Redistricting in eyecare

Discussion in 'Allergan' started by Anonymous, Oct 6, 2013 at 1:50 PM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Wait for it......

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

What does this mean? I heard a hiring freeze will be taking place

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

There seems to be a hiring freeze in place already? With half a dozen open territories in Allergan eye care on the company website that are yet to be filled in the last 2 months, it is never a good sign that they are still not being filled.

With 5 of us reps calling on the same doctors in every area, it does not take all of us to sell 2 branded products. If the FDA does not rule in Allergan's favor after last month's petition by Allergan, and allow generics for Restasis to hit the market, we are all on the chopping block come 2014!

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I can't believe you people are just coming to this realization. I saw this coming 5 years ago. It took almost two years to convince a device company to let me in. You think things are tough now, wait till you're trying to explain all that pharma experience on your resume.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Confirmed that this is already going on. When will the layoffs be announced?

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Districts are going to be combined- reduce AM count. Hopefully that means less ride alongs with more reps to supervise....

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

On the contrary if this is true it will be done based on geography which means area managers will have smaller territories to cover that require a lot less traveling for the are managers which means more ride alongs for the reps.

Now we will work with our area managers every 2 weeks instead of every 3 weeks. Our doctors will LOVE that!

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Been through this in big pharma and it never ends well. The time here has come and gone!! Which team is first to go? All i know is that I'm getting my resume ready fast so I beat you bitches out the door!

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

When will we find out what's going on? Will we be keeping our contract sales?!

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

If you haven't seen the writing on the wall before now, you will never be able to land another job. Why? Because you are an idiot! Anyone with half of a brain is long gone by now. You need to stop drinking the kool aid and at least have a plan "b" in place. You need to protect yourself first because management will cut you and feel absolutely no remorse.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Finally someone realistic

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Great post!

Contract worker or an actual Allergan worker makes no difference! No way eye care needs 5 reps to call on the same doctors. All territories will probably get cut to 2 reps! Start looking people and RUN from this sinking ship called Allergan Eye Care!

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Contract peeps, beware! There is no severence package for you from Allergan.

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I work on the contract side of Allergan eye care and my area manager is a JERK! I would love to be working for the area managers in my area who cover the Allergan blue, gold, red and silver teams.

There is no need to have separate area managers for the purple team since all the reps can easily be managed by the other team's area managers who cover the same geography.

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Humm let's see..... 6 less managers? Or 60 less reps? Really? Wow. Tom Sullivan can see which way that will go!

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You forgot that Allergan does not pay those 60 contract reps but Allergan does pay the inflated salaries for those 6 useless managers not to mention all the travel costs that these 6 managers have in common with the other Allergan managers that already travel the same geography.

The purple area mangers are USELESS EXPENSE to Allergan eye care!

17. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You're a dumb ass!! Is the Inventive contract free?!

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dumb reps. This isn't a financially driven situation (salary cutting etc) Its about efficiency, diversity of MHC district to district. You all create your own stress with the rumors. It's a hiring freeze and most likely realignments of product and zip codes. Relax.

If your that worried quit.

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Spoken like one of the typical middles safer that Allergan loves to produce. Those managers are completely useless and even though they think the doctors "love me" the doctors actually can't stand when they go into the office. I can't wait to see which one of these managers get the ax. Good riddance to them!!

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Should be middle managers