Recon going direct

Discussion in 'DePuy Ortho' started by anonymous, May 9, 2016 at 9:14 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone hear that DepuySynthes recon is going direct in a territory in the Northeast? Following Mitek, Spine, Trauma. Base plus a low commission. Very little opportunity to make any real money. Could be the end for distributors.

2. Atrocious Spark

Atrocious Spark new user

I have not heard about this change. Please specify what part of the Northeast.

3. Device guru

Device guru new user

That is true.the most recent restructuring is just a precursor to align everything for DePuy recon to go direct. Mitek is going that way and recon is next. That is Juan Jose's plan

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Heard Pa and NJ

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Colorado

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Why Colorado? What's your source?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Given how that distributor runs things... it's about time.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Are you referring to Durbin, who was terrible, and has been out for two years, or Hultzapple and Erickson, who have the support of the reps and are moving it in the right ditection?

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Amen to the above!!!

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Lost business is too big of financial impact to pay distributor rate commissions. Why would we not take you direct? Biggest revenue loss and market share in Colorado since 1998.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I just spit out my Pepsi all over my screen. I hope you are kidding? These 2 guys have done nothing for us but ost business.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

FYI, all of recon will be going direct. This has been being planned for years. If you want to call bullshit, go for it, just remember this post come 2017.

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Maybe a forced change as the distributor network is going to be getting slammed with harassment charges soon. J&J can’t just bury their heads on this!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

They do like to party!

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Iowa/Nebraska is untouchable! Corporate knows they can’t mess with Jr or daddy will come back and take it over again! Relax

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Management will never mess with them...too big to touch!

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Chad would just not have it! He gets what he wants and runs the show there.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You guys are idiots...thats the point. They are too big, no publicly traded company likes that anymore. Too much risk. it is not up to Chad or Poppy, it will be done. It is the way to reign in everyone, lower costs, hire cheap replacement reps and contract with the hospitals. Damn, you farm boys sure are dumb. Look at the size of some of the other distributors bought out, look at spine, over $20 million buyouts. Chad will take the money and you guys are screwed.