Recruiting

Discussion in 'Alnylam Pharmaceuticals' started by anonymous, Dec 4, 2017 at 10:40 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Complete waste of time! inexperienced managers, vp of sales with no rare disease, looks like they are setting themselves up for failure

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I've been strung along too by P1 since the phone screen back in November, but yet no interview to date but told that I'm still being considered. What a joke. Here's what I think is going on based on what I've observed from several sales builds over the past year. The recruiting agency goes out and does their contracted responsibility screening reps while the sales management is being hired or put in place. The sales management comes on board and then looks at the candidates and chooses to "interview" a small number for show, all the while knowing they're gonna offer the job to someone who used to work under them at some other company. Yes there are exceptions but I've seen this happen so many times. I can understand why a sales manager would want to hire a "known entity" but what's frustrating is this: don't tell me you have to have a certain number of years of experience, and have worked a certain type of account, and experience in a specific therapeutic area, etc..... AND THEN go hire someone who doesn't fit or measure up to the said criteria. Ridiculous. At this point I'm under no delusions. I'm sure any day now I'll be getting the thanks but no thanks email. I'm grateful I currently have a good job, just feel bad for those that are either unemployed or under employed and are counting on having an opportunity to interview.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

thanks for the last post. I hadn’t considered the possibility of the managers hiring former employees. I thought maybe after the first round of job offers, and candidates declining them, they would take a look at the remaining candidates. I’m not interested in being someone’s second, third or fourth choice.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So glad to hear this confirmed. Man, this company has so much potential and they got duped by the VP. Shocked.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I used to work w Tiffany. Good luck! How did this company get suckered by her and Jaimie? I’m sure they are bringing in their own people so don’t bother applying

They can’t hire anyone who might know rare disease and expose them. Another great opportunity squandered. Bummer!

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

New positions have been posted this week nationwide for hATTR. Were these the same positions being discussed in this thread back in December or different ones?

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

any insight on the interview process from reps that have already been hired? Salary range/stock?

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Old as the hills. Positions filled 3months ago.Training over a month ago.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Princeton One is doing another recruitment to double the sales force.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Can anyone hired in the initial round provide some legitimate info on RDs and salary range please? Also culture so far. Greatly appreciated.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Yes they filled the spots real quick too.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Anyone hear about second round interview dates yet?

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Middle of May in Dallas

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Not surprised. VP is new to role (former Sr Dir at Gilead, and not well-liked or respected).