Tags: Add Tags
  1. Alice R.

Alice R. Guest

I dont know if I'm posting this in the wrong place, so if I am tell me and I'll repost in a better thread. I've seen a lot of discussion regarding whether or not MedJobsInc.com is a reputable recruiting agency, and I finally have the truth. THEY ARE A SCAM. I received an email from someone name "Mike Robinson" about a position with St. Jude Medical, and how they were requiring candidates to purchase a subscription to MJI (MedJobsInc.com) so they could do preliminary background checks and phone screens. It just didn't sit right with me. I did a little research and found a lot of threads about similar BOGUS emails, and then I found several Better Business Bureau investigations surrounding them as well for not only lying about who they were, but no collecting ANY actual job postings or placing ANYONE with an actual job.

SO, I called St. Jude, and told them the situation, and they said they had MANY people calling in with the same information, and they were in the process of formally investigating and intended to prosecute. I had to speak with someone and give them my statement of what happened, as well as my information, and forwarded copies of the emails. So to all of you out there (who I suspect are actually the scumbags at MJI) that keep trying to post anonymously and validate this crap- you're busted. St. Jude Medical has confirmed that a number of large companies are becoming aware of this and they eventually will be taken down. Furthermore, I work with several very reputable recruiters through friends and for myself over the years, and NO RECRUITER will EVER require you to PAY for any site or service to do anything ... that's what the ACTUAL recruiters get paid for by the companies, hence a HUGE red flag of a SCAM. Sorry to ramble its just disgusting that this day in age with so many people desperately looking for work, there are jerks like this out here taking another $30 a month from honest people who might already be in a tight spot while job searching. Hope this helps and Happy Job Hunting to all !

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

The bastards! Good thing you sniffed them out, McGruff. Keep up the good work!

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I'm finding they are a scam as well, stay away!

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Scam - Received an email concerning a position w/3M

No such person exists.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

MedJobsInc is indeed a scam. They are also targeting Philips Healthcare using actual employee names but wrong email address. Coincidentally, my LinkedIn account was locked because of potential risks they discovered the same day I received the bogus email. I deleted my LinkedIn account because I have no faith in the security of any social media anymore. It's really unfortunate. I would appreciate the contacts of any legitimate and highly recommended recruiters on the East Coast. Thank you.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I can't believe this. I got an email this morning for a Cardiology/Radiology position and when reading the body of the text it DOES say to visit medjobsinc.com to create an account membership! I was over the moon about this opportunity. Are you Sure it's a scam? How do you know?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I keep receiving emails from corporate "recruiters" with legit looking emails. I have received the philips cardiology/radiology one this morning as well. I have also received them from 3m and st jude and j&j all of whom directed me to . it is a total fraud. they need a class action filed against them or an issue to cease and desist.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Glad I found this post. I was emailed from MJI about jobs at Phillips and Seimans. Same kinda thing. Pay $29 and have phone screen.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So they want $29.99 to blast your resume to companies one time.
    You're better off just looking at their webpage and seeing what companies they are promoting on their ticker with job openings and going to that company's website directly to apply.

Just a suggestion.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I too received an e-mail in regards to that from someone posing to be a recruiter from Phillips Healthcare for an Account Manager position. I was so excited as I have been trying to change from the finance industry to medical device sales for a month or so now and this was a huge disappointment to get the e-mail asking me to pay for a screening and questionnaire.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

If you PAY someone or some entity like the above post are describing you are not smart enough to be in medical sales!!!!

This industry was once a very restricted and select group of sales people. Now days it is full of average underperforming wanna Bs. All of the lessors that have been hired lately have killed this industry and it's rewards. You fold like a cheap set of cards when asked for a discount. You lead with "what is your present DISCOUNT!!!?"

Sound familiar? Go back to where you are from! If you have to pay someone to promote you in selling yourself I believe you will most likely SUCK VERY HARD AT SELLING MEDICAL PRODUCTS and further ruin the market place for the rest of us.

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes scam just got Phillips one and as soon as I saw the medjobs inc info I knew something
    was not kosher. I recall getting these awhile back but it has been sometime.
    STAY AWAY it is a SCAM !

14. JasonS

JasonS Guest

I am thankful for forums like this that validate my suspicions. I was almost suckered into spending $50 for a month of service from a bogus company. What crap!

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Sign up for medreps.com and reply to job postings. Suddenly your email will have several similar solicitations!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Received email today from www.healthcaresalescareers.com regarding a medical sales position with Abbott Labs. They want $29 to sign up, than proceed to questionnaire, phone interview etc. I looked at the Abbott site and came across recruitment fraud! Seriously, I am losing all faith in humanity...

ScamAlert likes this.
  17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Received email today from www.healthcaresalescareers.com regarding a medical sales position with Abbott Labs. They want $29 to sign up, than proceed to questionnaire, phone interview etc. I looked at the Abbott site and came across recruitment fraud! Seriously, I am losing all faith in humanity...

ScamAlert likes this.
  18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I got the exact same email this week to go to www.healthcaresalescareer.com for a position with Abbott that does not exist. I emailed the "recruiter" back in an attempt to find out if this was legit or a scam and asked for a description of the territory for the position and he never responded. A little Googling revealed that the healthcaresalescareer.com website is a scam. Looks like they are pulling names/emails from MedReps (which actually is legit) and using these for their scam.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Has anyone heard of the site First Interview Network? I had a recruiter add me on linkedin and then email me about joining this site to blast my resume. Its $20 to join. Sounds very similar to the scams mentioned in this thread, but wasn't sure.

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

First Interview is a very legit organization of Independent Recruiters, it is a 30 year plus group & there likely is an affiliate in every major metro area. Most of these recruiters are also members of MedReps or Gorilla Med & usually will post their open positions that they need candidates for on that sight, if you are a member of those bulletin boards you would be duplicating your efforts. The liklihood of you finding something from your $20 would seem rather small.