Red light or right on red camera tickets

Discussion in 'The Darkened Sample Closet' started by Anonymous, Jan 15, 2011 at 3:52 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I recently got a ticket forwarded from the fleet company from one of the cameras posted at many intersections. It is a right on red ticket from an intersection where you can make a right but didn't make a complete stop. I did some research and found that not all of these tickets are the same. I came across www.highwayrobbery.net and this site has a ton of information about these tickets and how we can help change the policies but it also talked about how some of these tickets are "snitch" tickets and do not necessarily have to be responded to. Does anyone have any experience with this and a fleet vehicle? Has anyone not responded to what they call a snitch ticket on that site? The details are on the site but basically the snitch ticket has an AZ address of the company that owns the camera and no court address or date. Any information appreciated.

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I received one of those citations. Wasn't even aware of it until I received a few pages from our fleet department. The ticket has the Fleet Company as owner and their address. I went to court, the fee was very high. I think it was $350-$400. I was able to make monthly payments to the court. You have a certain amount of time to respond once you receive the paperwork. You definitely Do Not want to ignore it, could jeopardize your job/have DM notified, etc. It does not show on my DMV print out, though.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I got one and said it was a fleet vehicle and multiple people drive the car and I was not
    the driver on that specific day and wasn't sure who was driving and it got dismissed.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Interesting. When I had a fleet vehicle, whatever happened was MY responsibility.

If your kid runs red lights in YOUR personal car, ultimately, it comes down to YOU to pay the bill, doesn't it?

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

bullshit. You are the one responsible for any unpaid ANYTHING.