Regret leaving GSK

Discussion in 'GlaxoSmithKline' started by anonymous, Jun 29, 2021 at 11:02 AM.

Tags: Add Tags
  1. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Does anyone that left gsk regret it? So many people talk about leaving but in all honesty,does anyone wish they hadn’t?

2. anonymous

anonymous Guest

no.

the are lots of jobs in outside sales that are better.

most men just do what their wives tell them though, so the wife is running their career. so, I guess they don't have a choice in the matter. single men don't put up with companies like GSK very long, as they are looking for integrity and a merit based selling system.

3. anonymous

anonymous Guest

‘There a lot of married men….with kids….who stay put wanting that severance……they’ve got a ton of stock. It can be a $180,000+ In severance and forfeited stock…..that can pay off a house, pay for kids college, etc….

these are decisions I wouldn’t expect a single guy to understand.

4. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I know many people who’ve left (corporate jobs, not sales) and everyone seems to be better off and .happier. I admit to some fear of grass not being greener and hoping for a severance when I do go. Probably should just cut the cord anyway.

5. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I do regret it… not leaving sooner that is.

6. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I regret the 3 years I have been here. I’m trying very hard to find another opportunity.

The saying, “The grass is not always greener” was probably coined with GSK in mind.

7. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I retired from GSK seven years ago. The magic 75. Having health care for life allowed me many options.
    If you are close to "75" stay.

8. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Unfortunately GSK decided to eliminate the rule of “75” this year screwing many younger individuals who could have retired in a few short years. Now you need to be 55 which only gives you 10 years of benefits until you go into medicare and you get a small amount for a supplement. From experience I have seen that many companies are willing to pay you a much better salary and have a much better IC system therefore if someone making more money for a few more years can easily be banked and used to pay for benefits when the need arises( and if you can hold on most companies have a 10year age 55 retirement package anyway). As for the severance and waiting, in theory it sounds like a great idea but if you are laid off with a bunch of people that may compete against you or your are laid off in a down time in the job market that extra money can go quickly and the offers might not be as fruitful . My advice is if you are unhappy, explore other opportunities and if the right one comes along take it, if not you are still
    Employed at GSK until one does. Don’t wait around for a severance or retirement (unless you are very close) or the fairy on the unicorn to come carry you to fantasy land. You create your own destiny don’t let someone else create it for you. Make the decision and don’t look back, I know many that have and very few if any regret their decision.

9. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I regret it, oh how I regret it. When you see the difference in the store price and the discount price for Aquafresh, you'll realize how good you have it at GSK.

10. anonymous

anonymous Guest

LOL is that a rhetorical question?? Bet they are still talking about the total office call, 'closing' doctors, and using fake Rx data to make decisions. Truly comical.

11. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Haven’t regretted it once.

12. anonymous

anonymous Guest

hope the stress doesn't cause you too many health problems.

eat raw foods and don't over exercise (this is correct strategy, because too much exercise is not good for your body due to inflammation issues).

13. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I just smoke weed and that does the trick

14. anonymous

anonymous Guest

I loved working at GSK until the current leadership arrived in 2017. Left, and never regretted it.

15. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Best thing I ever did. Wish I had left sooner!!!

16. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Do I regret leaving GSK? The simple answer is NO. The problem I had was the last 4 years I was with the company was simply horrible. I had 2 RVP's that managed upward to fatten their own nest. One RVP was a micro manager and the other had absolutely no clue how to manage people. So, I had no choice but to wait it out because I had 30 years and 10 months with the company and I was making a lot of money and stock. I will admit that things got so bad when patient first started I became depressed, but I hoped, and waited. Things got so bad I wanted to quit as it was affecting my health. I asked my financial advisor and he advised me to wait until the end of the year. So I waited only to hear that another buyout may be in the works. I raised my hand in December of that year I wanted to retire and called HR. I also informed my old RVP and my new RVP which I couldn't stand being around in hopes that would help me get the package. Well February rolls around and I get a call from RVP (HR was silently on the line listening). He tells me that the company granted my request and in doing so couched it a way that he was sorry and that the company was losing a valuable asset. Bullshit! He was playing to the HR person on the line. I replied with no emotion saying thank you, and I asked that he thank his VP for putting me on the list. That call was one of the best days in my life. GSK had to pay me 68 weeks severance (salary and bonus) + 6 weeks vacation + stock + unemployment + my medical. I have lived on that money for 4 years. It has taken me a long time to temper my hate for GSK management. I have some recommendations for those of you who will read this post; life is to short to be unhappy, the best defense is a great offense (record everything), don't be afraid to call HR, don't allow yourself to be bullied by anyone, keep your mouth SHUT and don't give them ammo to use against you, be careful who you trust, don't tell anyone anything (rule of thumb - do you want to see it written in the newspaper on the front page), listen and asking clarifying questions, don't allow your VP to use ambiguity as a means to manage, and lastly work out like crazy and eat a good diet to reduce the stress. The issue that confronts everyone is the money and benefits verses leaving. IF you stay it will be a faustian bargain, but IF you can manage everything you can retire and have no more worries. Good luck

17. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Glad you got out!! I was with GSK for 15 years after working with another pharma company for years. So not as much time with the company as you, but lived through a great time with this company in the beginning. Was actually happy for about 12 years. The last 3 years were hell. Constant change of territories and managers. Awful managers pushing constant changes in selling models. Lived with the COCO model for a few months and just wanted to throw up all the time. Lucky for me, big layoff happened and I was able to choose the package and they gave it to me. My mental health has improved exponentially and I found another job that I actually enjoy. Almost had a breakdown the last 2 years at this company. It was horrible and just not worth it. Package was nice and came just in time.

18. anonymous

anonymous Guest

So glad to be gone. GSK sucks hell. Anywhere (minus afew companies like Novartis and such) is better than GSK. GSK is the worst of the worst. You can’t do worse. Maybe the same, but not worse. So why not get the hell out? A lot of people are scared. Training, new job, afraid they won’t be the teachers pet, afraid they’ll actually have to work.

19. anonymous

anonymous Guest

lol. Exactly

20. anonymous

anonymous Guest

Hope you find something soon. Sending in that resignation letter is a great feeling.