Reasonable discussion?

Discussion in 'Pacific Pulmonary Services' started by Anonymous, Sep 18, 2013 at 1:38 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Question: If you are (or were) a PCC, what do you think is/was the biggest obstacle you face(d) in the field trying to market physicians? If you are (or were) a CSR or Tech, what do you think is/was the biggest obstacle you face(d) in the center working reports or interfacing with patients? If you could change one thing that would have made you stay or would make your life easier (if you are still here), what would it be? The sky is the limit and you make the decision.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

As a former PCC my biggest obstacle was paperwork... What does Medicare requires vrs. What does PPS require? Why does PPS ask for more than needed and why does revenue ask for more than the PCC's are told they need to get? I liked my job a lot, but when you get 15-25 new set ups but can only bill for 5-7, it's painful!

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wow, would that routinely happen? Getting 15-25 setups but only making commission on 5-7 of them? I'm considering taking a PCC position so any insight on those numbers would be very appreciated. Thanks!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It is not a sale until the company collects money for the service. PPS was paying big money for ineligible patients and when you can't submit a claim because the doc did not order the 02, the sats were not qualified, or you just made the sats up. This is most likely what is killing PPS with the fed now.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I strongly recommend against speculating. If you work here, just do the right thing going forward and help the company turn around.

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

It wasn't about doing anything unethical in my situation, it was just revenue reading one thing into the chart notes and making a decision. I frequently had to have my DSM and DOM read the notes and then pull info from the Medicare website to support that the notes were valid! I am all about making sure that the orders I took were good orders, just hate that one department read things one way and another read it differently.

For the one thinking about taking a position with PPS, just educate yourself. I enjoyed my job a great deal, just had a better opportunity arise. I still have many friends there who love what they do and think that PPS now has the right leader at the helm. The company has issues, but so does every DME company. Know Medicare guidelines and make sure you understand what "compliance" truly is... Don't take short cuts! It isn't worth it, no matter what leader may say differently!

Good luck with your decision!

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

HOLY S**T!! Its official!!! Just was informed that Apria bought out PPS and will take over the reigns Jan/Feb 2014!!! WOOHOOO!!!!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Leaker! Not official yet, WTF!?!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

My good PPS peeps that are left need to know. Thats all

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If this is true, does anyone have any info on whether this will be good or bad for newly hired personnel? Will Apria be likely to make cuts or clean some house after this alleged take over? Just trying to figure out whether or not to work at PPS.. Thanks!

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WOW... SORRY SAP

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Yup, I am a big sorry sap. OR I'm just an outsider who is simply exploring options with different medical device companies, and looking to cafepharma for some honest and decent input to make an informed decision.

It's still so hilarious how many people want to use their time to sit around posting inane comments on these boards that not only help nobody, but almost surely create more anger within themselves. For those who fall into this camp, happiness is waiting for you once you move on, and I wish you the best!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

That's MRS. Rogers friend! lol..

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You would have to be living under a rock to not have heard of the ongoing PPS shitstorm.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

True. But seeing as how there are shitstorms at every other company one looks at on these forums, and one doesn't get interviews with all of them, it is necessary to dig a little, and maybe even rely on others (if they're going to be spending their time posting here) for some decent, sensical input. No?

I feel like that is much more to ask than I had originally anticipated, so after a few more meaningless posts from the "in" crowd I will move along and leave you all to happily rant away..

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Apria didn't purchase anyone. This is just rumormongering.

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I seem to remember an Apria purchase rumor floating around in 2011 too. Guys - not going to happen. From what I know of Teijin (Japan) they could buy Apria without blinking. They are like DuPont big

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Your "good PPS peeps that are left" indicates you don't work here anymore. Why are you cheering for the demise of your coworkers' company? Seems like a dick move. Glad I am not your friend. Also - wouldn't you just tell them directly instead of anonymously through one of the worst forums ever?

I bet the "word" you got came from your imagination.

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You tell em Pete.