reduction of force in some respectful way and remove the silos. Everyone would understand and be fine with it. Instead, they humiliated everyone and torn the fabric of our culture in pieces and try to turn this place into some laughable mindset temple. We are watching the demise of a company through self destruction. It will be the cautionary tale and the butt of the joke in our industry soon.