Recon

Discussion in 'Stryker' started by anonymous, Jul 2, 2017 at 10:09 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

For those of you in the Recon division, do you know what hours you're working cases in the OR ahead of time?

For example, for this week, are you on-call one evening (let's say Monday) but you know you are working in the OR Wednesday and Friday evening?

Just looking to get any idea about how much work is scheduled vs being on call. I'm sure the answer has partially to do with your specific territory dynamics but any info would be appreciated.

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

No call, early evening if your hospitals are shitty at turnovers. Depending on how busy you want to be, good chance you can work only 3 days a week.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Thank you for that info. Anyone else have a different experience?

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Just the fact that you have to ask this question proves that you're not very smart and this job isn't a good fit for you.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Please... all you do is open boxes. There are no smarts involved in this gig.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

All of my hospitals require the nurses to open the boxes. They even push my cart outside the room and the techs get the trays for me. Work smarter not harder. Only real reason I need to show up for totals is for the stickers to do my paperwork. This is literally the easiest job I have ever had after a few months of effort. If you can't do the work involved in converting a surgeon and getting him confident in the technique first, then stick with "slamming gammas in your grandmas". That shit is for the brainless. I called myself a professional box opener years ago, isn't that what we all wanted? To get to that point of doing practically nothing while making bank. That's why I took this job to begin with.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Recon is completely unlike Trauma.

I know my schedule a week in advance.

The only time that changes is because Hemis are recon products according to corporate, and so are shoulders.

Now that fracture stems are out for the shoulder, just expect to get called for a Hemi-hip or shoulder Fx if it is a plate vs Hemi/total/Reverse. Pretty rare, as they often get pushed off to normal business hours.

A "busy" day for me is 5-6 joints at a single hospital. Others do WAY more. Some, significantly less.

Recon is awesome if you've got a big territory or the potential for a ton of growth.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Recon is great till some corporate contract guy who has no skin in your game or some group of surgeons decide they want to gain share with their hospital, reduce your selling price 35% and your expected to show up the next day with the same smile and effort while making 35% less. But no that is not it, you get your commission cut another percent to increase the cut to over 40 %. Then when you don't show up to routine cases ,where your biggest contribution is opening a box, and you have to deal with the passive aggressive nature of everyone when you have to explain that you need to try to convert new business to make up for the hit in your income, which is virtually impossible to do since the jackass governor of NJ decided we all buy our business. God I sound like Matt Damon in Good Will Hunting. Yes recon is awesome. Only job I know where you can sell more and make less

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Luckily you won't be getting too many calls on the shoulder side because it's by far the worst on the market.....

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This is Stryker's business model for last 5 years. Try and low ball all accounts for access, dropping prices nationwide for all. Way to go dip shits. Shot yourself right in your big mouths.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I remember a NJ manager years ago who fought better than anyone I have seen in this business to hold prices. He Fought like hell and his reps really respected his efforts. Higher ups rolled over and we are where we are today. In the end, he left his mark. We still miss him.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

That NJ manager must have been years ago because I have been in Ny,Nj,and Pa and Stryker has been dropping their pants for at least the last 18-20 years

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This division has a big problem looming but the jug head jocks are too dumb to realize .....It follows DF wherever he goes - metasul cups -asr- now your trunion issue. Nowhere to hide

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

How do you convert a surgeon to any recon product? You are only still able to have 5-6 cases a day because some corporate schmuck dropped the price for gain sharing, or gave them a Mako, or Stryker Performance Solutions (Marshall Steele). Converting biz isn't about skill when you have a mee-too product. Stop your whining, because unless you work for a smaller company and have no consultants to pay, you don't know what sales are. You are just showing up to make everyone think you work hard. Barely know proximal from distal anymore with the meatheads I see around.

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This. Ask a stryker rep a basic anatomy question and watch them squirm. Only way they get business these days is by dropping prices to nothing. My surgeon backed my fight against the hospital and I get 3 times the price of a stryker knee for ours. Dipshits work 3 times as hard and I still make more % in commission also. Work dumber and harder, the stryker way of getting market share.

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

You get 3x the price for your knee vs a Stryker knee?
    Wow. You will be getting all the awards at your national sales meeting.
    You should write a book or do an infomercial. You could definitely market your selling expertise.
    Congrats!

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Love it when one of the meathead young cover reps, who think they know everything send me an X-ray asking whose product is, and it's one of ours.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Who needs sales reps when you can just give your shit away? Silly boy, maybe you can use your great relationships to get a janitorial job at your hospital when Stryker fires you in 6 months for missing your reprocessing quota.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

This^^. I have seen stryker in last 3 years come into my accounts and literally cut prices more than double what we were getting. And the stryker rep that thought his shit didn't stink and made the deals was gone after a year. Stryker becoming the new JnJ. Sad to see